Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR Christmas Breakroom: Don’t drink the coffee until it thins out!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Oh, yeah... Turkey and water...
Old 12-20-2010, 12:12 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
This is a photo of Madhat's Cat we took the last time he mentioned giving him a bath and a haircut...... He camouflaged himself and hid in a tree
Dang put a Smokey Bear hat on that cat and it would look like one of our DTR members.
Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
$2000 better come with its own bistro...
You would think. I gotta admit, with a push of a button it makes pretty good coffee. It also makes espresso and stuff with steamed milk. The friends who own it also have some other really cool toys (and guns).
Old 12-20-2010, 12:31 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
mmmmmm rabbit. Its been awhile since I had some roasted rabbit. Might just have to go out by the lake and get a few bunnies.
I like to season them up and roast them real slow with a few onions.

I/we need to plan a trip at the end of Feb...looking at heading to Sedona for a few days. Might even get over to Anaheim. Not sure if we will get as far south as Yuma. Maybe...and then I can get some camo gear in 'my size'.

Its been some long hard days at work here. Just finished the last of it. All I have left is two days of training on Weds and Thurs. Woo Hoo!

mmmmmmmm rabbit
Old 12-20-2010, 01:10 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by Scotty
I like to season them up and roast them real slow with a few onions.
plan a trip at the end of Feb...looking at heading to Sedona for a few days. Might even get over to Anaheim. Not sure if we will get as far south as Yuma.
Yeah, we like a quick browning than its gotta be cooked slow. If things go right, wife and I will be in AZ the end of January. Gotta get her diabetes straightened out first. She went type one awhile back, doesn’t like the four shots a day but is doing pretty well.
We are looking forward to getting out of the snow.

Speaking of Cats: http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE6BG58D20101217
Old 12-20-2010, 06:22 AM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Mornin' All!

Up early. Couldn't sleep. Might have to do with Mama's knee swiftly finding my rib cage whenever it feels like. I'm sure she'd disagree but at this point, it was safer to crawl outta bed and take my chances with the leftover donuts in here.....

Coffee is in the bucket hanging over the fire pit......
Old 12-20-2010, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
I like dunkin' Donuts coffee. Its one of the better coffee's I found to run in my Keurig.
I'm running what's left of a can of Folgers through mine. I really like DD coffee, can't wait to brew some.

When my wife bought the machine, it came with a nice big variety pack of the K-cups. The "Donut Shop" tastes very similar to DD. Tully's french roast, and Newman Own bold are pretty good too.

Yikes, $2000 for a coffee machine !?!
Old 12-20-2010, 07:47 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

You guys would be making me hungry, but I'm still stuffed from last night. One of the old timers (retired from fisher body 25 years a go) I chat with in town invited me over for sunday dinner. Venison roast, with home grown potatoes and carrots. Mushroom gravy made from stumpy mushrooms taken around the area. Homemade wine (grape).

Found a bad leak on the bottom of my outdoor boiler. Got a temporary patch on it now. Looks like the nub on the bottom of the rear of the firebox, used to keep the firbox up level and suspended in the tank until welding, has wore through the bottom. Must be from all the expansion and contraction over the years. Gotta picka day to shut it down and drain it to weld a pice of plate to the bottom.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
Come on... I'd stroke your fur...

Morning all.

Today is Monday, December 20th. 4 days and 15 hours left.

On this day in 1606 - The "Susan Constant," "Godspeed" and "Discovery" set sail from London. Their landing at Jamestown, VA, was the start of the first permanent English settlement in America.

1790 - The first successful cotton mill in the United States began operating at Pawtucket, RI.

1803 - The United States Senate ratified a treaty that included the Louisiana Territories from France for $15 million. The transfer was completed with formal ceremonies in New Orleans.

1820 - The state of Missouri enacted legislation to tax bachelors between the ages of 21-50 for being unmarried. The tax was $1 a year.

1860 - South Carolina became the first state to secede from the American Union.

1864 - Confederate forces evacuated Savannah, GA as Union Gen. William T. Sherman continued his "March to the Sea."

1879 - Thomas A. Edison privately demonstrated his incandescent light at Menlo Park, NJ.

1880 - New York's Broadway became known as the "Great White Way" when it was lighted by electricity.

1892 - Alexander T. Brown and George Stillman patented the pneumatic tire.

1928 - Mail delivery by dog sled began in Lewiston, ME.

1946 - The Frank Capra film "It's A Wonderful Life" had a preview showing for charity at New York City's Globe Theatre, a day before its "official" world premiere. James Stewart and Donna Reed star in the film.

1946 - In Indochina (Vietnam), full-scale guerrilla warfare between Vietnam partisans and French troops began.

1954 - Buick Motor Company signed Jackie Gleason to one of the largest contracts ever entered into with an entertainer. Gleason agreed to produce 78 half-hour shows over a two-year period for $6,142,500.

1963 - The Berlin Wall was opened for the first time to West Berliners. It was only for the holiday season. It closed again on January 6, 1964.

1989 - General Noriega, Panama's former dictator, was overthrown by a United States invasion force invited by the new civilian government. The project was known as Operation Just Cause.

1999 - The Vermont Supreme Court ruled that homosexual couples were entitled to the same benefits and protections as wedded couples of the opposite sex.

2001 - The U.S. Congress passed a $20 billion package to finance the war against terrorism taking place in Afghanistan.

2001 - The first British peacekeepers arrived in Afghanistan to help the nation heal after decades of war.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
If every day is a gift, does Monday come with a gift receipt so I can exchange it for a Saturday??

Coffee is ready, willing and able. Ph00 is... well, ph00.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:03 AM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Mornin all,

Been away for a while.

Don, all I got to say is Ughh!!!

Supposedly gonna get a good snow storm here in lovely ND today and tomorrow. Wouldn't be all that bad if the wind would calm down. The door to the trailer leaks and we have to shovel snow back outside all the time. I guess it keeps us moving though.

We finally convinced the tool pusher to let us take down Old Glory, and replace her. She is flying high above the wind walls proud as the night is long. Our driller said he would take the old girl to the VFW to be put to rest. There are still a few old WWII vets around here, and they REALLY appreciate the younger generations taking care of things like that. Amazing how such a small (but important) task can bring joy and thanks to our hero's. If Only, If Only...

Merry Christmas, and God Bless.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:42 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Originally Posted by Bark
Dang put a Smokey Bear hat on that cat and it would look like one of our DTR members.
Hope you're not talking about me...

Originally Posted by Scotty
I/we need to plan a trip at the end of Feb...looking at heading to Sedona for a few days. Might even get over to Anaheim. Not sure if we will get as far south as Yuma. Maybe...and then I can get some camo gear in 'my size'.
Dog, I'd have to special order that stuff... It's gonna be about 80-90 bucks for a top and bottom... get with me, we can work something.

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Oh, come on!!!

Mornin. At work, got to rescue a fellow Marine on the way to work this morning, his poor little truck ran out of gas... I towed it over to the gas station for him... he was trying to push it uphill... that was not working very well for him...

Ok, back to work. Short week, we get out Wednesday afternoon. :0
Old 12-20-2010, 08:55 AM

Location: Then, raised central PA; Now where ever Uncle Sam sends me.
Its been late mornings and early evenings for me... Been on leave since the 10th not going back till the 5th. Even then I am just going back to shoot Far East Division Match. So that be another skate two weeks, just hoping to do well enough to leave Oki again and come back to the states to shoot Marine Corps matches. If that dont pan out then it will be back to earlier mornings and late nights cause I have get an Egamication from the Staff Academy. LOL But that wont be till April.. Going to enjoy the next couple weeks...LOL
Bad part is I can keep in bed late, the brains auto alarm gets me out by 0530 anyways...
Oh well, chase the wife and catch the dog... Enough some Fox n Friends..
Old 12-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Dog, I'd have to special order that stuff... It's gonna be about 80-90 bucks for a top and bottom... get with me, we can work something.

I will let you know if the date is for sure. If not I may get this done with you and sent to my PO box in the new year...I have a state side PO box and a friend that can pick it up as he is only 5 min from the town where we get our deliveries.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Sounds like a winner. I just need measurements, I'll let you know which ones.

No, not that one, pervert.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Yeah... I can see him still. Must have been taught cover and concealment by the Army... :0
Why Staff Sgt I am shocked that you do not recognize that cat to be one of your own........ Surely you have seen that face enough to know what it means?

" oh crap, here comes that CRAZY Green Belt again "

Besides if it were indeed an Army cat, he too would take refuge on the high ground but with a different purpose in mind as he waited for you to step out of your vehicle.........
Attached Thumbnails -little-chunk.jpg  
Old 12-20-2010, 04:02 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

I always envisioned a cat fight as something else...

Quick Reply: DTR Christmas Breakroom: Don’t drink the coffee until it thins out!