Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Help, I am in deep doo-doo.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 02:44 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Stan, you want I should call your Wife and fix things for you ?
Old 05-24-2010, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Stan, you want I should call your Wife and fix things for you ?
Oooo! Let me, let me, let me!
Old 05-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kill wife.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:58 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 158 Likes on 122 Posts
Man, this sure is one stubborn stain. Getting it removed slowly and at least it is to the point that my wife is no longer nagging me about it. Did not have any brake cleaner left, so tried some throttle body cleaner. May as well have used plain water as it did nothing. Tried some gas and a wire brush and that made a difference, but am afraid of the wire brush causing a spark on the cement and then poof. So far the product that has worked the best is the Orange hand cleaner and a good scrubbing and then the pressure washer.

For those of you that offered suggestions, thank you. I will use some of your advice for my next accident.

After all this, I think that I can pass myself off to your government as a qualified expert on cleaning spills and get a job with either BP or your government.

A couple of you offered to call my wife, thanks, but no thanks. Wonder why I got a sinking feeling when I read that?

Here is what happened to cause this mess. I needed to change the power steering fluid, so figured the easiest way was to disconnect the pressure line going to my winch. However, as I was not sure how much volume was going come out, I got a big drain pan ready and told my wife to start it up and IMMEDIATELY shut it down. Figured that way it would give me an idea of what to do to catch all the old fluid. Well, she started it up, but did not shut it down until I yelled. I yelled because the PS fluid came out of that hose faster than I anticipated, overshot the drain pan, hit the inside of the bumper, which in turn made an excellent job of dispersing the oil over a wide area, including me. Of course it is my fault for 1) not explaining what IMMEDIATELY meant and 2) for not placing a very large piece of plastic under the truck because I "always" make a mess.

There, now go ahead and laugh!
Old 05-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING...Hello? Stan's wife? Yeah how ya doin?
Stan says that he is trying harder then BP to clean that stain off.
Whats that? Yeah, I know that ain't hard to beat but he is trying.
CLICK

Stan another way to clean that off is to pour hot...real hot water on it, then use your choice of chemical to loosen it more. Next, put some ice on it to solidify whats left and wipe it up. That worked on some paving stones I messed up last summer.

Scotty
Old 05-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
You can always get a pot full of that fluid and a paint brush and stain the rest of the cement to match

Rrrrrrrrrringggg Hello is this Mrs Stan? Well Stan asked me to call and ask you to please leave him alone about that stain, he is doing the best he can and frankly is getting tired of hearing about it.... whats that? is MY wife here? Well uhh yes she is..why do you ask? You want to talk to her? About me?

Listen please forget I called, Have a wonderful day and make sure Stan gets all of that stain up... Huh? Yes Mamn, you are 100% correct it is none of my business and I will not bother you again ...in fact I believe I have the wrong number
Old 05-27-2010, 12:12 AM

Man have I got a deal for you...They are tearing down a bunch of old barracks up here...All the roofs are tiled with pavers....We have close to a couple hundred thousand that we are giving away for free...all you have to do is come an get them...
Old 05-27-2010, 12:55 AM

if you still need to get some out - try some Coca-Cola. Works very well - I've seen it leave 'scribble marks' on my neighbors driveway after randomly pouring from a 2L bottle and then just rinsing away . . .

I used Coke one time on the garage floor for an oil spill - the spot where the oil was soon became the cleanest part of the garage floor!
Old 05-27-2010, 03:58 AM
Banned

X2 on the Coke.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:12 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Originally Posted by AkTallPaul
Man have I got a deal for you...They are tearing down a bunch of old barracks up here...All the roofs are tiled with pavers....We have close to a couple hundred thousand that we are giving away for free...all you have to do is come an get them...
You are all heart, thank you for thinking about me. I am so touched. I will leave tomorrow for the drive up.
As for the rest of you with all your "helpful" suggestions, thanks. At least they were good for a laugh.

Hmmm, coke. I will give that a try.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:34 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Get some Mexican tequilla and pour some on the stain. If that does not work drink the rest, you won't care about the stain, or your marrage.

Rrrrrrrring. Mrs. Stan? Have you seen your husband lately? He is hanging on the telephone pole naked acting like he is Pancho Villa. What's that? This is normal for him? Never mind. Have a nice day.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:38 AM
Administrator

What's wrong with one of the original replies... turn the paver over. It made sense when I first read it but no one commented on it. Did I miss something?
Old 05-27-2010, 07:18 AM
I grad-u-ated frum Claudes skool of tpying....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it's more fun to read the "Stan i'll call your wife for you "posts though
Old 05-27-2010, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by chaikwa
What's wrong with one of the original replies... turn the paver over. It made sense when I first read it but no one commented on it. Did I miss something?
No you did not. These interlocking blocks are 8 sided and if turned over have a different edge, so it would be very obvious.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mexstan
No you did not. These interlocking blocks are 8 sided and if turned over have a different edge, so it would be very obvious.
Well, you could turn them ALL over. Or stain all of them!

Quick Reply: Help, I am in deep doo-doo.