Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I had a "Wanna Get Away?" moment.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face I had a "Wanna Get Away?" moment.....

My Brother in Law and his wife just bought a fixer-upper house. While everybody was here yesterday my wife got on the computer to show some pictures to them. Well, I thought the pictures she was showing were of the house before they got it. The walls were painted in the most ridiculous colors imaginable and there were 3 and 4 different colors in each room. bright Orange, Pink, Aqua, Red, Green, etc.... I walked over to see thinking that these were the "Before" pictures and said "Wow, did a family of clowns live there before???" and laughed..

Uh Oh!!! I was informed that that's the way they had just painted it and that it actually looks better in person........ I just tried to change the subject and forget about it but I could see that I had hurt the Sister-in-Law's feelings. Oh well, It looked terrible! She has some kind of vision but I think that it's blurred!!!!!

I'm keeping my mouth shut in the future......
Old 11-24-2006, 07:59 AM
Banned

ouch, this close to Christmas, I think you'll be lucky to get a shirt, in your size, and not in those colors
Old 11-24-2006, 07:59 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
You probably did them a favor. There are only two colors of paint when I am rehabing a house. Bright colors make rooms look smaller.

1. Ceiling white
2. Off white for walls

Let the new buyers do the crazy colors. No one will take that house and say; "Wow! I love it."
Old 11-24-2006, 08:01 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
I'm keeping my mouth shut in the future......
I don't know much, but I do know THAT ain't gonna happen!
Old 11-24-2006, 08:11 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Open mouth, insert foot. Welcom to the club!
Old 11-24-2006, 08:13 AM

Ha Ha!!! Funny guy Geico!!!!

Actually I should have known because the house they just sold had a similar paint scheme but it was more of the Latino color scheme of reds, oranges and yellows. This new house is just plain crazy. They had to repaint their last house just to sell it.....
Oh well, it's their house. Of course I will tell them I love it when I actually see it in person.....
Old 11-24-2006, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by mikmaze
ouch, this close to Christmas, I think you'll be lucky to get a shirt, in your size, and not in those colors
He'll be lucky to get a card.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:58 AM

Or a pair of purple socks. Don't feel bad I think we have all done that. Last night I called my brothers girlfriend the wrong name, and she is a very touchy person.
Originally Posted by carcrz
He'll be lucky to get a card.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:09 AM

I know this has had to happen before... I hadn't seen some friends for awhile (almost 2 years) and when we all got together I asked her if she was preagnant... Well needless to say she wasn't and I had to leave I felt so bad....

Gerry

P.S. she didn't talk to me for a year!!!!
Old 11-24-2006, 10:34 AM

hehe I've learned to keep my mouth shut when I go over to peoples homes. I've been known to comment on how the miter joints on the trim looked like a beaver cut them, or how this or that looked like it was installed by an amatuer only to find out that the husband who is standing right there was the installer. oops It's kind of painful when they want to show you their butchery and you have to keep a straight face. Especially if you are in the trades.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Geico266
Let the new buyers do the crazy colors. No one will take that house and say; "Wow! I love it."

Unless they sell it to a bunch of clowns

I had that at work. A guy said he'd be so ****** if his wife got pregnant again, as they have one kid they didn't want. Came to work and he said she was pregnant. After about 5 min a guy said congradualtions and he said thanks, we all followed.... Treading on thin ice is one thing, but walking on water is another

Just remember, if you do get coal, hold onto it. It either become a diamond, or oil
Old 11-24-2006, 11:20 AM

I think he's getting black socks so he can take the inlaws and wife out to a nice fancy restaurant on him
Old 11-24-2006, 04:04 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Do not tell the sister in law that you like the color scheme unless you really do- she could talk her sis into redecorating, especially since you love the fresh and vigorous colors like infradead, ultraviolent etc.

AlpineRAM
Old 11-24-2006, 04:07 PM
Muted User

Thats like the Twix commercials. Now dont ya wish you had a twix Dodgezilla?

"Chew it over with a Twix"
Old 11-24-2006, 04:10 PM

Ha Ha!! Yup, that would have been nice. And tasty!!!

You can bet I won't say anything when I see it. I will merely nod in agreement with anything anybody says........

Quick Reply: I had a "Wanna Get Away?" moment.....