Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: Which DTR Forums do you use?? (multiple choice)
Emergency!
7.33%
HELP!
16.23%
Site suggestions, news, and comments (any)
7.33%
3rd Generation ram, years 2003 and up (any)
39.79%
2nd generation ram (any)
38.74%
1st gen ram - all topics
15.18%
General diesel discussion
41.36%
Fuels / Biodiesel/ fuel prices
16.23%
Competition/ Pulls / Offroad
16.23%
Offroad / 4x4
10.47%
Towing and Hauling / RV
32.98%
Natl. Regional Chapters / Special Events (main)
9.42%
Chapter sub - forums (any)
11.52%
Other
36.13%
Political Discussion
4.71%
DTR wiki
3.66%
All of DTR!! ( I go every were!!)
15.71%
Other ( had to throw it in just in case!)
4.71%
This is the dumbest poll I ever saw
17.28%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Which forums do you use on DTR???

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by chainzaw
Yeah it's pretty easy to become a DTR junkie! There should be a timer that counts down as soon as you log on. Once that timer reaches 0 you get booted off for the rest of the day. The debate is... what should the timer be? I think 5 hours is fair. What do you think?

I don't know, those of us without jobs, (like me) can spend up to 6-8 hours some days. Ya I know, I have no life, but hey why would I want to leave such a warm and inviting place were I can express my diesel-ness! I cant afford my truck, but I can sure talk about it!! And learn from so many other savvy folks!
Old 01-09-2008, 11:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm falling over dieing of laughter over here 'cause Larry (Top) voted that this was the dumbest poll ever ... sorry that's funny rite dem there
Old 01-10-2008, 12:52 AM

Cheers D-C for the dumbest poll!!
You will surely go down in DTR history!
Just playin
Old 01-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by 04ctd
how many posts till you feel like family?

LOL, felt like family before my first post.

I just want to be thought of more like the Professor than Gilligan when I post, here on Gilligan's island........

Old 01-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by DevilzTower
I'm falling over dieing of laughter over here 'cause Larry (Top) voted that this was the dumbest poll ever ... sorry that's funny rite dem there
Who Me?

The answer to this poll should be obvious to everyone....A guy who drives a 3rd gen will spend more time in that section. A guy who drives a 1st gen in that respective area and the same goes for the 2nd gen drivers.

Toss in a few variations for Chapter members, sledullers or drag racers and the other forum for all the stuff that really has nothing to do with this forum (kinda like this poll) and you have the mystery solved
Old 01-10-2008, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by 04ctd
how many posts till you feel like family?

Took about three for me - you guys saved my bacon with my first-ever diesel truck, and I have to say this is the MOST friendly, non-ouchy forum I've ever see. Great people, great moderators, great subject matter

Happy New Year!
Old 01-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Chapter President

Wink

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)

The answer to this poll should be obvious to everyone....A guy who drives a 3rd gen will spend more time in that section. A guy who drives a 1st gen in that respective area and the same goes for the 2nd gen drivers.

Toss in a few variations for Chapter members, sledullers or drag racers and the other forum for all the stuff that really has nothing to do with this forum (kinda like this poll) and you have the mystery solved

Well I'll concede your point. I am finding it quite interesting that the "other" and more general categories are receiving high marks almost to the point of overtaking the truck specific categories. Who would think that non CTD-Ram forums would produce so much traffic on a site dedicated to them. I have posted more on the other than any other forum my self. I guess its just the people who love CTD's, we are quite a unique bunch!

PS My poll may dumb but it sure is getting votes! Some of these polls die with pitiful numbers, get out the vote! Besides, I have nothing better to do.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:57 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
When I first log on, I always go to the "User CP" to check post that I have been involved with, then go to the "new Posts". Then I check the "Classifieds" and back to "New Post". By going to the "New Posts", I find I've been pretty much in all of the forums at one time or another.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:08 PM

....and I thought MY job was boring....
Old 01-10-2008, 04:22 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Originally Posted by xtoyz17
....and I thought MY job was boring....
In road construction, winter is always our "slow season". So it's not so much that my job is boring, as it's just..........slow right now...........
Old 01-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by dieselcarpenter
Who would think that non CTD-Ram forums would produce so much traffic on a site dedicated to them.
The answer is quite simple, and has been mentioned many time, even on this post.

This is not a Forum ( well, for the most part ), it is a FAMILY.

Thanks Lary!

Now, Y'all, lets pull up a chair and jaw awhile...........
Old 01-10-2008, 08:45 PM

D-C i'm glad you started this poll. It has given me a good laugh. Now i have to come up with a poll and see if the voting turn out can meet yours. And i will have "This is the bumbest poll" as an option.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Chapter President

Talking Bring it! Oh its already brung!!

Originally Posted by chainzaw
D-C i'm glad you started this poll. It has given me a good laugh. Now i have to come up with a poll and see if the voting turn out can meet yours. And i will have "This is the bumbest poll" as an option.

Bring it on!!!

PS - Hey chainzaw, your up in Redding and Nor-cal right? what do you do? We drive through there on our way up to Washington to visit some of the in-laws once in a while, went through back in Sept. Maybe well stop off and check out your rig one of these days! Who knows when we can afford the fuel next? PM me if you want or we can talk here, it'll keep it bumped to the top!
Old 01-10-2008, 11:29 PM

You know the heck of it D-C? I was just thinking of a good poll last weekend and now i can't remember it to save my life! Maybe i'll try to brainstorm something random and completely off the wall that people won't be able to resist the need to vote in my poll. I will hold you and the rest of DTR in suspense until my masterpiece is created.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:41 AM
Chapter President

Talking You? You fought with my Father in the "POLL WARS" ??

I am on the edge of my seat man! I am sure Top can't wait to vote!!

Maybe it could be along the lines of - "do you like gladiator movies?"

Quick Reply: Which forums do you use on DTR???