Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Did This Cop Cross The Line?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 08:10 PM
Cummins Guru

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Shorts
I watched an unedited version on youtube and I didn't see what you're referring to. Are we watching the same stop? PM the link please.
This is the second video of girl getting beat up in jail.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Well I bet she won't do that again Sometimes when you mess with the bull you get the horns.....

I don't know if this guy is still in Law Enforcement but he shouldn't be.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I would have to say that yes, the 2nd vid does look bad.

A correctional facility is a different story, you already have them in a controlled environment, have the upper hand, and can easily contain that person to where the only harm they cause is to themselves.

The chick in the first vid

She still deserves what she got.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
I would have to say that yes, the 2nd vid does look bad.

A correctional facility is a different story, you already have them in a controlled environment, have the upper hand, and can easily contain that person to where the only harm they cause is to themselves.

The chick in the first vid

She still deserves what she got.
I agree 100 % although when she kicked her shoe at him that technically amounts to assault, the Officer went WAY beyond what the situation required. I think a take down was a proper response, but body slamming her off the wall and then punching her in the head was not necessary.

I think any time you strike an Officer with your hand or an object, you should expect to become familiar with the ground really fast. Spoiled rotten kids....Parents don't teach them better and this is what happens.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I think any time you strike an Officer with your hand or an object, you should expect to become familiar with the ground really fast. Spoiled rotten kids....Parents don't teach them better and this is what happens.
I remember this one case where we had booked in a 17yo on a DWI charge. The judge was at the jail that day for arraignments. Well she decided that her rich parents could get her, little miss perfect, out of trouble and no one could tell her otherwise. Well she got real lippy with the Judge doing the arraignments and told him a whole slew of choice words that cant be said here on DTR. When the Judge tried to calm her down, she literally attacked him and bite him hard enough to draw blood. Before any of my jailers could react he had smacked her hard enough to loosen a few teeth.

Needless to say, she didnt get any easy treatment that day, and the Judge had a whole new respect for the idiots we normally had to put up with.

Wish I could have seen her trial....
Old 06-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Admin Team Leader

She learned more from that Judge than she ever did from her parents
Old 06-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its a good thing I'm not a cop.. There would be allot more dead criminals in this world.

I'm not sure whos got their hands cuffed more. The cops or the criminals
Old 06-17-2010, 11:34 PM

This second video is justified in my eyes. Too many people these days feel they can get away with anything when it comes to the law. Whether that be verbally or physically. She got what she deserved. Lose the attitude. For too long, the disrespect level towards law enforcement has been climbing. Especially when it comes to teens these days. I can't believe the attitudes and the kind of mouths young adults and teens have. Put a hard stop to the little mouthy disrespectful ungrateful children and put a little fear back into their eyes when it comes to law enforcement and doing what your told. When asked by a police officer to do something, shut your mouth and do it. There are a few adults that could use that advice as well.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:58 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
My comment is only about the Seattle video. Bringing another one into this thread just makes it confusing. The cop was justified. She got off a lot better with him then she would have with me, and the punch did what it was intended to do, get her out of the fight so he could do what he was supposed to. I've fought girls like this before and I don't care if they are female or not, they can kill you just the same. She gets not a single ounce of sympathy from me, period. The sad thing is that she had been polite and cooperative, she probably would have gotten a warning and not even a ticket.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:07 AM
DTR Founder

PS

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...102punch1.html

Nuff Said...
Old 06-18-2010, 04:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks to me like the officer did what he had to do with a combative suspect and someone that got involved that shouldn't have. The video only shows a short clip of the incident so we do not know exactly what caused the situation to get to that point, also, we aren't living in that moment and have the ability to second guess the guy, the man was surrounded by who knows how many potential adversaries and had to make a split second decision to protect himself and at least I think he showed great restraint in how he reacted. Bottom line is that if the people involved had shown the man the respect he deserves this situation would have never happened.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I think you missed the part about it being a mistake in identity and he attacked me, I was defending myself. I simply went to the Safeway to buy some groceries and I said Hi to this guy when I went passed him. He told me he was an All State Collegiate Wrestling Champion and then proved it about 2 seconds later. Do you think it would have been better if I let him pick me back up and body slam me on the asphalt again? I didn't know the guy or have any idea why he felt the need to fight
No Sir, I mis-read. Glad you defended yourself just as you should.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:21 AM
DTR Founder

Guys look at the video very very closely and see if you can find one in the crowd who is indexing a pistol in his right hand. This officer was in a very dangerous situation indeed. Look very closely, if you can't find it, I'll get a picture that shows it for you...
Old 06-18-2010, 10:54 AM

88% of the people polled on a Seattle talk radio station believe the cop was justified in punching the bimbo. Women are very safe in Seattle, nasty bimbo's?...not so much. Proud to be an 88%er
Old 06-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Administrator
Guys look at the video very very closely and see if you can find one in the crowd who is indexing a pistol in his right hand. This officer was in a very dangerous situation indeed. Look very closely, if you can't find it, I'll get a picture that shows it for you...
Yup that was one of the guys I was talking about circling him repeatedly...looks like a big bore Auto maybe a 9mm, .40 or .45. Hard for me to say at this small resolution. He repeatedly attempts to get in close and directly behind the Officer.

Quick Reply: Did This Cop Cross The Line?