Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Dry copenhagen fix?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 10:18 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by t-boe
Water. I don't like any extra flavors in my chew. I quit awhile back, but my mouth still waters when someone opens a fresh can.
I know what you mean, I can smell one and it makes my mouth water, and I have not had one in 7 years.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, never thought id get such a good response or topic discussion outa that one. But yea, I find it dangerous to be workin on the rig all night and not have tons of coffee and chew, definetly livins ya up alil, but I am definetly gonna have to take the advice of whoever said to put my chews back in the can. I have to be sooo cautious of where i go to put in a dip, if one of the ruff necks asks for a pinch you can't really say no to em, and a pinch is literraly 3/4 a can, or the worst was one of their hands was so dirty he just poured some in his mouth...I nearly puked when I saw that...But a great story with chew spit...So my buddy (very very large fellow) was sittin passenger in my truck at a stop light, he wasn't thinkin, spit a huge load out the window, landed right on the hood/windsheild of some rather attractive girl drivin a jetta. She started screaming and crying so loud i could easily hear her from the other side of my truck. I have never seen such a large man roll up the window and yell like a sissy to punch it and get outa there.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's been about 10 years for me. I chewed Cope for about 15 years. Funny thing is I never spit, always swallowed the juice. Afetr 15 years of that my gut got very sensitive. I still can't eat some foods. I will tell you though, i have seen 2 guys who had their lower jaw removed because of cancer. I worked with one of them. He carried a 2 liter bottle of Coke or cans of Campbells chicken broth because the Chemo therapy killed his salivary glands. So to keep his throat from drying out he constantly drank either the Coke or broth. I will tell you it's an UGLY site to see someone with his jaw missing.