Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Dtr gold rush break room 12/30 1/5

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark
Was that a compliment or an insult?
I dunno... YOU decide!

Originally Posted by FiverBob
I gotta go to bed and get my beauty rest...
You'll hafta do more than go to bed early!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:00 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
cousin had blue mountain coffee? wow, good stuff- no cream or sugar needed.
blue mountain coffeee???? I have green mountain in my keurig..

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
dream is to visit France, italy, Germany and eat/drink in the bistros and vsiit museums. 400 years of coffee, they know what they are doing...

Fronty already had that life, heheh on all his business trips. so listen to DTR's culinary expert of international affairs...
Cant say I recall any 400 year old coffee shops... I remember one or two bars from the 16th century.. and Broyhanhaus in Germany...
I believe that if we began executing one congressman a day they would get the job done in a hurry. If not, its still a win-win idea.
I think we need to start with informed voters, not people who vote for who ever has the most ads.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Good evening all y'all (I am doing my best to sound Texan, since Shorts has been MIA for a while). Today was fun, I found the problem with the nieces' quad, we stuffed 10 lbs of hickory flavored pepperoni sticks (Bark, you REALLY need to get on with this sausage making thing), they will get cooked tomorrow and now dough is rising for pizza for supper. I like my pizza fairly traditional and DW likes hers with garlic chili oil instead of red sauce. We are going to have enough garlic tonite that it is good for the rest of you that we only converse over the interweb. Prolly need a double dose of mouthwash in the morning.

Have a safe evening all, I am sure I will check in later.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:00 PM

Dallas got a bit of snow, she's prolly still in her hiddy hole..
Old 12-30-2012, 08:35 PM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Good evening all y'all
Well howdy to you too!! Didn't that make you feel good?
Old 12-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings. Still in one piece. A bit frustrated with the whaaaa whaaaa discomfort but I've had worse.
I'm thinkin I'll not post on here til next year.

And now for my next rhyme.

Bobby loves his Phoo Goo but smells like doo doo.

Go Go Bobby Speedo!

I need sleep. Its gettin too deep.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:02 PM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Wheww!!!!!! Scotty, just how cold is it outside anyways?? That was borderline RANDOM.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:06 PM

My oldest son got home from meeting his girlfriends parents. He described her dad to me as "intimidating, just like you". Now there are a few people that have intimidated me over the years, girlfriend parents have not been on that list.
I have never thought of myself as intimidating. The kids know what I expect, I dont have to yell at them to get my point across.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by jhenson
Well howdy to you too!! Didn't that make you feel good?
Howdly, hoedely neighbor (said in my best Ned Flanders voice).
Old 12-30-2012, 09:26 PM

Fronty,
I think I am the biggest softie around BUT I am 6'7", tip the scales about 230lbs and have a voice of about the same timbre as Darth Vader. I went to University to be a teacher. I have been told by more than a few of my Co-Op students that I would have made a good High School Principal. I don't usually have to raise my voice with my employees, nieces or 4H members. You and I would probably get along just fine.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
My oldest son got home from meeting his girlfriends parents. He described her dad to me as "intimidating, just like you". Now there are a few people that have intimidated me over the years, girlfriend parents have not been on that list.
I have never thought of myself as intimidating. The kids know what I expect, I dont have to yell at them to get my point across.
I have a friend who at one time stopped to pick up his girlfriend and her dad had his pistols out cleaning them. He sat down and stripped, cleaned, and reassembled one, faster than her dad could.

I think we need to start with informed voters, not people who vote for who ever has the most ads.
Wouldn't it be better to start with the uninformed voters? Or one uninformed voter and one congressman a day?

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Wow, it's cold outside - - down to 50 and heading to 43 tonight. Orchids get another night inside - - they are going to get spoiled and not want to go out and play.
43? Wow, sounds like a heat wave. Probably have us running around in t-shirts.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:29 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Bark, you REALLY need to get on with this sausage making thing
Next week Im going to order those two books we talked about so they will be here when I get back.

FiverBob stirred the pot than went to bed. Almost as bad as Mexstan.

Originally Posted by Scotty
I need sleep. Its gettin too deep.
If you need to sleep try counting some sheep (doesn't work for chaikwa though, gets him all worked up).
~
Old 12-30-2012, 09:34 PM

If you need to sleep try counting some sheep (doesn't work for chaikwa though, gets him all worked up).
~
I'm not gonna worry about him unless he has knee boots and velcro gloves.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:39 PM

Holy cow, I just noticed in the 'Salt States' thread that Lary (Top) is back. There are a bunch of you who better clean up their acts.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:56 PM

Fronty,
I think I am the biggest softie around BUT I am 6'7", tip the scales about 230lbs and have a voice of about the same timbre as Darth Vader. I went to University to be a teacher. I have been told by more than a few of my Co-Op students that I would have made a good High School Principal. I don't usually have to raise my voice with my employees, nieces or 4H members. You and I would probably get along just fine.
Probably... I seem to get along with most people that aren't excessively stupid or loud.
If you take a trip over to the physics department and dont leave feeling like you need a drink after some of their jokes, you'd do ok...
Holy cow, I just noticed in the 'Salt States' thread that Lary (Top) is back. There are a bunch of you who better clean up their acts.
pfffft... why start now? If he's a half way decent boss, he knows whats happening. If he don't know, i'll have to go pee on his truck tires again....

Quick Reply: Dtr gold rush break room 12/30 1/5