Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Increasing boost in a D-Max???

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Increasing boost in a D-Max???

I hate to ask you guys/gals this but...Does anyone know how to increase boost on an 04 Duramax.

I have a buddy that is having the same EGT problems I had towing with an Edge. I just put my boost elbow in and I can't get past 1250* with 30 PSI. I did a little looking on the WWW but didn't come up with much other than a $300 computer controller. Not sure that would do it or not.

Thanks in advance for any help.

PS, I told him buying a new CTD would solve his problem but he didn't think that was as funny as I did
tom
Old 11-09-2005, 08:53 PM
Banned

If I'm correct the 04's have the LLY engine in them. There's something called a boost stick that you can buy for them. It's supposed to help with the EGT problems.

Here ya go:

Item Name: Boost Stick with extension for Dmax LLY
Category: Duramax Performance
Sub-Category: Duramax LLY - Duramax Performance
Price: $130.00
The Boost stick is a simple electronic device that plugs inline bewteen your boost sensor and the OE harness. The Boost Stick alters the output signal of the boost sensor using a fixed map developed on our Superflow Chassis dyno. Altering the signal results in the ECM commanding increased boost levels. We have set the boost map up properly so as not to risk engine/turbo damage so long as other boost encreasing devices are not used simultaneously. In order to actually "see" the increased boost you will need a mechanical gauge tapped into the intake as any databus reading gauge will be receiving the altered signal from the Boost stick. The result is increased performance, improved pedal response, and significantly decreased smoke and exhaust temps. Best results will be noticed when used in conjunction with the increased fueling of a chip or tuner.

I strongly recommend the extension so that you can remove Boost stick for service. -JK

You can pick them up from kennedydiesel.com
Old 11-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Chapter President

Thanks BB. With all those posts and you having no life, I knew I could count on you...
Old 11-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Banned

I'm just glad that I could finally put some of this useless knowledge to good use.