Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Fundraiser for saving lives - please read

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 12:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:Fundraiser for saving lives - please read

Jack you are working with the system also, you should be able to get a donation of a single wheel ambulance for the purpose. In this case you need to make up a request for the donation and send it to different municipalities and fire departments. Volunteer Fire Departments regularly do this with good results. I don't currently have any source for you but they are out there.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:31 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your interested in ideas, our agency uses either Jeep Cherokees or Tahoes. They are divided between the driver/passenger compartment (dog sits behind the driver), and equipped with the roof top cooler. There should be a lot of support organizations, our dogs are donated I believe, as well as ballistic vests. I'll ask around.
Old 08-11-2003, 02:58 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

This sounds like a really terrific charity for us to get behind here at DTR.

Most of us will luckily never know the pain of a lost child or missing family member, but those unfortunate few who experience this heartbreaking tragedy, know well the importance of these trained dogs and the role they provide.

How many of us can forget the chilling pictures that came from the 9 11 tragedy, as these wonderful volunteers put their own lives in danger to try and locate buried survivors.

The hope one of these animals can bring to a mother and father, who's child has wandered off is completely above a monetary value of any kind.

These animals routinely give us a much needed service and taking the time now to send in a few dollars, can easily mean life or death for some poor soul.

Please take a moment to help in any way you can, that child or loved one you save, could be your own.

I hope the DTR chapters will get behind this as well, this is a cause that helps make a better future for everyone
Old 08-11-2003, 03:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For a short time we joined with the next town and ran a dog and I can tell you that it is an intensive and expensive situation. And like the rest of volunteer work it is somewhat thankless.