Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR's HOLIDAY BREAKROOM***11/18-11/25/07

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 11:13 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Ouch! Wal Mart was lookin' better than the Bills....

oh man, they must have had high school players still on the field..that was painful to watch! 1988, I saw Frank Reich overcome a 30 point deficit against Houston too....needed some DTR normalcy before i head off to bed...

then I read 'shrimp and grits'...... spent time in Fort Jackson where you HAD to eat them everyday; but nobody ever made us eat that. never did them with sugar either; but shrimp deserve better than that... guess i'll stick to being a Northerner. I even ate alligator....eek. just can't get into that ..

Monday!! yee haw (not really) but I thought you guys would get fired up if there was pancakes, maple syrup amber (sweeter), pan fried spiced sausage with scrambled eggs (not for you CHAIKWA- french toast goes your way) Amish thick cut peppered bacon (think jerky) and the DTR mother of all trucker coffee to wash it down or jump start your day......

I have four meetings and I don't know why....

Heidi unable to hide in NY
Old 11-19-2007, 01:06 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gotta love Kansas!! This is from the NWS website, our weather forecast for the next couple days…
In the 70’s and then snow….its gonna be a screwy winter..

Monday: Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 75. Breezy, with a south wind between 10 and 20 mph.
Tuesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 73. Breezy, with a south wind 15 to 20 mph becoming west. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph
Wednesday: A chance of rain, mixing with snow after noon. Mostly cloudy and breezy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:41 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
High near 73... then snow... Nope. I like SC for this time of year!

Coffee, foo, tea, and pink sprinkely things are out. Slim-fast on ice, ready for Cin...

Good day today, (that's a perdiction...)
Hope everyone has a good one!
Old 11-19-2007, 06:07 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Headed to the range today. Got 30 odd REMF's to get qualified on the alt C course. For most people, a couple of hours, including the weapons cleaning, should do. With this bunch, hopefully by dark. They spend too much time
1. keeping their berets smoothed out because of the humidity
2. whining because their starch creases get ruffled
3. whining even more because they actually have to get down in the prone position to fire
I hate these kind of days
Heidi, granite will go through a rapid catastropic disassembly when subjected directly to high heat.

Shortround out
Old 11-19-2007, 06:14 AM

Morning folks...

Woke up on this side of the dirt, it's gonna be a good day..

Off to find the
Old 11-19-2007, 06:18 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Lots to do today.
I'm supposed to be on leave this week.
Wifey's Boss changed her plans on Thursday....so here I am.
Thank goodness it's gonna be a short week.

Coffee cup's almost empty........gotta run.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:34 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shortround
2. whining because their starch creases get ruffled
I HATE when that happens! I can't count the number of times I've said, "If it weren't for these ruffled starch creases, this woulda been a good day!"

Yesterday was a cluster... ev'ryone around here thinks that Exmark makes the best commercial mower that money can buy. I beg to differ! Went and flipped the switch for the electric clutch to engage the mower deck and nuttin' happened. Exmark, in their ultimate wisdom, decided that they didn't need to securely mount the clultch to anything. No, this would mean drilling at least 3 holes! That costs money! So they use a piece of rubber strap instead! And besides, the holes in the rubber strap will wear out and cause the clutch to spin with the motor, thus rippin' the wires outta the clutch in the process, thus makin' the customer buy a new clutch ev'ry 2 or 3 years. IDIOTS! Ok, I'm done.

Back to finishing the 5 acres of leaves before it snows on Thursday!

chaikwa.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:26 AM

Mornin' all,
Houston: Fog 61°F (16°C) Humidity:97 %Wind Speed:NE 3 MPH Barometer: 30.18" (1021.8 mb) Dewpoint: 60°F (16°C)Visibility: 0.25 mi.

Don't know what this day will bring. Shirley has been working hard on school, as a lot of catching up to do.

Getting ready for turkey day.

Later,
Have a good un and be safe out there.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Howdy folks glad to be back at work doing nothing. Spent the weekend at the FIL house digging up his meter can and digging new water lines to install hydrants and a new septic tank with a gutless Baby trackhoe. He just had prostrate surgery so I was glad to help out but man am I sore not used to all that manual labor. Guess this stupid office is really makin me soft. Oh well glad to be back sounds like everyone faired well over the weekends you all have a great day.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:51 AM

Chris thats a nice looking filly you got there. Sorry but I had to curb wifes enthusiasm, yea I'm the bad guy. Have to get her to ride the two she has now a little more. She would have a hundred around here if it were possible. They just don't seem to feed themselves, I can't understand that??
Thats some kind of crazy weather you're getting there.

Davey stay home till that fog burns off. 1/4 mile isn't far enough when your going 60-75mph.

Scott thats their built in maintenance schedule.

Rice cakes and tofu for the guy with the chins. I love it.

Daughter did really well on Saturday. 2nd Dan now, she is the one on the right. Instructor in suit and his wife, the rest are people in the club. Stills didn't turn out that well so I was going to try and pull some pics off the video if I can. note to self ...Christmas present for wife, course on using camera

Everyone have a good day, have fun and drive safe.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:12 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by butchera
Morning folks...

Woke up on this side of the dirt, it's gonna be a good day..

Off to find the
Ya know, lately which side of the dirt I wake up on doesn't matter as much as which side of the world I wake up on...

Im home, even answering emails isn't so bad...
Old 11-19-2007, 11:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by l jobb
Instructor in suit and his wife,
note to self ...Instructor is nerd

why is he trying to pull off a Seinfeld, with the suit & tenny shoes?

Swiss Army Knife with built in USB Memory

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...e&sName=Knives
Old 11-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Afternoon, senior...
Old 11-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Afternoon gang, foo is hot and good - - nice going. Sounds like everyone is normal.

Been busy as a bee with meetings and dinners and meetings and luncheons. Gonna go burn some worms this afternoon - - gotta keep them webs outa them spiked shoes somehow. Looks like a good day for it - - see how many dollars I can leave in the woods and the water holes.

OK, I'm off for some fun.

TigerBob
Old 11-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Thanks Hat!!!!

Quick Reply: DTR's HOLIDAY BREAKROOM***11/18-11/25/07