Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR "The Last Breakroom of 2010"

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 11:31 AM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Oops, my sincere apologies. I had overlooked the need for you rotund fellas to maintain the state of your rotundiness. Here, have have a jelly filled donut (or 2 or 3) to help maintain your shape. Round is a shape, isn't it?
Thank you Stan. Much better now.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:58 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FO - yep get to clean up (an stay clean), but still on location. But now i get to fly.

Mad - Yep, definitely want the change. Not more money right now but WAY more opportunity...

Gotta go to Houston in a week. Only bad part is I have to convince Bla to come up so I can pester him in person. The power of deceitful thinking. Works every time < evil laugh >
Old 12-26-2010, 01:05 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by wyododge
FO - yep get to clean up (an stay clean), but still on location. But now i get to fly.

Mad - Yep, definitely want the change. Not more money right now but WAY more opportunity...

Gotta go to Houston in a week. Only bad part is I have to convince Bla to come up so I can pester him in person. The power of deceitful thinking. Works every time < evil laugh >
congrats... going global or just no time to drive?
Old 12-26-2010, 01:21 PM

Afternoon y'all .... sunny but brisk day in Houston.
Got our 4 year old his bike riding lesson in for the day. "So many things to think about at once ... and then there is the occasional squirrel or dog running by to distract me ... and the ditch to crash in ... which way do I pedal again ?? .... dang bike won't work ... there we go, got it ... hello dog ... whoa there's the dang ditch again .... stupid dog get outta the way !!!"

Ahhh ... thank God for hot chocolate and turkey sammiches !!

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 12-26-2010, 02:46 PM

Pumpkin fudge........ very interesting.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
congrats... going global or just no time to drive?
Thanks,

Probably not Global to start. I will most likely still work on rigs in NoDak, but may end up in Texas. They just choose to fly their people to location. Less time lost to the road that way I guess. One thing for sure, I ain't gonna complain about missing those 19 hour drives through blizzards, Ice and 9000 MPH winds up here...

Hey Pistol,

If memory serves... This is a very special Christmas for you. How did it go??
Old 12-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings. I trust that everyone has enjoyed the Holidays.

My brother who is here from Houston showed up with a -100F rated parka and -100F Sorel's and he is sitting out on the patio in his street shoes and light coat as its 30F here right now. Soon we are getting a dump of snow with high winds. 8-12" of it or more is forecast for the 30th.

Its been a decent year in spite of some of the physical hurdles I have encountered. Its all good in the big picture.

All the best for all in 2011.

Scotty
Old 12-26-2010, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Its all good in the big picture.
That's really all that matters isn't it?

Good to hear Scotty!
Old 12-26-2010, 04:42 PM

Thanks,

Probably not Global to start. I will most likely still work on rigs in NoDak, but may end up in Texas. They just choose to fly their people to location. Less time lost to the road that way I guess. One thing for sure, I ain't gonna complain about missing those 19 hour drives through blizzards, Ice and 9000 MPH winds up here...

Hey Pistol,

If memory serves... This is a very special Christmas for you. How did it go??
Your just gonna be driving it in rental cars now...
last time I was in Rock springs, Wyoming, I got flown into Salt Lake City.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
Your just gonna be driving it in rental cars now...
last time I was in Rock springs, Wyoming, I got flown into Salt Lake City.
Actually they have a company truck or suburban at every location. And yes I will have to drive to and from the airport, but a one or two hour drive to the airport beats and 8 1/2 to 10 hour drive from home and back any day, especially in the winter. And I wont be putting miles and wear on my truck. I also wont have to leave a day or two early to ensure I get to location in the event that a storm is coming.

The best part is the airport in my little town is only 10 minutes away.

Although in the summer time, I will probably drive from time to time just to get the ol out and stretch her LEGGS now and then...
Old 12-26-2010, 06:24 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Actually they have a company truck or suburban at every location. And yes I will have to drive to and from the airport, but a one or two hour drive to the airport beats and 8 1/2 to 10 hour drive from home and back any day, especially in the winter. And I wont be putting miles and wear on my truck. I also wont have to leave a day or two early to ensure I get to location in the event that a storm is coming.

Although in the summer time, I will probably drive from time to time just to get the ol out and stretch her LEGGS now and then...
Somebody say LEGGS?

Old 12-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Evenin.

Just got all the Christmas decorations down and put away, tree is beside the fire pit waiting for next weekend...

All the lights are down, I'm a happy camper. Finished cleaning up all the mess and trash, the back of the truck is almost level with crap. I'm a good tree hugging guy, I separated it for recycling.

Gonna jump in the hot tub with the ol for a minute, then relax.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Evening gents.

At work for the night, been snowing like crazy, supposed to get around 18" but they keep upping the count so we will see in the morning.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:02 PM

and you will figure out when and where you wanna drive.
If its under 8 hours, I get the option of driving. For me to go to houston, its 45 minutes to the airport, 45 minutes thru security and waiting on the plane, hour flight to dallas, 2 hour layover, hour to hobby, hour or so across houston to the office. or 7 hours to drive from my house to the houston office.
I then have everything I need, plus just banked about $300 after fuel and maintenance.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:09 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by madhat
Just got all the Christmas decorations down and put away,
What are you trying to do, get the rest of us in trouble? Decorations dont get put away until at least a week after New Years (and thats still too early). You are going to make the rest of us look lazy.
Finally got my computer working again. Threatining to shoot it seems to have worked.
Gonna go to the old folks place again to see what else they have cooked up (hoping for more pecan pie).

Quick Reply: DTR "The Last Breakroom of 2010"