Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Free Meal .....

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Free Meal .....

Supposed to be a free meal tonight (11/18/08) at all participating Golden Corral locations from 5-9 pm for ALL veterans !!!!

Pass the word to the vets in your address book .... and lets tie the feed bag on !!! :biggrin:

(I would recommend calling ahead to make sure your local one is actually participating tonight)

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 11-18-2008, 07:14 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
we dont have one but I will feed any vet any day.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:30 PM

All golden corral's do that every year as far as i know everywhere i've been stationed and a big thanks Ramlovingvet. That means more that you know
Old 11-19-2008, 05:16 AM

Well ... as usual, I was a day late & dollar short. The free meal was on MONDAY .... should'a seen that one coming .

But, since they went to all the trouble of stocking up the buffet bar ... I ate anyways . Gonna have to find a different one to go to ... even for free the food wouldn't have been worth it .

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 11-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Urban Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don’t matter what restaurant I’m in, hamburger joint or the best steak house in town US military in uniform does not pay a dime.
I ask the wait staff to have their (and their families) meal put on my check.
Seems the least I can do considering what they do for me .
Old 11-19-2008, 12:13 PM
DTR Mom

Wink

I do it for the WW2/korea guys...their pride and respect still show. free kiss on the cheek too, if they are alone.

i still argue with the marines being a good army MP gal....lol

viet nam vets look at me, and i nod thanks to them- silently, just the way it was meant to be. we are the generation that served with pride but not to be louder than those who went before us......

Pistol- being a spoiled navy grifter, there will never be any land lubber food better than your fare.....LOL heard from Davey lately? miss the young feller!

heidi
Old 11-19-2008, 04:54 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Hey Pistol...you ever get this way you got a free meal waiting on ya That goes for you too Heidi Opps I almost forgot Scott too!

I am real bad for picking up Military and Law Enforcement meal checks when I get the opportunity as well. I figure if I make their day with a free meal, they may remember that many of us appreciate the hard efforts they put out for us when the going gets a bit tough.

I can easily recall the days that I wondered why I was putting myself on the line, and a happy memory of someone showing me that my effort did not go un-noticed would make all the difference in the world
Old 11-19-2008, 05:05 PM

No ... haven't heard much from him lately. He keep's busy dishing out the slop to the kiddies as the "Lunch Laddie" (that one still keeps me in stitches).

Last night while I was eating, there was an old WWII navy vet at the table next to mine ... proudly wearing his Navy Veteran hat with all of his campaign ribbons on it and the insignia for his Airdale rate embroidered on his jacket.

We exchanged smiles as those who served often do, and I wanted to go over and shake his hand and thank him ... but settled for just sitting and watching him as he enjoyed a nice dinner with his young, great-grandkids.
He was pretty shakey and frail so I don't imagine there will be too many more golden opportunities for him ... and I wasn't about to disrupt that.

cheers,
PISTOL
Old 11-19-2008, 05:56 PM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by bigfoot
Don’t matter what restaurant I’m in, hamburger joint or the best steak house in town US military in uniform does not pay a dime.
I ask the wait staff to have their (and their families) meal put on my check.
Seems the least I can do considering what they do for me .
I'm right there with ya bigfoot. I'll buy ANY service member a beer, a supper, or hell, whatever they may need. Their debts can never be repaid. I owe each and every one of them far more than I could ever give out. Thanks to all of you. I'm buyin the beers next time ya'll stop in the valley of the sun.

Jb
Old 11-19-2008, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Hey Pistol...you ever get this way you got a free meal waiting on ya
I thank you sir .... and hope you know that is a two way street !! I never had time to stop and meet up with you when I was working in your area ... job had me hopping at the time. Sure is pretty country out there !!

I can easily recall the days that I wondered why I was putting myself on the line, and a happy memory of someone showing me that my effort did not go un-noticed would make all the difference in the world
I'd like to think that as Americans, we learned from the mistakes we made when our guys came home and let their sacrifices go unrewarded. I truly hope that we NEVER forget again !!

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 11-19-2008, 07:05 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey Pistol...you ever get this way you got a free meal waiting on ya That goes for you too Heidi Opps I almost forgot Scott too!

I am real bad for picking up Military and Law Enforcement meal checks when I get the opportunity as well. I figure if I make their day with a free meal, they may remember that many of us appreciate the hard efforts they put out for us when the going gets a bit tough.

I remember getting home from Desert Storm and going to lunch with my Mom. The Waitress bought my lunch. It was truly touching to have someone care that way.

Thanks for the offer Top if we ever get out east to visit the BHs aunt in Va we will swing by and take you up on the offer.