Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Give your dad a call

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 10:24 PM

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts
Give your dad a call

Anyone who is luck enough to still have one, take the time and call or go to visit your dad or mother just to tell them how much they mean to you and spend some time with them before it is too late. I know this because I held my dad's hand and watched him take his last breath Friday. You tend to think a dad is forever until this happens and then it is hard to believe you will never see him again in this life. You begin to think of all the times you didn't go to see him and spend time with him because you had something that was more important to do that day or your work had to come first,well I know now that nothing is more important than family and no job is more important because no amount of money will by time on earth. Every day from now on I will hug my children, visit or call my mother and make sure my wife knows just how special she is and how much I love them all. Just venting some sorrow and grief and trying to keep anyone who cares to read this from going through the regrets I have now.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. and nothing i or anyone else says can stop the hurt. but he does live forever in your heart and the fond memories you have will last a lifetime. the most comfort i can give to you is that at least you had the opportunity to spend final moments together
Old 01-27-2007, 10:50 PM

Going thru the grieving process we always ask ourselves too many "What if's......", however your helping us to hopefully ask ourselves fewer when that time come to our lives. It's a "heads up" we usually deny until it is too late. Thanks and may you and your family find peace and love in your resolution.

Remember, yesterday is a canceled check, tomorrow is a promissory note, today is cash!
Old 01-27-2007, 10:51 PM
DTR question asker

Sorry to hear about you're dad man. I know how hard it is to lose someone that you are close to. Best of wishes.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:06 PM

Sorry to hear of your dad rlyons, my father died when I was 12, with me holding his hand. It's something you never forget, but, as said above, the memories you have with him will always stay with you.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:50 PM

My dad died July 17, 1996. I was 37 yrs old, he was 72. I still think of him every day. He will always be with you in your heart. It gets a little easier with time, but I know right now it hurts. We moved my mom close to us so I can help take care of her. If you still have mom, take care of her. Our prayers are with you.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:04 AM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Keep his memories alive forever.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Like the others, I too am sorry to hear about your loss. There is no replacement for your dad. I lost mine when I was 9 years old. I have nothing but fond memories of him and it really makes me appreciate the time I spend with my own, now, 10 year old son.

One of the last memories I have with my dad was going to see the movie White Line Fever. I just bought it tonight off of Ebay.

I wish you well as you move thru the grieving process and start to heal.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:55 AM
Banned

I talk to my parents almost every day and visit them when I can. My dad is my best friend and my hero and without him I wouldn't be half the man I am today. My mom is the same way. I shudder to think about the day that I lose either of them cause when they pass a part of me will die as well. I'm sorry that you lost your dad. I truly am. You have my deepest sympathies.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:16 AM
Banned

Sorry for your loss. ive burred both my parents,brother@ grand parents. now i just have my wifes family,so i treat everyday like its my last.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to hear about the loss.

I gave my Dad a big hug Yesterday.

MikeyB
Old 01-28-2007, 10:49 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I will never have to go thru that. I have never met my dad.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:19 AM

I know what your going through back in may I also held my fathers hand as he took his last breath. He was 54, he was my hero and my best friend. I now wish I had done all the things you said you wished you would've. But you just take it one day at a time, or even minute by minute. I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:59 PM

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts
Thanks guys for all your kind words. I haven't been able to get on here until tonight. I am for sure going to take care of my mom, she already lives near me. The vultures of the family have already started trying to see what they can get from my mom and I won't stand for it at all even if they are my sisters. Thanks again,
Roy
Old 01-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am very sorry to hear about your dad, my condolences to you and your family.

Quick Reply: Give your dad a call