Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Good points about Bush

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 01:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by wood_n_soldier
MARK, wow - good arguments and I agree with everythin you concerning the economy, it was CLinton that ran us into the ground and the recovery we've made already is a great thing. Imagine how nice it would be with a smaller government that ONLY does what it's supposed to be doing.

I have to part ways with you regarding the war. President Bush has indeed put us on the offensive and we are all over the place furthering our cause.
-- which is--

It is my strong believe that we would not have been attacked if we were not playing policeman to the world. It is not the governments job nor it's responsability to defend Iraquis from a dictator or to stop aids in africa or to feed the starving millions in (insert third world name here). It simply isn't. If in fact you want to do these things by all means do them. Contribute to a private charity, move to Iraq and lead a revolution... you get my drift. It may be wrong, it may be terrible even. But it is not the job of our government to interfere.

The terrorist we think of - think we are terrorist. They do not hate us because we are "free" and our women are not covered head to toe. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It would be equivalent to me hating everyone from Italy b/c they are italian. I don't have to agree with their ways, I don't have to agree with thier system of politics nor do I need to attack them. I do have to let them be until they attempt to cause me harm. No matter how much I may disagree with (whatever cause you care to insert here)
Your anoligy compares greatly to a few years ago when a group of citizens in New York stood around and watched a person get beat to death. It was not their business.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:13 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
[QUOTE]Originally posted by turbodieselchic
[B]Subject: WHAT A RESUME: George bush

RESUME

GEORGE W. BUSH
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20520

College:

I graduated from Yale University with a low "C" average. I was
a cheerleader.

Another Lie Bites the Dust

My Goodness how the Lies unravel

Just for you who ask to have the source named.
[url]http://www.snopes.com/politics/bus
Old 10-05-2004, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a balance to be struck between watching a person get beat to death and our government going to another country and doing whatever it is they do.

Bad things happen, there is no way that can be changed, and no law is going to prevent it. Those people that stood there should be ashamed of themselves to be sure.

The point I am making is that it is not the governments’ responsibility to do what it does, and we the freaking people should be mad as heck about it but we aren't.

I have never been one to get roused by this sort of thing, but for some reason the rocket ship of lemmings headed towards lemming nirvana hit's my hot button more and more...

Any specific thought as to why this doesn’t bother you I’d be glad to hear, I’m opinionated but not closed minded. - most of the time anyway -
Old 10-05-2004, 04:16 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by wood_n_soldier
There is a balance to be struck between watching a person get beat to death and our government going to another country and doing whatever it is they do.

Bad things happen, there is no way that can be changed, and no law is going to prevent it. Those people that stood there should be ashamed of themselves to be sure.

The point I am making is that it is not the governments’ responsibility to do what it does, and we the freaking people should be mad as heck about it but we aren't.

I have never been one to get roused by this sort of thing, but for some reason the rocket ship of lemmings headed towards lemming nirvana hit's my hot button more and more...

Any specific thought as to why this doesn’t bother you I’d be glad to hear, I’m opinionated but not closed minded. - most of the time anyway -
I couldn't disagree more strenuously, it is the DUTY of EVERY human being, to put a stop to the Hitler's and Saddam's of the world. Some of us take this to be a known truth that does not need validation.

Others would rather turn a blind eye to anything that does not affect them directly. What is sad, is that it effects EVERYONE throughout the globe, but still you have those whiners and naysayers who see themselves as having no culpability for anything, or anyone.

As to being mad as heck, I truly am! Americans are losing site of the plain fact that Freedom is not a God given right, but one that has to be earned and paid for on a continuing basis.

Luckily we still have those wonderful individuals who are willing to do more than just whine about what is right or wrong, but rather stand up and put their lives on the line for Freedom.

Because it is the RIGHT thing to do
Old 10-05-2004, 04:30 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Winston Chruchhill said;

"If you are not a liberal by the time you are 20 you do not have a heart, and if you are not a conservative by the time you are 30 you do not have a brain."

Something to think about.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:31 AM

After watching the last debate, I am starting to see more and more why the Democrats use the Jackass as their symbol.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by George&cheryl
Something interesting in our local paper from yesterday, its an article from Bush's home town paper don't know how much is fact but then again do we ever?
The head line reads " Kerry would restore dignity to U.S."
The lone star iconoclast, a news paper in Crawford Tx endorsed Bush in 2000-but not this year. The paper is supporting Kerry.

The article goes on to say few Americans would have voted for Bush four years ago if he had promised that he would

Empty the Social Security trust fund by $507 billion to help offset fiscal irresponsibility and at the same time slash Social Security benefits.

Cut medicare by 17% and reduce veterans benefits and military pay.

Eliminate overtime pay for millions of Americans and raise oil prices by 50%

Give tax cuts to businesses that sent American jobs overseas, and, in fact, by policy encourage their departure..

Give away billions of tax dollars in government contracts without competive bids.

Involve this country in a highly questionable war and take a budget surplus and turn it into the worst deficit in the history of the United States, creating a debt in just four years that will take generations to repay.

Don't jump on me here guys, its just what I read. I'm trying to take Jack's advice and do some research and read everything that I can get my hands on.

If this is an actual qoute from a news paper you should have just grabbed the National Enquirer right next to it. I have a hard time believing an accredited paper would print this BS. Must be a CBS affiliate
Old 10-06-2004, 02:30 AM

Originally posted by Geico266
Winston Chruchhill said;

"If you are not a liberal by the time you are 20 you do not have a heart, and if you are not a conservative by the time you are 30 you do not have a brain."

Something to think about.
When I was 20 life was making babies and trying to have the fastest car on the block.

Somewhere in my thrities I had realized that there was more to life than jumping a front wheel over a beer can. Hitch in the ARMY helped out here. I believe that the draft would be good for the country and also for the youth, but I am against drafting girls, so would be against it.