Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I bought my truck! 97 X-Cab, Longbed, 4x4, 5-spd :) (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought my truck! 97 X-Cab, Longbed, 4x4, 5-spd :) (pics)

I saw it on eBay, it's the one I was asking help for convincing the bank for a loan. As I said in the other post, I did convince them, and they gave me the money for the truck.

I talked with the seller, and took a ride out to see it. Everything about the truck was great, no mechanical problems that I could tell, still painted on the frame/undercarriage etc., no grinding in gears, lots of new parts here and there. Has a #10 fuel plate, but it's not 'turned up' so to speak, need to get gauges first.

However, it did need a radiator. We agreed to come down $400 on the price, so I ended up getting it for $9600. Got a radiator for $270, and "made" $130 putting it in myself. At the same time I threw on a new serpentine belt and flushed the cooling system.

I'll have some better pics once I clean it up good and give it a waxing, but, here's what I've got for now. First "mod" was taking my toolbox out of the Ford and sticking it in the Dodge. Ahhh, much better.

My mom took a shot of me working on getting the radiator out. Eh, yeah, so that's me.

Here's the trashed radiator, never seen it lose all the fins like this before!

Did the belt too:

Old 07-03-2005, 12:35 PM

Couple shots swapping the tool box over:

Old 07-03-2005, 12:40 PM

Old 07-03-2005, 12:49 PM

Dave: Great looknig truck ! WOW and I think you got a great deal in it also. How come the radiator is like that? How many miles on the truck?
BTW Congrats on the purchase. Oh what a difference a CTD makes!
Old 07-03-2005, 12:59 PM

Thanks! Truck has 275K on it, but ya can't tell by looking at it, even close up! I'll take some fenderwell and undercarriage pics to show how good of shape it's in. No kidding, my Ford feels like a Honda now, then again, I don't have a Powerstroke either, just an ole IDI.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dave..

U sound as happy as a new father, do us all a favor and update ur signature, U now have a cummins to boot! Im really happy for ya that you got your truck, Congratulations, oh and about the other truck down here, sold for 11500 dollars, it had 223K miles on the clock, i test drove it, completely stock, yet completely awesome!!..

Happy for ya!

Tx
Old 07-03-2005, 02:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the valve covers. I want to make mine red... as well as the intake horn... Whata ya think? How hard would it be to paint the turbo? The air filter side?
Old 07-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Banned

depending on what you are washing and waxing I don't think we need any more pictures but the truck looks good and well cared for, have fun and good luck
Old 07-03-2005, 04:47 PM
P.J
Banned

Greasy forearms the first week of ownership! This is going to be a beauitful relationship.
Congratulations, I would have guessed the bank was going to shoot you down.

Have Fun..............
Old 07-03-2005, 06:39 PM

Nice truck

Congrats on the new truck, nice pics too, such detail, I didn't think pictures that large could be posted here. It seems I can't post any pics period, that function is disabled on my computer or I don't know what I'm doing.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:16 PM

But still, what happened to the radiator?
Old 07-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Banned

Dave, I've got a brand new 13.25" FE and flywheel sitting in the garage if you're interested

Forrest
Old 07-04-2005, 02:21 AM

What's a 13.25" FE? Clutch I assume? Supposedly this one has a new clutch in it already, but if it Edit the bed I'll letcha know. I do want to put stacks on it though!

No clue what happened with the radiator, all I can say I guess is "it's old".

Heh, yeah, sorry about the big pics! Detail is good though! The guy that owned it before me did the timing cover and valve cover in powdercoat when he fixed the KDP. Guess he was doing powdercoating on the side so he did his stuff.

I've never heard of polishing the compressor side of a turbo before, only polishing it, and jet-hot coating the turbine housing...

pjsnyder...yes me and the truck have already bonded QUITE well so far, and heck I haven't even washed it yet! Should be a great love-hate relationship like everything else I own.

Good point, got to update the sig!

Please make your self aware of the forum rules you agreed to when registering

"You agree, through your use of the DieselTruckResource.Com forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, racially based or biased, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. Legal actions can be taken against you. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you and you show proof of ownership or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material and you can show proof of consent. In addition, for the use of this forum, profane posts should be considered those completely spelled words, or partially spelled words with use of keyboard symbols that suggest a profane meaning. We repeat, profane posts will absolutely not be tolerated on this website and its forums."
Old 07-04-2005, 06:15 AM

but it is green !!
Old 07-04-2005, 10:06 AM
Banned

the 13.25 FE is about the best single disk clutch you're gonna find... when you decide to step up and put some injectors in there and slam that plate forward, you'll be needing something other than a factory replacement

and yes, you want stacks

Quick Reply: I bought my truck! 97 X-Cab, Longbed, 4x4, 5-spd :) (pics)