Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Fuel Tank Straps? (Custom fuel tank mounting)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 08:59 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Fuel Tank Straps? (Custom fuel tank mounting)

I bought a Duracraft 50 gallon fuel tank for my F350 dump truck and need to build a mounting system for it. I'm thinking of angle iron, forming a L shape, to hang off the frame and go under the tank, but I figure I need a have straps that hold the tank to the brackets. I have been searching the net for these and am not having much luck.
Does anyone know where I can get such straps, or have other mounting ideas for a round tank that will have to be mounted behind the cab, hanging outside the frame?
The tank is 22" in diameter, if I remember correctly.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 06-27-2008, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm, for mounting brackets it would be best if you get make something curved that is the same size/round of the tank. That way you could put a piece of fuel tank strap in between the tank and the mounts, allowing the tank will fit snug.

For straps going over the tank, make/buy straps that you use for fuel tanks/hydraulic tanks on heavy trucks. If you get these straps at least, you can make up the frame mounts for the tank.

Picture of the mounts I installed on a truck for a hydraulic tank. If you could buy/mack up something like that, it would be a lot better for the tank. And I would think that any truck stop/truck shop would carry fuel tank rubber strap.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:04 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah, that would be great. My problem has been finding them. I have not actually visited any truck shops/stops yet though.
I have also been unable to find any info about the tank manufacturer, even having the name and city for them, Dura-Craft.

Thanks,
Chris