Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Interesting reading- attention left wing dissident writing!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 07:10 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go see Fahrenheit 9/11. It may answer a few questions.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:13 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by t-7 firefighter
Go see Fahrenheit 9/11. It may answer a few questions.
Yeah so will Walt Disney's Cinderella
Old 07-01-2004, 07:16 PM

Originally posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Yeah so will Walt Disney's Cinderella
if you have seen it can you refute the information he brings up?
Old 07-01-2004, 07:23 PM
Admin Team Leader

I saw his last movie and recognized his obvious slant on the truth in that one. No reason for me to pay money to him when I already know he is full of crud.

I go by facts not fiction, having spent 22 years in the Military seeing for myself what is really going on in the world, I don't need some fool without a clue to try and shape my opinion.

If you think everything you see in a movie is real, then I guess you will be ordering your Spiderman web shooter real soon..... heck I might order one too
Old 07-01-2004, 07:33 PM

I saw his last movie and recognized his obvious slant on the truth in that one. No reason for me to pay money to him when I already know he is full of crud.

I go by facts not fiction, having spent 22 years in the Military seeing for myself what is really going on in the world, I don't need some fool without a clue to try and shape my opinion.

If you think everything you see in a movie is real, then I guess you will be ordering your Spiderman web shooter real soon..... heck I might order one too

don't knock it until you try it. i also spent a fair part of my life in the military but that doesn't sway my opinion. this was not a war on terrorism. if i lived near you i would pay your way. i challenge you to refute the information he puts out. granted it is one sided but he makes no bones about that.

by the way, i bought the web shooter from spiderman 1 and it sure makes getting around town easier
Old 07-01-2004, 07:42 PM
Admin Team Leader

don't knock it until you try it. i also spent a fair part of my life in the military but that doesn't sway my opinion. this was not a war on terrorism. if i lived near you i would pay your way. i challenge you to refute the information he puts out. granted it is one sided but he makes no bones about that.

by the way, i bought the web shooter from spiderman 1 and it sure makes getting around town easier
Guess I should have been in your branch of the military then. I was in Iraq on the ground and saw first hand what Saddam and his regime were all about.

I am not concerned at all with this movie one way or another, Our troops are doing a very necessary job, and no amount of fertilizer is ever going to make them smell like anything but Hero's to me.

Trade in the webshooter for the Xmen plane, you are behind the technology curve with that thing
Old 07-01-2004, 07:51 PM

Guess I should have been in your branch of the military then. I was in Iraq on the ground and saw first hand what Saddam and his regime were all about.

I am not concerned at all with this movie one way or another, Our troops are doing a very necessary job, and no amount of fertilizer is ever going to make them smell like anything but Hero's to me.

Trade in the webshooter for the Xmen plane, you are behind the technology curve with that thing

i have always supported our troops. they have no choice but to be over there. and yes they are real heros. i don't support the reason we are over there. the film is also a very pro military film. but i don't guess you will find that out.

Xmen plane. i have been saving up for that one. that will look sweet next to the "back to the future DeLorian"
Old 07-01-2004, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone knows that the web shooters are biological now.
The comics had it all wrong having science geek Peter Parker build the mechanical shooters.

Gonna go out a iradiate me a black widow and pester it.

I'll show you.

phox
Old 07-01-2004, 08:11 PM
Administrator

that will look sweet next to the "back to the future DeLorian"
You can get one of them on Ebay.

Some guy spent outrageous amounts of hard earned $$$ to make an authentic prop.

Probably sold to someone with more $$$ than brains by now.

phox
Old 07-01-2004, 08:15 PM
Admin Team Leader

i have always supported our troops. they have no choice but to be over there. and yes they are real heros. i don't support the reason we are over there. the film is also a very pro military film. but i don't guess you will find that out.

Xmen plane. i have been saving up for that one. that will look sweet next to the "back to the future DeLorian"
Oh well we shall just have to agree to disagree, or disagree to agree, which ever works best for you

Ok now I understand your point of view a lot better......You been smoking that white powder you found in the back of that Delorean!!!
Old 07-01-2004, 08:26 PM

Ok now I understand your point of view a lot better......You been smoking that white powder you found in the back of that Delorean!!!
nah i sold that stuff to pay for my spiderman webshooter.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:52 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
if you have seen it can you refute the information he brings up?
ABSOLUTELY!!! You can make also make a skunk look like a canary, but it won't change his smell. That is one of the most slanted, biased pieces of junk I have ever seen. It's the old "let's take it out of context and see how we can make it look" hat trick. Get the facts on the other geek - - make a movie out of that - - it will be a horror film. And, the neat part is, you won't have to slant it all - - just present the facts.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:22 PM
Chapter President

t-7 firefighter,
Like Top, I won't waste my money to the the movie. Being retired, I watch and listen to a lot of news programming. If you will take time to research a lot of the information in the movie, I think you will find that the publicity loving piece of crap that made the movie showed only what people like YOU wanted to see. It was heavily EDITED to show only one side of the real story. Check it out yourself.

cumminnotstrokn,
I spent 2 1/2 years working in California, and I always thought it was you folks that talked funny. Anyway, Top has already explained what can happen when you make grammatical mistakes.

As I said in another thread, I may not live long enough to see what Saddam and his buddies would have done if left alone, but my kids and grandkids would have. We didn't believe Ossama would do what he did until it was over. Quit crying about what's going on now, and worry about the future. Read your history books about all the cruelest of the dictators like Hitler and Stalin, and you will find that there are those out there that want to be just like them......Saddam, Milosavitch and Amin just to mention a few. The whinny babies of the world need to stick their heads out into the REAL WORLD and the see how their tushy life styles are being threatened.

Enough,
Old 07-01-2004, 09:23 PM

Originally posted by FiverBob
ABSOLUTELY!!! You can make also make a skunk look like a canary, but it won't change his smell. That is one of the most slanted, biased pieces of junk I have ever seen. It's the old "let's take it out of context and see how we can make it look" hat trick. Get the facts on the other geek - - make a movie out of that - - it will be a horror film. And, the neat part is, you won't have to slant it all - - just present the facts.

give me a for-instance. prove it to me. which part was untrue? it is true that it is a one sided film but you KNEW that going in. as far as his other films such as "bowling for columbine" it simply asked the question "why are we (americans) so vilolent?" it was NOT anti gun as most think.

i know you and i will disagree on this but respect that.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:36 PM

Originally posted by crobtex
t-7 firefighter,
Like Top, I won't waste my money to the the movie. Being retired, I watch and listen to a lot of news programming. If you will take time to research a lot of the information in the movie, I think you will find that the publicity loving piece of crap that made the movie showed only what people like YOU wanted to see. It was heavily EDITED to show only one side of the real story. Check it out yourself.

cumminnotstrokn,
I spent 2 1/2 years working in California, and I always thought it was you folks that talked funny. Anyway, Top has already explained what can happen when you make grammatical mistakes.

As I said in another thread, I may not live long enough to see what Saddam and his buddies would have done if left alone, but my kids and grandkids would have. We didn't believe Ossama would do what he did until it was over. Quit crying about what's going on now, and worry about the future. Read your history books about all the cruelest of the dictators like Hitler and Stalin, and you will find that there are those out there that want to be just like them......Saddam, Milosavitch and Amin just to mention a few. The whinny babies of the world need to stick their heads out into the REAL WORLD and the see how their tushy life styles are being threatened.

Enough,
if you haven't seen the movie then how do you know what is in it? if you think we went to iraq because of terrorism then i feel you are wrong IMO.

i will say it a hundred times over Iraq did not attack us. Osama did!!!!! do i think that saddam needed to be removed from power? yep. but we have bigger fish to fry IE: Osama. our lives are being threatened by north korea. i guess we should invade them. they actually have WMD's. everybody knows this. they have actually threatened to use them.

also like the film points out (which is common knowledge) 15 of the 19 hijackers were from saudi arabia. not from iraq. why didn't we invade saudi arabia?

i could go on and on as i'm sure you could. JMHO

Quick Reply: Interesting reading- attention left wing dissident writing!