Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DST Breakroom Nov1 to Nov 7

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 07:00 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Morning folks Bob, thanks for the coffee and the 'healthy' donuts.

The strange weather I mentioned yesterday continued. Some of the areas around me had what appeared to be mini cloudbursts with localized flooding.

Heading outside shortly to go and wash my wife's chariot. Today is her weekly grocery day and she likes a clean vehicle when she goes out.

For those with large families, here is the vehicle to stop those squabbles between your kids on long trips. Everybody can have their own row of seats; BBC - Autos - A limousine as big as Texas
Old 11-04-2015, 07:41 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Taking leave today to do the Doctor thing with the Bride. Nothing serious, just a visit for currency. Maybe take advantage of the time to do something fun afterwords. My idea is stopping by the airport, but I bet that's not on her "list of fun things".

70's again today. I'm kinda liking this wx. Storms passing through Friday, then back to normal temps.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:56 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I visit my doctor for currency too. goes from my wallet to his Porsche college fund.

safe travels LEGGYone. gorgeous day today still living large and doing the minimum. I DO have one T-111 board to cut n install on a porch ceiling.
maybe stain the wood siding, maybe weedwhack the pond....maybe...

yeah, Ed, if we talk about it enough- it will be a done deal.....

killercat brings in critters I never see in the woods. or parts of them anyways,
about the third flying squirrel tail in two weeks, kangaroo mice from the next county over. got to stop treating her so nice I guess....naw.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:20 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
HELLO!!!! WHERE ARE U????

Gotta be kidding - - no one around since 10ish this morning. I have been going like a Banshee all day. Just stopped a few minutes ago - - exhausted, but happy with accomplishments for the day. Cleaned up White Ghost this morning - - been way too long. Sure looks good when washed up.

Grabbing a refill and watch the news. Be good.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:45 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

I am here. Been running around all day too.

Wife reported that her car turned over sluggishly this morning, so needed to check that before I hit the road early. On checking, the battery posts had 12.65 volts, but a check after the fusible link only had 11.3 volts. Hmmmm. Everything looked clean, but dismantled everything that could be dismantled and cleaned all the contacts. Did not find anything that looked like it could cause a bad contact, but now have battery post voltage on everything. Charging rate is good.

Time for my nightly tea and apple.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:12 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Huevos rancheros, camarones and tostados for you know who.
That's my best effort of a guess to the spelling.
Pumpkin spice phoo, lots of other things I found by the dragon and in the cupboards.

Lary is at a Legg pageant, hopefully his drolling frozen bloody mouth adds to his success.

My wife gets a root canal today.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:14 AM

HELLO!!!! WHERE ARE U????

'Tis only the dragon and I. Coffee and that other stuff is hot, fresh and ready to be consumed. Breakfast tacos and assorted fillings are on the table.

Another beautiful day is dawning down here in Paradise. So far it is a cloudless morning with Venus shining brightly.

Hope all of you have a wonderful and constuctive day. Wonder if Lary survived?
Old 11-05-2015, 06:17 AM

I see that Scotty and I posted at almost the same times. Strange, never noticed you bumbling around in the breakroom. Between the two of us, y'all have lots of Mexican goodies this morning.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:07 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
I see that Scotty and I posted at almost the same times. Strange, never noticed you bumbling around in the breakroom. Between the two of us, y'all have lots of Mexican goodies this morning.
lol
Yeah that's weird. Didn't even get a feeling of your presence.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:29 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Wow! a regular cornucopia of mexican breakfast treats..thanks "Twinner" and "Stan the Man"

Still trying to get over the Tax Audit that Heidi put on me....I think those guys drilled deeper than the dentist did My tooth is temporarily fixed get to go back next week for the final product.....man I love going to the Dentist

Busier than a one armed paper hanger here trying to catch up on chores since I missed most of Spring and early Summer.

Y'all have a SAFE day and remember what my wise old Grand Pappy used to say..."Shut Up Kid!"
Old 11-05-2015, 08:57 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
"Burp", scuzme....." Good eats this morning! Thanks!

I just opened my mouth and volunteered to help a guy this weekend. In-frame rebuild on an old case 450 crawler. Outside...on gravel...maybe a tarp... I got to start saying no....... At least he is getting timbers to run it up on, that will make the belly pan a lot easier.....
Old 11-05-2015, 10:54 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
"Burp", scuzme....." Good eats this morning! Thanks!

I just opened my mouth and volunteered to help a guy this weekend. In-frame rebuild on an old case 450 crawler. Outside...on gravel...maybe a tarp... I got to start saying no....... At least he is getting timbers to run it up on, that will make the belly pan a lot easier.....
1. Open mouth
2. Insert foot
3. Chew

What kind of crazy are you?
Old 11-05-2015, 11:43 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey JM! (puts clean, socked feet up on counter) waiting on a meeting today, missed my morning farmer coffee- he always makes it. not today. oh well, the sheep greeted me.....

Stan, you get me curious on coming down for the orphanage, stop that.

Fiver, send some Florida orange energy up north..I need one uninterrupted day to just clean and organize....

Ed, yes I know- it sounded easy and interesting. that's what gets me in trouble, then no time for my projects...... hint use only six point sockets.
bet his steering springs went or the oil pump? hmmmmmm.....weather is turning....do dit do

ok, off to look important (ha!)
Old 11-05-2015, 12:32 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
I'm here kussin my computer. Windows 10 crashed hard so I have to start from scratch. Going back with 7. Just got the dumpster swapped out in the hangar. Got a lot more stuff to toss plus what they got across the street.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:34 PM

Heidi, ( & anybody else) come on down. There is always LOTS to do at the orphanage. Building projects, electrical and plumbing work. Also unfortunately the vehicle maintenance never seems to stop either. There are quite a few vehicles there. Just a couple of hours ago received a call that the newest Ford E350 passenger van was 'stumbling'. Got someone to pull the codes and it shows oxygen sensors on both banks are suspect plus the MAF is not good.

Right now we are about to buy another gate opener. Large double swing gates. Have a guy going up to the states in a couple of weeks and he will bring the system back with him. Guess who will be installing it? You want the job?

The major problem is lack of money and many projects are delayed until the funds can be raised. However, come on down and I can guarantee that we will keep you VERY busy.

Quick Reply: DST Breakroom Nov1 to Nov 7