Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Dog Names...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 07:53 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry if this is a repeat, I didn't read all the responses.

"Rosco" P. Coltrane

Anything more than two syllables will surely make you sound like a fool if it runs off on you.
My neighbor named their dog the stupidest thing.
I used to be able to hear them at 10 O'clock at night trying to get it to come home:

"Meeeeeeeerrrcedes" Sounded like idiots.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
I'm trying to figure out a name for my full blood American Bull Dog, and figured that I would turn to some smart oil burners to help me out. Remember that I am a hick and a Marine, so no fu-fu names like buckshotmcee would give,(like french pedicure, or something-dang seebees ). It is male, about 5 weeks old, and comes from good stock. Check out my photos, there will be one in there shortly.

TIA-
madhat

Fellow jarhead here as well. All of our Rotts have been named after Marines of distinguished service.

Krulak aka Kru
Zeilin aka Zi
Mackin aka Mack/Mackie

and currently Jaskilka aka Jas

This said, my wife will frequently give them 'pet names' such as foofie LOL!
Old 10-13-2006, 06:27 AM

we got an English bull terrier called 'Dodge' and my parents have a terrier called 'Chevy'. The 2 dogs dont get on LOL.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Motorama
we got an English bull terrier called 'Dodge' and my parents have a terrier called 'Chevy'. The 2 dogs dont get on LOL.
a friend of mine's mom has a dog named ford. the other day, he rolled over just like an explorer
Old 10-13-2006, 09:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by derek840378
a friend of mine's mom has a dog named ford. the other day, he rolled over just like an explorer
Now THAT.....is some funny crap!
Old 10-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Hello all. This is the wife. I was hoping ya'll might take under consideration a few of the names I've come up with before the big vote. Rebel, Recon, Diesel, Turbo, Bubba, Tank, Radar, Jarhead, Highway (like Gunny Highway from Heartbreak Ridge), Grunt, and Gunner. Madhat shot these down, but I'm hoping ya'll have more sense than he does! (sorry honey) Thanks!!
~Angie~
Old 10-13-2006, 10:06 AM

Hello all. This is the wife. I was hoping ya'll might take under consideration a few of the names I've come up with before the big vote. Rebel, Recon, Diesel, Turbo, Bubba, Tank, Radar, Jarhead, Highway (like Gunny Highway from Heartbreak Ridge), Grunt, and Gunner. Madhat shot these down, but I'm hoping ya'll have more sense than he does! (sorry honey) Thanks!!
~Angie~
Name him bubba...or grunt.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:52 AM

Thumbs up

I love American Bulldogs, especially the Johnson type. I wanted to get one but wife said no, we have a Cane Corso coming. My male E.Mastiff name was Wooly Bully, called him one or the other. Here's a few -- Bruiser,-- Brutus, --Earl,-- Buck,-- Zeke,-- Woodrow,-- Merle,-- Mojo,-- Lester,-- Igor,-- Axle,-- Klondike,-- Levi,-- Slash,-- Rufus,-- Quincy,-- Hammer,-- Igor,-- Jed,-- Oscar--, Ox,-- Popeye,-- Grady,-- Newman,-- Cash . My mules are John Henry, Jake, and Andrew Jackson. My Jack's name was Mo.------ Rosco--- Bolo-- Butcher-- Tug--BillyBob,-- Johnny Ray,-- Homer--Hummer--Dooley---Mace-- Butch---Buster--Ike--Butterbean---Hambone--BoneCrusher----Crusher for short. Bert. Tearl from Earthblood. ---Ajax--- I better quit I'm getting dizzy.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:57 AM

I named my Bulldog "Brutus".

Name:  Picture004.jpg
Views: 3810
Size:  155.1 KB
Old 10-13-2006, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Guardrail
I named my Bulldog "Brutus".

Thats a big dog ya got there
Old 10-13-2006, 02:35 PM

my britts name is chief....because you know they really do run the show...evn though you think they listen
Old 10-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hello all. This is the wife.
~Angie~
TIME OUT!!!

With all due respect to Mrs. Madhat, I thought his place was SAFE from the wives!! If y'all are going to let women run around here then we're going to have to clean this place up a bit...and Lary's going to have to knock the pizza crumbs off his belly and put a shirt on!!

Chaikwa!! You're the janitor!! Pick those dirty underwear up off the floor! Someone put the trash IN the trash can! Get those pizza boxes off the coffee table!! Whoever's sock that is hanging on the rabbit ears...GET RID OF IT!! Somone get the vacuum!! Wait a minute...scratch the vacuum. We all know what happened the last time we "got the vacuum." The poor dog hasn't been the same since. Speaking of, someone catch that dog!! And whose cat is that?!?!?! We don't allow CATS in here!! What's wrong with you people?!?!?! There's a lady in our presence so get your act together!! Hey!! Where are you going with that fish bowl?!?!?! And what happened to the baby bass that was in it?!?!?! GET - THE DOG - OFF - THE KITCHEN - TABLE!!! How many times do I have to tell you!! Good grief people!!!

This message has been brought to you courtesy of Hoss, Inc.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:13 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ya got me on that one. A true LOL moment.

It's not too often we get females poking around here. Last time there was a single one everybody scared her off.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by P.J
Ya got me on that one. A true LOL moment.

It's not too often we get females poking around here. Last time there was a single one everybody scared her off.
You mean with 28k members and ONE is a single woman?!?!?!?!? Gee, I wonder why she was scared...
Old 10-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Hoss
TIME OUT!!!

...and Lary's going to have to knock the pizza crumbs off his belly and put a shirt on!!
I take exception to that Hoss.....I do not have pizza crumbs on my belly....those are pink sprinklies from those 7 day old donuts in Eds office

Quick Reply: Dog Names...