Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR breakroom May 7 - 12

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 07:36 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
DTR breakroom May 7 - 12

Good morning from Paradise where yet another boringly beauuuutiful day is dawning.

What is happening to the DTR breakroom? It appears to be falling apart. Looks like the newbies don't enjoy participating in the variety of activities that occur here. Strange because I see that there are many readers, but no participation.

Made a small pot of coffee and ph00. Not going to bother with food 'cuz who will be around to enjoy it? Petted and fed the dragon. Took it for a walk around the block. It's fast because before I could do anything it ate two of the neighborhood dogs. I know nothiiiinnnngggg!!!!!

Just for kicks, will bring up a subject for y'all to maybe talk about. I know that the DTR members have a wide age range, from teenagers to old farts, so are any of you part of the the next worst generation? Are old farts considered a generation?
ProgressVideo.TV: The Next Worst Generation | Bryan Yackulic | TEDxDover via TEDx
Old 05-08-2018, 07:36 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
I agree with his words at 2:00 mark.

They're lazy,entitled, narcissistic, addicted to their phones, want a trophy, .... yada, yada, offended by everything... I don't go to Applebees, so I really don't get that anyway.

My experience is that a very large proportion of these "millennials" are exactly that. Since it's a not a good idea to brush everyone in that age group with the same broad description, then I will say that this doesn't apply to all of them, as it's no different to say that "all black people are bad" or "all white people who live in trailers are trash".

What I personally like to do is treat everyone the same, initially with respect. When I receive their response, if it's reflective of reciprocal respect, then the interaction continues, otherwise, I walk and move on to the next task. I don't care what you look like, color, size, shape or any other physical attribute that you possess. It's your reactions, or your actions that I examine, and use as a gauge for what or whom you are.

I've opened the door, (here in the third most negative state in the union), for many people when walking into, or out of a store. I've had the "millennial" response from young people, middle aged people and even people that fit the octogenarian category. If you suck, it's relatively easy to discern it from the first interaction with you. It doesn't matter your age. What matters is how your parents have instilled (or have failed to instill) proper Etiquette . If you deserve my attention, you will respond courteously, and will receive the appropriate re-sponse, otherwise you're dead to me.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:07 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman
I agree with his words at 2:00 mark.

They're lazy,entitled, narcissistic, addicted to their phones, want a trophy, .... yada, yada, offended by everything... I don't go to Applebees, so I really don't get that anyway.

My experience is that a very large proportion of these "millennials" are exactly that. Since it's a not a good idea to brush everyone in that age group with the same broad description, then I will say that this doesn't apply to all of them, as it's no different to say that "all black people are bad" or "all white people who live in trailers are trash".

What I personally like to do is treat everyone the same, initially with respect. When I receive their response, if it's reflective of reciprocal respect, then the interaction continues, otherwise, I walk and move on to the next task. I don't care what you look like, color, size, shape or any other physical attribute that you possess. It's your reactions, or your actions that I examine, and use as a gauge for what or whom you are.

I've opened the door, (here in the third most negative state in the union), for many people when walking into, or out of a store. I've had the "millennial" response from young people, middle aged people and even people that fit the octogenarian category. If you suck, it's relatively easy to discern it from the first interaction with you. It doesn't matter your age. What matters is how your parents have instilled (or have failed to instill) proper Etiquette . If you deserve my attention, you will respond courteously, and will receive the appropriate re-sponse, otherwise you're dead to me.
I wish you would quit beating around the bush and tell us how you REALLY feel
Old 05-08-2018, 05:15 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hi gang - - well, not a gang, just three of you. Ph00 pot was on the floor and spilled but licked up. No one bothered to give the dragon some ph00 - - he/she loves it. ...........................................but, t00 late to make some now. Just got in from working at the other house most of the day. Finally got my screen door - - Lowes salesperson forgot to order it - - - DUH - - but another store had one. So now I get to shorten it and install it, fix some mica on a cabinet, paint the driveway, carpets getting shampooed Thursday. Getting close. Whew.............

Tired and have not eaten much since breakfast. Go see what the blonde can fix up for me. Y'all be good.
Old 05-08-2018, 07:14 PM

I see you guys have mentioned the "dragon" several times. I just want to know what the hell my wife has to do anything on dtr???

Old 05-08-2018, 09:31 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by NJTman
I see you guys have mentioned the "dragon" several times. I just want to know what the hell my wife has to do anything on dtr???

Just so you know.....we are NOT pulling her off you!
Old 05-10-2018, 04:11 PM

Gee, no one been around for two days. No ph00. No goodies. Got the carpet cleaning done at the other house and brought them to mine also. Needed some dressing up. Getting close to lock the door and hand the key to the realtor. Whew.

Be good.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:45 PM

Hey fellas. Picked up some beer, threw it,in the,fridge, and ready for,the taking. I'm not saying what brand it us, as we don't need no flame wars over what,is,real beer, or good beer, vs crap beer. Its whatever you like it to be, as I've spiked it with mescaline, and it won't matter after your first drink..

Lol
Old 05-11-2018, 08:52 AM

Phew! That was a night to remember.......or not remember.

Drank one beer, and I woke up in my dump trailer staring at the sky????

No more mesc flavored beer for me

Fresh donuts, coffee, and aspirin on the table.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:07 AM

Good morning - - gorgeous morning down here. Yummy. Perchance someone comes by, I put on fresh coffee and ph00 (almond today) along with an assortment of cookies. Enjoy,

Bob
Old 05-11-2018, 06:46 PM

Oh well, just warm it up and drink it all myself and take the cookies back and have a neighborhood party.

Old 05-11-2018, 07:02 PM
Admin Team Leader

Who took all the cookies?
Old 05-12-2018, 06:36 AM

Hey - -I was afraid they would stale and then all we would hear is complaining. So, took them back home and had a pool party last night with the neighbors. Took the dragon with me and let him/her swim a bit in the pool (after we were done - - .), then brought him/her back here. Was not happy to be left alone again, but he/she had fun meeting everyone and splashing around.

L8R
Old 05-12-2018, 11:20 AM
Admin Team Leader

Man that dragon has more fun than I do!
Old 05-12-2018, 11:24 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
More rain. Spent most of yesterday at the dentist's office. Had a tooth decide to give me pain. Root canal and crown scheduled for next Friday.

Quick Reply: DTR breakroom May 7 - 12