Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

How did you end up with that wierd nickname?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 08:32 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Re:How did you end up with that wierd nickname?

Shovelhead: Nickname of engine design used by H-D 1969-1972ish.
My riding buddies called me Shovel-Ed 'cuz of my 1976 H-D.
Old 06-22-2003, 02:07 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lots of times I call Shovelhead &quot;Richard Edward&quot; ( aggie hint # 3, look at the nicknames)<br><br>grabbingacoldbeerandbackonthetra ctorshortround out
Old 06-22-2003, 02:18 PM

Shortround . <br>A coupla more &quot;refreshment breaks&quot; and them corn rows are gonna start lookin' like crop circles. <br>
Old 06-23-2003, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shovelhead,<br>It's OK if he plants crop circles, that way he won't have to work too hard when he goes to harvest - a few refreshment breaks and he's on the same level he was when planting.<br><br>redramnc - truck is red, I live in NC<br><br>JohnP has the real redram from NC - I can only wish I could put out the kind of numbers his does. BTW - don't ever park next to his truck at an event - even if you think yours is clean his will be cleaner.
Old 06-23-2003, 06:21 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts

Well one of the few Rams in the Austrian Alps. <br><br>AlpineRAM
Old 06-23-2003, 06:22 AM

This time of year - what's a clean truck?
Old 06-23-2003, 06:32 AM

[quote author=shortround link=board=10;threadid=16142;start=30#152328 date=1056367360]
This time of year - what's a clean truck?
[/quote]

One that's NOT buried up to the running boards in mud.

MylipsaresealedEd
Old 06-23-2003, 07:09 AM

I'll have you know, they are not running boards, they're step rails. ;D<br>Another thing, it was not buried up to them, it was buried over them. Get your story right, Ed. <br>Some people will say anything to make a guy sound bad.<br><br>feelinggoodonamondayShortround out
Old 06-23-2003, 08:32 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmmm....I guess its' my turn now.<br><br>The first forum I ever went to was Ford-Diesel.com. After trying lots of names....I finally just came up with F-250 Hoss after someone happened to walk in my office and said something to the affect of, &quot;What's up Hoss?&quot;. SO....I used F-250 Hoss at pretty much every forum I went to after that (just to be consistent). Everyone just kept calling me &quot;Hoss&quot; when they'd talk to me so I finally just dropped the F-250 (oh the irony) and went with just plain ole' Hoss. ;D
Old 06-23-2003, 10:50 AM

For those of you that don't know or have never came in contact with a Bull Thistle. They are a very sharp and spiney plant that around these parts are very aggravating [ except the birds do like the seeds ].<br>When I was a kid I was into trouble around the farm alot. :<br>So my dad said I was about like a Bull Thistle or a pain in the rear end. So the handle stuck with me.<br>I had to change the spelling on some places on the net, but this one seems to work pretty good.<br>Alot of people ask what it means though. They think it says bul this 1 , but it's just plain ol bulthisl.<br><br><br> : Eddie : 8)
Old 06-23-2003, 01:09 PM

Deacon at First Baptist Church of Belen NM.<br><br>DW
Old 06-23-2003, 04:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok here's a long one. And no I dont think so highly of myself that I need a name like Winr. By nature I am a Motor Head (Drag Racer) and Mopar has always been #1 with me. When Growing up Chryslers were for Gram &amp; Gramps,Dodge's were for mom &amp; Dad, Plymouth's were race cars. I had always raced Cusa's. So In '87 when I built my first Drag truck I put a Plymouth Decal on the tailgate (Like the one on the side of a super Bird ) So at the races the various track announcers would say anything from &quot;its rare&quot;, or &quot;it's Canadian&quot;, &quot;Mexican&quot; , No one ever said it was a sticker.
So part two. In school too my teachers and my parents supprise I was good in Reading, So durring all this reading I was so good at I read a passage by old Bill Shakespeare that went (paraphraseing) &quot; Would a rose be a rose by any other name ...yata yata yata... Whats In a Name?&quot;

That kinda goes with my way of thinking.

So when trying to come up with a memorable name for my race team, this came to me.
What's In a Name Racing- WIN Racing. For me it kinda puts it all together. Cars, Racing and Reading. Allways Keep'em Guessing
What does it mater what you call some thing. A flower is a flower, a Mopar is a Mopar and so on...
Told you it was going to be long

So now I use that for as much as possible cause I can remember it.
Old 06-23-2003, 04:50 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I suddenly find myself bored to tears... :

;D :P :-*
Old 06-23-2003, 05:13 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts

You know something Hoss, I have finally figured out that half the lies you tell are not true. ;D

Winr, nice story and nice looking car. 'Bout time somebody came up with a decent explanation. Notice that this thread has been read over 1000 times but not many have contributed. Can't believe that there are not more out there that have a story to tell about how they arrieved at their nickname. So how about contributing?
Old 06-23-2003, 05:26 PM

Well here goes:<br><br>Growing up as a kid in Texas, my Pa always had a CB in his vehicles; I wanted my own CB Handle. My dad gave me the handle of Snowman from the Smokey and the Bandit movie, because I would watch that movie over and over, I loved listing to Jerry Reed, and my Dad just figured I grow-up and be a speed nut like in the movie. Yup, he was right and I still like the movie and Jerry Reed.<br><br>In college, everybody thought I was called, Snowman, because I would leave school in the middle of a blizzard ;D to head up I-70 (COLORADO) and make some beer money pulling drivers out of the ditches that they slid into. The highway patrol always knew I would be running up and down the passes and would put out a CB call for Snowman to get somebody out (I was cheaper than the tow trucks :P). {I LOVE LOTS OF SNOW}<br><br>Put the two together and I’m known as SNOWMAN!<br><br>NO! It has nothing to do with what the OTR drives think it used to mean! :<br>

Quick Reply: How did you end up with that wierd nickname?