Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Great e-mail I got...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Great e-mail I got...

Special cruise 2009 offer for adventurous travelers.

I found a Somali cruise package that departs from Sawakin (in the Sudan ) and docks at Bagamoya (in Tanzania ).

The cost is a bit high @ $800 per person double occupancy but I didn't find that offensive. What I found encouraging and enlightened is that the cruise is encouraging people to bring their 'High powered weapons' along on the cruise.

If you don't have weapons you can rent them right there on the boat. They claim to have a master blacksmith on board and will have reloading parties every afternoon.

The cruise lasts from 4-8 days and nights and costs a maximum of $3200 per person double occupancy (4 days). All the boat does is sail up and down the coast of Somalia waiting to get hijacked by pirates.

Here are some of the costs and claims associated with the package :

$800.00 US/per day double occupancy (4 day max billing)

M-16 full auto rental $25.00/day - ammo at 100 rounds of 5.56 armor piercing ammo at $15.95

Ak-47 rifle @ No charge - ammo at 100 rounds of 7.62 com block ball ammo at $14.95

Barrett M-107 .50 cal sniper rifle rental $55.00/day - ammo at 25 rounds 50 cal armor piercing at $9.95

Crew members can double as spotters for 30.00 per hour (spotting scope included).

Far Out ---- they even offer RPG's at 75 bucks and 200 dollars for 3 standard loads

"Everyone gets use of free complimentary night vision equipment and coffee and snacks on the top deck from 7pm-6am."

Meals are not included but seem reasonable.

Most cruises offer a mini-bar. These gung ho entrepreneurs offer......... get this .....

"MOUNTED MINIGUN AVAILABLE @ $450.00 per 30 seconds of sustained fire"

Sign my rear end up!

They advertise group rates and corporate discounts...... and even claim "FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY"

They even offer a partial money back guarantee if not satisfied.

Here's some text from the ad :

"We guarantee that you will experience at least two hijacking attempts by pirates or we will refund half your money back including gun rental charges and any unused ammo (mini gun charges not included).

How can we guarantee you will experience a hijacking?

We operate at 5 knots within 12 miles of the coast of Somalia . If an attempted Hijacking does not occur we will turn the boat around and cruise by at 4 knots. We will repeat this for up to 8 days making three passes a day along the entire length of Somalia . At night the boat is fully lit and bottle rockets are shot off at intervals and loud disco music beamed shore side to attract attention. Cabin space is limited so respond quickly. Reserve your package before Feb 29 and get 100 rounds of free tracer ammo in the caliber of your choice."
Old 05-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Ahahahahahaha!!! Where did they find this crap!!!!???? Sign me up!!!!!
Old 05-01-2009, 12:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by madhat
Special cruise 2009 offer for adventurous travelers.

I found a Somali cruise package that departs from Sawakin (in the Sudan ) and docks at Bagamoya (in Tanzania ).

The cost is a bit high @ $800 per person double occupancy but I didn't find that offensive. What I found encouraging and enlightened is that the cruise is encouraging people to bring their 'High powered weapons' along on the cruise.

If you don't have weapons you can rent them right there on the boat. They claim to have a master blacksmith on board and will have reloading parties every afternoon.

The cruise lasts from 4-8 days and nights and costs a maximum of $3200 per person double occupancy (4 days). All the boat does is sail up and down the coast of Somalia waiting to get hijacked by pirates.

Here are some of the costs and claims associated with the package :

$800.00 US/per day double occupancy (4 day max billing)

M-16 full auto rental $25.00/day - ammo at 100 rounds of 5.56 armor piercing ammo at $15.95

Ak-47 rifle @ No charge - ammo at 100 rounds of 7.62 com block ball ammo at $14.95

Barrett M-107 .50 cal sniper rifle rental $55.00/day - ammo at 25 rounds 50 cal armor piercing at $9.95

Crew members can double as spotters for 30.00 per hour (spotting scope included).

Far Out ---- they even offer RPG's at 75 bucks and 200 dollars for 3 standard loads

"Everyone gets use of free complimentary night vision equipment and coffee and snacks on the top deck from 7pm-6am."

Meals are not included but seem reasonable.

Most cruises offer a mini-bar. These gung ho entrepreneurs offer......... get this .....

"MOUNTED MINIGUN AVAILABLE @ $450.00 per 30 seconds of sustained fire"

Sign my rear end up!

They advertise group rates and corporate discounts...... and even claim "FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY"

They even offer a partial money back guarantee if not satisfied.

Here's some text from the ad :

"We guarantee that you will experience at least two hijacking attempts by pirates or we will refund half your money back including gun rental charges and any unused ammo (mini gun charges not included).

How can we guarantee you will experience a hijacking?

We operate at 5 knots within 12 miles of the coast of Somalia . If an attempted Hijacking does not occur we will turn the boat around and cruise by at 4 knots. We will repeat this for up to 8 days making three passes a day along the entire length of Somalia . At night the boat is fully lit and bottle rockets are shot off at intervals and loud disco music beamed shore side to attract attention. Cabin space is limited so respond quickly. Reserve your package before Feb 29 and get 100 rounds of free tracer ammo in the caliber of your choice."
Sounds like a really nice trip ask LARY to see if we can do a group buy

I bet if we get enough interest we could provide one free room for nobama and then rent a life boat + set him out for bait of course we would not actually fire upon the pirates
Old 05-01-2009, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL!!! Sounds like a great idea for the next DTR get-together. We can't take our trucks but guns are almost as fun........
Old 05-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Sign me up!!
Old 05-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
LOL!!! Sounds like a great idea for the next DTR get-together. We can't take our trucks but guns are almost as fun........
See if we can use DWiggs truck as bait.. Man, this is going to be a great get together
Old 05-01-2009, 10:06 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I see a DTR fund raising Cruise!
Old 05-01-2009, 10:07 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Would give a whole new meaning to cap and trade =o)
Old 05-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I am all for it Guys Lets just rent the whole boat and do it DTR style!
Old 05-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

We'd all be in the engine room trying to get the boat to roll coal...

I'll bring some MRE's for Lary so he does not have a repeat of the last boat ride he took... <<< the other end too...
Old 05-01-2009, 11:36 PM

Let's see...almost 80,000 members and 10% show up. 8,000 Cummins diesel nuts with guns and cheap ammo with loud music, beer and the chance to shoot at pirates?

I'm there with bells on! I've got a few guns that need some sighting in and I'm itchin' to burn off some stress!
Old 05-01-2009, 11:59 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
All I could say is... dibs on the Barrett!
Old 05-02-2009, 06:37 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hilarious, I am in. Imagine the look on the pirates faces as they approach the ship with 8,000 hard core gun toten, beer drinking diesel maniacs. I would love to be up on the roof watching that exchange of fire. ROTFLMAO The only problem the cruise line will have is a lack of weapon rental, because we will all bring our own. Heck they would want to rent some of ours.

Tim
Old 05-02-2009, 07:03 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I am bringing a Ma Duce so we can show these pirates what a 50 cal can really do
Old 05-02-2009, 07:22 AM
Banned

I'm gonna run by the local gas station that has the 3 inch cannon propped up out front and buy it.. I hear alpo dogfood cans full of concrete and a half pound of black powder is a helluva round

Quick Reply: Great e-mail I got...