Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Had Shoulder Surgery Thursday

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had Shoulder Surgery Thursday

This past Thursday I finally went under the knife to fix an ongoing shoulder injury that's been bothering me for the past two years. It all started when I was playing in a paintall tournament, I dove head first into a bunker and rolled my shoulder out on the spot. I finished the game but I didn't go to the doctor after that, I procrastanated for nearly 2 years and poped it out of socket atleast 5-6 times during that time. Just about 3 months ago I nearly went into shock because I thought I had my bone sticking out of my skin. I had just finished washing my rig and I went to hop in the cab, I grabbed the steering wheel w/ my right arm and stepped onto the running board. Well the running board was a little wet and I slipped off causing my bone to roll out of the socket and upwards towards my skin. After running in circles like a chicken with his head cut off I finally got it to roll back into position, I literally lied on the floor of my work shop for a good 10 miutes in agonizing pain.

The doc did a good job on the surgery, I had about a 4 inch tear on my labrum(I think thats what its called), the Labrum I guess is a piece of muscle that helps hold the bone into place. Since mine was ripped my bone would slide out at times of heaving lifting or if pulled on it to hard. They had to refold it, and stitch it from the inside together. I have a nice 5" scar leading from my arm pit up and a hole in my shoulder blade where they inserted a scope for some reason.

They have me in a sling type deal until I start physcial therapy this Wednesday. I have my upper arm strapped down so I can't move it from my side causing it to tear again while it heals(try holding your arm to your waist for a week ) I have some motion of my lower arm but while the sling is off I can't walk around without my left arm holding up my right arm, the weight for it at this time is just to much.

But anyways enough of my whining, although this whole post was typed on my left hand only(im right handed) it took a while to type all this out. Any one have a surgery similar to this? How were your results?
Old 10-23-2006, 08:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nate Ive never known you to whine about anything! EVER!

Hopefully you have a good physical therapist who will help you out!

Sorry to hear about this.

Rick
Old 10-23-2006, 08:55 PM

Well thanks Rick, I appreciate it buddy. How are you doing btw?

Yea hopefully I have a good therapist, if im lucky she might even be decent looking also.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:02 PM

Well I hope the truck is a auto for your sake or you are goin to have major withdrawls.

The main thing to do is listen to the experts and take the advice of them you may be able to tough out an early recovery but the pace they set you on is so that you dont need surgery down the road. And you will know pain after you get done with them I think all therapists are relitives of the Marque De Sad (sp?).
Old 10-23-2006, 09:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
zfort001,

Where in Germany are you??

Rick
Old 10-23-2006, 09:17 PM

Yea my truck is a auto, wish it was a manual though. I've been dieing to drive it the past couple of days since I put on the BD Tripple Dog.

I hopefully will have a good therapist who knows what their doing, i'll find out in a couple of days.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:19 PM

I am in Heidelberg Ge, stationed near by in a lil town called Switzegen (sp), But currently i am in Iraq with the US Army for a few more monthe. Wife gets the truck while i am here and loves Germany.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:28 PM

What kind of meds they put you on?
Old 10-23-2006, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Digital Bullet
What kind of meds they put you on?
Oh boy, thats a good question I don't even recall the name of those cheap suckers. They were like a step above Tylonal it seemed, they were a complete waste of water to swallow. I took 2 every 4 hours and they were gone in 3 days, but im doing well pain wise my girlfriend has a bunch of Vicodens(sp) left over from a knee surgery. I've got a bottle of Jack & Captain Morgans put away but I don't want to mix that w/ pills.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:16 AM

Hopefully you will get a female therapist, I just don't want to think about a guy rubbing your shoulder.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:53 AM
Chapter President

Good luck on your recovery, and stick with the PT regimen they proscribe!

And - don't shoot any large caliber rifles until you are FULLY healed - don't ask me how I know!
Old 10-25-2006, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Rauschbo
Good luck on your recovery, and stick with the PT regimen they proscribe!

And - don't shoot any large caliber rifles until you are FULLY healed - don't ask me how I know!
I had a real strong urge to shoot my Remington last nite at about 10:00 out of my bay window. I just happened to look out the window & about 40 yards or so I saw 2 HUGE bucks standing in my front yard, they were the biggest **** dear I ever layed my eyes upon. I opened the window and they darted off into the woods.