Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Do it your self bed liner

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 10:31 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Do it your self bed liner

Has anyone used a do it your self paint on bed liner?
Has it held up?
thanks.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used it on my old chevy utility truck about 6 years ago. It wouldn't spray through a conventional gun so I tried to shoot it out of a hopper gun.. no go. I ended up having to roll it on. Looked great at first but it wore off and peeled fairly quickly. It cost about half of what a spray on liner costs and I wasn't happy with the result.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:23 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for the input
Old 07-07-2005, 11:57 AM

My neighbor tried the kit from napa. Looked good until a can of gas spilled and washed it out of the back of the truck.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:24 PM

I rolled my own on my last truck.
Prep work was a *****, but if it isn't done correctly, you are wasting your time and $$.
It went on thin, I would have needed another can to have it look nice. At the time, with what I already had in it plus another can, I would have been close to the money it would have cost to have a pro to do it. I didn't think twice about having a pro do my current truck.

~Rob
Old 07-07-2005, 02:48 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I understand you can spray concrete now
Old 07-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Just remember, whenenever you use do it yourself bed liner, to use proper personal protection equipment. You wouldn't want to get this stuff on your hootus !!!
Old 07-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by shortround
I understand you can spray concrete now
Gunite.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by jrs_dodge_diesel
Just remember, whenenever you use do it yourself bed liner, to use proper personal protection equipment. You wouldn't want to get this stuff on your hootus !!!
I haven't read it in a long time, but THAT thread was HILARIOUS!!!
Old 07-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Registered

i went and picked up a kit in town for 75 bucks and i rolled it on and that stuff aint goin nowhere. I mixed sand in with it and nothing slides on my flatbed. i havent had if for very long but ive hauled a LOT of wood and engines and different things and stuff my bedliner is still there. and i dont think its gunna scrape off either. Im real pleased with it.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used the $8 a can stuff from Advance. Turned the bed black till I washed it the first time. Shoulda went with the Rhino.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Urban Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have thought about using the roll on stuff on the floor of the horse trailer for anti slip. Has anyone done this? Also do ya’ll think it would hold up to horse hooves?
Old 07-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Banned

The only thing I've found to hold up to horse hooves is 3/4"-1" thick rubber mats with shavings on top. Even then it's iffy.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:36 PM

A member here had great success and the stuff works well. His name is doodah. Here is his testament Thanks!, it was actually purchased over the phone from the only sales manager, there is, and hes from florida! it was easy aplication, tape off where you want it, scuff with 80 grit, clean with automotive cleaner called "xylene", only use this!, it is the main ingrediant to makeing it stay on the truck!, the sales rep will tell you this also!, it is hard to find, but can be found! you can brush it on or roll it on with a special roller, you can buy from them, tell him you want rollers from him, buy a couple. it takes 2 coats, I got the accelerator pack with mine to speed up the curing time, so when I got all the waty around the truck and inside the door jams, I could start over with the second coat!. looks and works awsome, this is some strong stuff!, Here is the # of the guy I got it from, he will run you through most any Qs you have! he is a great guy! His names stuart fassberg. 1-800-272-3312 its durabak, but the company name is applies surfaces. THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR ME!- MAKE SURE YOU TELL HIM THAT SHAWN MOODY FROM IOWA RECOMMENDED HIM TO YOU!!! I am wanting to be a disributor of this stuff, and I told him I could get some more guys interested, he would cut me a deal on getting the quanity I need to start applying it custumly!, thanks for the interest! shawn
Old 07-07-2005, 09:41 PM

Originally posted by bigfoot
I have thought about using the roll on stuff on the floor of the horse trailer for anti slip. Has anyone done this? Also do ya’ll think it would hold up to horse hooves?
As Big blue stated the mats are the trick there and keep them dry with the shavings. Off of I35 between I35 and Keen Tx. there is a great place to buy mats for horses and cattle trailers, It has been awhile since I got them there,but might go look as you are close by in Cleburn. It was on the south side of the road about halfway between the interstate 35 and keen. Goodluck,,Rick I remeber the exit, if memory serves it was the Joshua/keen exit.

Quick Reply: Do it your self bed liner