Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Daycare contracts

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daycare contracts

Anyone with children knows that when you get a new provider you get a new contract. Of the course that contract protects the daycare provider for the most part. I'm wondering if the parent can make the provider sign a contract protecting them and their children. I'm sure they can, but would the provider sign it? I had a bad experience with an in-home daycare and had to switch. The provider never physically abuse my childeren or anything like that, but some basic needs weren't met due to pure laziness. Is there anything out there to help protect the parent and child more so that I could have some kind of legal recourse in the future?
Old 10-17-2007, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The parent's and child's protection are from the state. Only use licensed day care providers. Does this mean they are all good? No. My wife does it, and she knows some providers where I wouldn't take my children.

My wife's process is a serious interview. Allows provider to ensure the parent isn't a flake, and should allow the parent to realize the providers isn't a flake. Ask to see licenses (current) if you aren't sure. Ask if you can "pop-in" at any time. These types of questions will cause apprehension in a sub-standard provider, but not in a good one.

If in hindsight you thought the provider was sub-standard, report them to their state governing agency.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:55 AM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
No contract needed.

Check out the provider you choose and recheck on them on a regular basis. Also having a good repore and open communication (with the proivider) really helps.

Something goes wrong with their care, I'm pulling my kids out of there contract be Darned. Let them take you to court if they go that route. (give them a taste of what you saw happening and the probly won't)

Your honnor, X, Y, Z happened or A, B, C didn't happen and should have. No Judge in ther right mind would fault a parrent for being concerned about their childs care.

My .02