Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Drinking under 21

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drinking under 21

What do yall think of people drinkin under the age of 21??Who's all done it??

SD03
Old 05-27-2003, 11:32 AM

Re:Drinking under 21

Who didn't do it? ;D<br><br>and besides... the drinking age used to be 18... someone on here might remember that... <br><br><br>Tony
Old 05-27-2003, 11:33 AM

I plead the 5th as to whether I've done it. But I think its ok as long as people are responsible about it. Lets face it, they're gonna do it anyway.<br>-D
Old 05-27-2003, 11:37 AM

&lt;----has done it. and will do it this weekend I agree it shold not matter as long as we don't do stupid stuff. I don't drive when I drink mostly that is because I drink where I live and I don't let anyone drive when they drink at my house. Its my responsibility if the wreck and I have too much to lose. If you drink be smart. I know thats hard for some people but give it a try you will live longer. I just lost a friend last year to drinking and driveing. he was 22.<br>DM01
Old 05-27-2003, 12:09 PM

I believe there are only a select few that didn't or don't do it.
Old 05-27-2003, 01:44 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't. Still don't. Never have. Never will.

BUT....if it's ILLEGAL to drink under 21 then you shouldn't. I'm not a big fan of drinking anyway, whether legal or not. Partly because of religious beliefs...partly because I've seen it ruin too many lives...partly because I think it's just silly. With that said though, if someone can legally drink and wants to do so in moderation then that's their decision and I'm not going to discourage it or think any less of them for it.
Old 05-27-2003, 01:50 PM

I give all yall that dont drink credit. Like yall had said it ruins lifes. I have seen 2 people die and 1 person right in front of me. When ever I drink I nvr drive manily cause I always hide the keys. Someone said to make a poll and so I just wanted to see what it would be. <br><br>SD03<br>
Old 05-27-2003, 01:52 PM

Who hasn't? If not they probably never have/will. I think that an 18 year old should know what's right and wrong AND be able to be fully responsible for their actions also. Additionally, I think the drug problems with teens rose when the drinking age went up. I know it was easier to get your hands on a joint than it was to get a six pack.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:46 PM

Well said, Scott, Wheezer, and Hoss too (what am I saying ) I seen alcohol ruin some lives too. I was messed up for a while myself... lots of binge drinking and drug taking after the loss of my father. With a lot of people's help I was able to lose the drugs altogether, and learned to drink in moderation. I do love an ice cold beer though and sometimes find myself going backwards... no fun. Thats why I rarely keep any beer in my house.
Old 05-27-2003, 04:23 PM
Banned

I drink. I'll admit it. Is it smart to do it? Probably not. Do I do it to look cool? NO. Why do I do it? I don't know. I do though. I tried to Fri but my friends drank everything before I got there. I'm going to try this weekend also.
Old 05-27-2003, 04:25 PM

I started drinking the day I popped out of my mama. Milk, that is. But on the lighter side, if you do it, dont be anywhere around a vehicle, and dont drink so much that you kill yourself. Also dont pressure others to do it. Just remember, most alcoholics started drinking heavily when they were teens.
Old 05-27-2003, 05:32 PM

started when i was 16 just walk in and grab a case nobody ever carded me i guess it helps when ur 6'4-6'5 250lbs. then when i tured 21 i lived in a bar for about 6 months! what a waste of time and money!!! learned a few things after allmost arrested 2 times and then my best freind got a dui and my other buddy got a dui when i was in the car!! its not worth getting in trouble or hurting someone!
Old 05-27-2003, 05:40 PM
Banned

I drink more than 2 beers, I don't drive. Period.
Old 05-27-2003, 06:21 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats good to limit yourself blue.<br><br>But, lets look at it from another point of view. Say you have had just 1 beer. Lets say your going back home from a party, your driving. A car accientally pulls out in front of you and the the two collide killing all passengers in the car.<br><br> Now, who do you think they are going to pin the felony manslaughter charge on this one when they run a blood test, breathalizer, or a field sobriety? Legal limit does not fall under your rights sir.<br><br>I know, I used to drink and drive as well. But working up in a jail and a sheriffs dept. makes you wise up real quick. Ive seen alot of young lives destroyed from drinking and driving or much less driving drunk. <br><br>If your gonna drink, have someone to drive you. I dont care if it is 1 beer. Or stay at the house!!

Quick Reply: Drinking under 21