Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Be the first to own a 08' Dodge Challenger

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be the first to own a 08' Dodge Challenger

Did a search and didn't find a post on this..

I saw this on Edmunds while looking for a new car for the wife. Unfortunately this isn't it, but thought some of you might be interested..

good luck to all you bidders...

original article link here:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...cleId=122655#2

"AUBURN HILLS, Mich. — As part of the run-up to the worldwide debut of the 2008 Dodge Challenger at the Chicago auto show next February, Chrysler said on Monday it plans to auction off the first three new Challengers to come off the assembly line.

All three vehicles will be Street and Racing Technology (SRT) models. Each gets a Hemi Orange paint job, hood stripes, a 6.1-liter Hemi V8 and a five-speed automatic transmission with Autostick. All will get a numbered dash plaque to mark the occasion.

Proceeds from Dodge Challenger No. 1 will benefit notMYkid, an organization that tackles youth behavioral issues, including suicide, drug abuse, eating disorders and depression. Challenger No. 1 will be auctioned at the 37th annual Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction Event in Scottsdale, Arizona, January 12-20.

Proceeds from Dodge Challenger No. 2 will support the United Way of Southeastern Michigan through a private auction for Dodge dealers. That auction begins September 26.

A third auction will take place on eBay. Chrysler said details of the auction of Dodge Challenger No. 3 will be announced later.

"Consumers now have the opportunity to not only own the car of their dreams, but to help those in less fortunate circumstances as well," said Mike Accavitti, Dodge brand and SRT marketing director.

What this means to you: You get a chance to be one of the first to own the latest iteration of the legendary Detroit muscle car — and it's for a good cause."
Old 10-02-2007, 08:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Xonid
Did a search and didn't find a post on this..

I saw this on Edmunds while looking for a new car for the wife. Unfortunately this isn't it, but thought some of you might be interested..

good luck to all you bidders...

original article link here:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...cleId=122655#2

"AUBURN HILLS, Mich. — As part of the run-up to the worldwide debut of the 2008 Dodge Challenger at the Chicago auto show next February, Chrysler said on Monday it plans to auction off the first three new Challengers to come off the assembly line.

All three vehicles will be Street and Racing Technology (SRT) models. Each gets a Hemi Orange paint job, hood stripes, a 6.1-liter Hemi V8 and a five-speed automatic transmission with Autostick. All will get a numbered dash plaque to mark the occasion.

Proceeds from Dodge Challenger No. 1 will benefit notMYkid, an organization that tackles youth behavioral issues, including suicide, drug abuse, eating disorders and depression. Challenger No. 1 will be auctioned at the 37th annual Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction Event in Scottsdale, Arizona, January 12-20.

Proceeds from Dodge Challenger No. 2 will support the United Way of Southeastern Michigan through a private auction for Dodge dealers. That auction begins September 26.

A third auction will take place on eBay. Chrysler said details of the auction of Dodge Challenger No. 3 will be announced later.

"Consumers now have the opportunity to not only own the car of their dreams, but to help those in less fortunate circumstances as well," said Mike Accavitti, Dodge brand and SRT marketing director.

What this means to you: You get a chance to be one of the first to own the latest iteration of the legendary Detroit muscle car — and it's for a good cause."
Since the money gets donated, I wonder if you could write it off on your taxes??? Cool car but I'll have to wait until my lottery #'s come in or find out a way crap money.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
AUTOMATICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grr, they had BETTER GET THE STICK GOING!

I am not buying a stinking AUTOMATIC!
Old 10-02-2007, 12:25 PM

Typically you could write-off the portion that the car wasn't worth. So if you pay 101k, and the car's sticker was 50k, you would write off 51k. Not in this lifetime for me, but that is one sweet car!
Old 10-03-2007, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by patdaly

bless you. who the heck would buy a hot rod with a slush box. it kinda ruins it
Old 10-03-2007, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by patdaly

I like guys who think like this! Not because sticks are cool, but because a well prepped automatic will kick the crashbox's butt, every time. So I win and don't need to stir my own tranny!
Old 10-04-2007, 01:11 AM

the new challenger..very nice indeed
Old 10-04-2007, 04:19 AM

at least it is not a 4 door
Old 10-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by greatwhite
I like guys who think like this! Not because sticks are cool, but because a well prepped automatic will kick the crashbox's butt, every time. So I win and don't need to stir my own tranny!
First, to each his own. Second, back in the day we had several who would have just loved to race you. Since they don't make a real stick any longer, at least in a production chassis, our racing technique would kill that T56 in a heartbeat.

In the end one should never forget, when you think you are the best, someone always seems to be there to confound you.

Personally, I still won't buy a Challenger without 3 pedals......
Old 10-04-2007, 01:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
That Challenger makes me lust.

I'd take one with a 4-banger and automatic.

jh
Old 10-04-2007, 01:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good lord i want that car but will wait till they hit the "previously loved" market....
Old 10-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by HOHN
That Challenger makes me lust.

I'd take one with a 4-banger and automatic.

jh
So would I, so long as they still make 426 Hemi crate engines and A-833's still exist.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
NO joke. I'm thinking a twin turbo Indy-built 572

1800hp on pump 91 sounds good to me!
Old 10-04-2007, 10:36 PM

I do SOOOO badly want one of these new Challengers!

Back in the day, I had a '71 Roadrunner. 340, auto. Used to eat 4 speeds alive. Camaros, Firebirds, even (gasp) Cudas and Challengers. Chevelles, Goats. Big blocks and small blocks.

About 4 out of every hundred gear pullers are actually capable of pulling gears. I'll take my chances. If you are one of those 4, kudos to you! If you only think you are one of those 4, well, guys like that paid my rent every month from May til Oct.

That said, I've got no knock on a stick, 'cause it's cool to stir your own. But if it's consistent runs, and low e.t.s you're looking for, go auto.

If you don't believe me, go check out the "Pure Stock Drags" results!

P.S.: When the last brand new Challenger came out in 1970, I was 14. Went to the dealership and got a brochure. Read it over and over and over! Checked the options I was gonna put in mine. Short list was; Ultraviolet R/T white interior, 440 Six Pack, 4 Speed.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Administrator

LOL, No arguments White, I cringe whenever I see most people shift. Was taught by a street racer in a 57 Ford stuffed full of a sideoiler and toploader.

Been a few years, but I bet I could still run .501-.505 lights and run within a hundreth........ Given my car and setup.

Shifting is almost a lost art, you would be surprised at how many people think a 4 speed should sound like a 4 speed.....

Quick Reply: Be the first to own a 08' Dodge Challenger