Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

High school Grad.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 07:47 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re:High school Grad.

Whoop!!! Congrats!! ;D<br><br>Gig 'Em!!
Old 05-29-2003, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wel congrats. You now bee edgeumacated.. ;D
Old 05-29-2003, 01:42 PM

Yeah! Big Blue and I graduate today! <br>Oh yeah, Gig'em Aggies!<br><br>Trust me just because we are Texans it don't mean we ain't smart- hell I'm graduating Magna *** Laude and and going to A&amp;M on a full ride scholarship! Not to mention I was accepted into Rice University, UC Davis, and Cal- Poly.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:45 PM

Cool...maybe you can help Blue along.

Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 1999!!
Old 05-29-2003, 03:26 PM
Banned

I could use all the help I can get.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:54 PM

Just don't do like I did and take Chemistry, History, Engineering Calculus, Engineering Design Graphics, Ag &amp; Life Sciences and Ag Engineering all in your first semester.

Man alive!!! Can you say 1.63 GPA??

Luckily I straightened myself out after that.
Old 05-29-2003, 04:20 PM
Banned

You really are an idiot, aren't you? I don't plan on doing that kind of load my freshman year. My parents are talking bout only making me take like 12 hours or something. But I've heard that the minimum is 15.
Old 05-29-2003, 04:30 PM

[quote author=BigBlue link=board=10;threadid=15028;start=15#143590 date=1054243210]<br>You really are an idiot, aren't you? I don't plan on doing that kind of load my freshman year. My parents are talking bout only making me take like 12 hours or something. But I've heard that the minimum is 15.<br>[/quote]<br><br>I felt like one after that semester.... :<br><br>The minimum required to be full time is 12 hours...and for your first semester I wouldn't recommend taking any more than that. That's what everyone told me but I thought I was smarter than them and enrolled for 15 hours. I ended up with 5 hours credit that semester. : I didn't party either...I just never had to study in high school so I didn't know how. <br><br>What is your major going to be? When is your freshman orientation? They'll go through all of this stuff there. I highly recommend going to Fish Camp too. <br><br>Also....since you're living off campus...you might look into joining an organization called Off Campus Aggies. They're a good resource...and they'll be at your orientation so you'll be able to find them easy enough.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:15 PM
Banned

My major is going to be architecture. Don't know when orientation is. I'm going to get online and check it out tomorrow. I planned on going to fish camp. I'm like you (that sucks now that I think bout it ), I haven't had to crack a book to study since the 6th grade and I've pulled very solid A's and B's. I'm great at studying for semester exams. Ever since I learned how to, I've pulled solid A's and B's on those to (instead of C's and D's). I'm going to have to really crack down this time around. I've got a couple of people to prove myself to.
Old 05-30-2003, 06:50 AM

I don't condemn people that cannot spell or sometimes read. There are so many out there that don't get a chance to work with their hands! I know of so many kids and I'm sure most of you do aswell that couldn't learn sqwat from a book put em under a car and they are at home.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:06 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts

Yikes!!! All this Aggie talk and next thing someone will want an Aggie forum. :<br>Look what a certain university edumakashun did to one of our more 'talkative' members. Learned how to add extra fertilizer to his lawn and now look at it. Now I stop to think about it maybe he ate some as well. Could it be that is what has made him the way he is today
Old 05-30-2003, 07:19 AM

BigBlue is going to A&amp;M. If you havent notice. How many times you gonna tell there boy. Congrats.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:29 AM

[quote author=BigBlue link=board=10;threadid=15028;start=15#143613 date=1054246535]<br>My major is going to be architecture. Don't know when orientation is. I'm going to get online and check it out tomorrow. I planned on going to fish camp. I'm like you (that sucks now that I think bout it ), I haven't had to crack a book to study since the 6th grade and I've pulled very solid A's and B's. I'm great at studying for semester exams. Ever since I learned how to, I've pulled solid A's and B's on those to (instead of C's and D's). I'm going to have to really crack down this time around. I've got a couple of people to prove myself to.[/quote]<br><br>Word of advice...you pretty much HAVE to get a masters degree to ever bet taken seriously in the world of architecture (read that as you pretty much have to have a masters to make any money). Go here and you can get a pretty good idea of starting salaries for various degrees from A&amp;M. Just something to consider... <br><br>As far as studying....you'll have to do a lot of that to stay in school...but don't sacrifice the &quot;other&quot; life because you're nose is always in a book. College is a learning experience in lots more ways than book learning.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:37 AM

[quote author=Mexstan link=board=10;threadid=15028;start=15#143790 date=1054296386]
Yikes!!! All this Aggie talk and next thing someone will want an Aggie forum. :[/quote]

Hmmmm....now there's any idea. Jack?? ;D

Look what a certain university edumakashun did to one of our more 'talkative' members. Learned how to add extra fertilizer to his lawn and now look at it. Now I stop to think about it maybe he ate some as well. Could it be that is what has made him the way he is today

Word of advice to you folks wanting green grass....just because a little fertilizer is good doesn't mean a lot is better. : And....Mexstan....for your information, Bonus S taste NASTY and there's no way I'd eat that stuff!! &gt; :P
Old 05-30-2003, 08:11 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts

Getting serious for a change .....
What are all you 'still-wet-behind-the-ears' think-you know-it-all kids going to do with your education? Do you have a firm plan, a goal, or are you getting an education just because it is the thing to do?
Suggestion; Have a one, five and ten year goal. Plan everything around that goal. One important thing, get a mentor! (not a parent) One that will kick you where it hurts when you deviate and holds you responsible for your dumb actions in the future. One that can guide you in every way. Don't think you will not mess up royally, because you will! How you un-mess will help to decide you future successes and failures.
I am leaving in about half an hour to attend the graduation from university of my step-son. He is now a fully qualified architect. Today he also completes his building his 5th house and has had his own company for a few years now. He set this goal before high school and now he graduates top of the class. He already has orders for other new houses.
Don 't just bum your way thru universtiy and life waiting for something to drop into your lap. Make it happen! If you want something hard enough you will get it. The trick is to want it hard enough and jump thru all of lifes hoops to get it. I don't believe in good luck. Go out there and MAKE your own luck.

Quick Reply: High school Grad.