Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Inventory Tracking Software

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 05:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inventory Tracking Software

Does anyone use inventory tracking software for work. I am looking for some "good" inventory software to track my material in my warehouse. Need to know whats getting pulled off the shelf, how much, who's taking it and where its going. I also need to be able to track it from another location, via internet. My office and warehouse are in to different cities. I've been using WASP for about a year, its really not doing the job for me. Its my understanding that some of these products can be costly. I dont mind spending some cash but, I want my money's worth

Thanks
Old 09-06-2005, 07:20 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A number of companies are using TAMMS (Total Asset Material Management System (I think)). What little I've used it, I'm impressed.
It tracks by serial number down to the component of the major item and will also let the users on the other end use a spreadsheet type input.
Don't know who built the software. Maybe hotdram (Rob) could give you some insight since the people he works for (Raytheon) uses it.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:57 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

we use pc/MRP (www.pcmrp.com) at work, its more of a materials resource planning software than a warehouse tracking software.
You might also give parts and vendors a try (http://www.trilogydesign.com).
They are both fairly cheap ($1000 or so)
Old 09-06-2005, 11:03 PM
Banned

Thanks fellas, I'll look into both of those. Anyone else? I'll take all the suggestions I can get. I really want to do my homework, shop around and get the system thats really going to work for me. Thanks again