Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

And this is how it should be

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And this is how it should be

&gt; Subject: America<br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>&gt; After hearing that the state of Florida changed its opinion and let a<br>&gt; Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her<br>&gt; face covered, one American had had enough. This is an editorial written by<br>&gt; an American citizen, published in a Tampa newspaper. Did<br>&gt; quite a job, didn't he?<br>&gt; IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT. I am tired of this nation worrying<br>&gt; about whether we are offending some individual or his<br>&gt; culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a<br>&gt; surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However,<br>&gt; the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the &quot;politically<br>&gt; correct&quot; crowd began complaining about the possibility that our<br>&gt; patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I<br>&gt; hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by<br>&gt; coming to America. Our population is almost entirely comprised of<br>&gt; descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that<br>&gt; those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born<br>&gt; here, need to understand. This idea of America being a<br>&gt; multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our<br>&gt; national identity. This culture has been developed over<br>&gt; centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by! millions of men and<br>&gt; women who have sought freedom. We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish,<br>&gt; Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if<br>&gt; you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!<br>&gt; &quot;In God We Trust&quot; is our national motto. This is not some Christian,<br>&gt; right-wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because<br>&gt; Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, a<br>&gt; fact which is abundantly documented. It is certainly<br>&gt; appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you,<br>&gt; then I suggest you consider another part of the world as<br>&gt; your new home, because God is part of our culture. <br>&gt; <br>&gt; If the Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you<br>&gt; should seriously consider a move to another part of this<br>&gt; planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we<br>&gt; really don't care how you did things where you came from.<br>&gt; This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment<br>&gt; gives every citizen the right to express his opinion, and we<br>&gt; will allow you every opportunity to do so. But once you're done<br>&gt; complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our<br>&gt; national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take<br>&gt; advantage of one other great American freedom: THE RIGHT TO<br>&gt; LEAVE. <br>&gt; <br>&gt; If you agree, please pass this along. <br>&gt; <br>&gt; <br>
Old 10-10-2002, 03:38 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Re:And this is how it should be

Nuff said!
Old 10-10-2002, 04:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:And this is how it should be

I got that a little bit after 9/11 and wanted to print it out and so it to school. This is kinda retarded but here is why. We are not allowed to have facial hair in school and there is supposed to be no religion. YET, they let the Muslims where their's cause it is their religion. I'm sorry, but that's wrong. And if I'm correct, Jesus had a long beard. So why can't we wear one? Our nation was founded on a form of Christianity, yet we can't celebrate Christmas cause it &quot;offends&quot; other religions. Whoopity Doooooo!!!!<br><br>Also, had this happen to a friends mom. Her and a black lady (by the way, this is in no way supposed to be racist. I am extremely against racism so don't take this the wrong way) were competing for the same job. His mom was more than qualified for the job. Had better grades in law school, a better background, everything. The black lady had satisfactory grades, not that great of a background, she wan't as qualified for the job. Yet the company gave it to her cause she threatened to sue them if they didn't cause she would claim racism. That bugs me. When other races expect us to bow down to them and give them special privlages (sp) and when we don't they cry racism. This doesn't apply to all races or all the people of certain races. There are just those certain people in those races that give the rest of them a bad name.<br>I'm tired of conforming to other peoples wishes and demands. It's time for America to stand up for itself. If I want to say the pledge in school, then I'll say it (they took out the pledge to the Texas flag &gt;), if I want to practice my religion, regardless of whether or not it &quot;offends&quot; others, then I'll do it. I am a full blood, American born and raised, Texan who is extremely proud of his nation and is tired of seeing it bow down to others. If you don't like the USA cause we have pride in our nation, then by all means, it is a free country, get the hell out. We don't want ya.<br>Now call this post what ya want but this is the way I feel.