Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR #2 only Breakroom 070923-070929

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 10:55 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Freedom is so close, yet so far... I'm gonna go home in a little bit, maybe around 1 or 2, but I got to get a lot of things done before then.

My 7 year old fractured his wrist yesterday at his football game... he wasn't even playing, just horsing around on the side line.

We'll both have casts on our left arms before too long...
Old 09-23-2007, 11:34 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh what a day.
one airline cant seem to get a plane to the airport on time and it costs ME $50 plus makes me take a 12 hour layover in amsterdam....
Old 09-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Carefully and quietly approaching break room - - reading sign - - HEY, IT IS SAFE FOR OTHER THAN ARMY AND NAVY. OK, and there is foo foo - - great. Good to see all today. Hmmmm, is good too.

Dull week, but crowned with a 5 hour session in the dentist office. Nice guy out of the office, but he grows horns the minute he walks in his office. Two crowns and pull a wisdom - - yep, still had one. It is hurting like mad today. Guess it will get better, the others did. Oh well, part of life.

OK, had my java, said hi and I am out of here.

HurtingBob
Old 09-23-2007, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Carefully and quietly approaching break room - - reading sign - - HEY, IT IS SAFE FOR OTHER THAN ARMY AND NAVY. OK, and there is foo foo - - great. Good to see all today. Hmmmm, is good too.

Dull week, but crowned with a 5 hour session in the dentist office. Nice guy out of the office, but he grows horns the minute he walks in his office. Two crowns and pull a wisdom - - yep, still had one. It is hurting like mad today. Guess it will get better, the others did. Oh well, part of life.

OK, had my java, said hi and I am out of here.

HurtingBob
afternoon all. boring day for me, went to church and washed my Elcamino after lunch.

thats all i have gotten done.

5Bob, i feel for ya. i had a tooth crowned a while back. got to have a root canal on that tooth, when i get some dental insurance.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:03 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel_Storm
went to church and washed my Elcamino after lunch.

thats all i have gotten done.
sounds like a good day. nothing like hearing some good word.

my teeth are throbbing from the braces. i can feel my pulse in my gums...

i had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled in Sub School, they just pull them so the Boats don't have to come off station for teeth problems. bled all over my pillow that nite.
me & Prince V took a long nap that nite...
Old 09-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Evening, all.
Left work at about 3, got stuff done, tho. Got a meritorious promotion board tomorrow, cross your fingers.
5v'er, sorry about your teeth, I feel the pain on the smart ones. I had about 30 kids get their wisdom teeth pulled this week, it is a nightmare for them and me.
Got my cab lights in tonight, the first one took a dump. Hope these last longer, I saved the receipt this time.

See ya'll later. Gonna be out in the field for the next couple of weeks, so contact may be limited.

mad
Old 09-23-2007, 11:05 PM

the marine corp doesn't allow wisdom teeth?
Old 09-24-2007, 03:32 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man you guys picked a bad day to talk about teeth!!!

I am going in at 0845 today .. 14 extractions, epoxy filling two openings where molars have erupted into the sinus cavity and then grinding down the bone with a dremmel type grinder...BUT.. the surgeon says i shouldnt miss work tonight!!!!!!! Oh.. and its gonna be 38-40 shots, local pain-killer only, insurance wont pay for a full general anestishia

Finally getting all the teeth I have broken over the years taken care of, gonna have a brand new set of chompers by the time I leave the doc's office.....
Old 09-24-2007, 04:27 AM

Congratulations.

I have all but two of my teeth that I started with. the second one came out alot less painful than the first, and Im holding off on the wisdom teeth until they cause problems.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:35 AM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Oral surgeon looks at wisdom teeth X-rays says "Long curved roots... I'll have to cut them out" I think no big deal right?

Day of extraction He says I think I'll just see if they will pop out. Surgeon gets up on a milk crate and takes a large pair of vise-grips and a 3' prybar tells me I might feel some tugging then comences to yankin' and pryin'. After 5 minutes my teeth havent moved but the surgen is sweating and breathing hard. He takes a break and says that he thinks that he'll have to split the teeth in half and remove them in pieces...

I feel your pain.

Mornin'!
Old 09-24-2007, 04:38 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fronty, about 4 years ago I got drug under a horse I was training, and was stepped on several times at a gallop... broke multiple teeth, my jaw, nose cheekbone and 4 ribs, both ACL's in both knees, my left ankle and right wrist....

Two of the molars were actually pushed up into the roof of my mouth far enough to erupt into my sinuses...
being self employed at teh time, with no health insurance, most of the things that could wait, waited... finally have the money to get them repaired...

gonna be kinda strange being able to chew again!
I can finaly have some of the break room coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 05:57 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
AAAAAaaaarrrg!!!! Monday

Fall is here.
Mornings are cool.
Days are warm.
The weather is too nice to be at work.

Just Another Day In Paradise.

Y'all stay safe,
Attached Thumbnails DTR #2 only Breakroom 070923-070929-dragbikes.jpg  
Old 09-24-2007, 07:04 AM

the rain has stopped, the tornado disapated and now the sun is out.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:10 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
finally have the money to get them repaired...

gonna be kinda strange being able to chew again!
I can finaly have some of the break room coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well, that's why i ended up with braces now, too poor as a kid,
and the active duty insurance would not pay,

so now, the retired insurance will pay, so we put them on.

once you start talking teeth, you find out how much trouble everyone has with them.

let us know how it comes out, sounds fun...

you guys see John Force's wreck? sounds easier than your horse dragging.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:30 AM
REALLY old dog

Talking

Morning ye-all
coffee , foo foo , & tea is onDENTIST`S SCARE THE HELL OUT OF ME, YEARS A GO HAD A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT AND ENDED UP HAVING MY TEETH PULLED .
THE GUY WAS A BUTCHER , HAVE HAD PROBLEMS EVERY SINCE, HAVE HAD 3 SETS OF DENTURES AND HE LEFT MY MOUTH SUCH A MESS I CANT WEAR THEM! 1/2 THE DENTIST`S OUT THERE HAVE MADE LITTLE TECHNOLOGICAL IMPROVEMENT SINCE CIVIL WAR TIMES , DON`T THINK THEY ARE SCRUTINIZED AS CLOSE AS DOCTORS !
ALL I CAN SAY IS CHECK THEM OUT GOOD AND BEST OF LUCK , AND I HOPE YOURS COME OUT MUCH BETTER THAN MINE !

CLAUDE ,SITTING HERE AN THIS SACK OF SEEDS , DRINKING TEA BREWED IN KAILYS SOCK FOR ADDED FLAVOR, AHH GOOD !

Quick Reply: DTR #2 only Breakroom 070923-070929