Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Cooler: 5 Dec - 11 Dec

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 05:59 AM
JKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Cooler: 5 Dec - 11 Dec

back at it again. Been right around freezing here the past couple of mornings. I guess it's finally winter. You men enjoy the day off. See ya tomorrow in the am.... - JKE
Old 12-05-2004, 06:27 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Here at work doing the dark to dark shift. Big suprise when I got home last night. Wifey had cleaned the stalls AND made be a big pot of beans with home made cat head bisquits.

Either It's going to be expensive, or, I've been a very good boy.

Ed
Old 12-05-2004, 06:44 AM
JKE

UH OH!! RED FLAG cat head bisquits mean something's afoot - JKE
Old 12-05-2004, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK, I've never really read this 'watercooler' thread before. So today I decide, "What the heck!", and the second thing I read about is 'cat head bisquits'.

I'm on my third cuppa coffee and STILL can't figger out what the heck cat head bisquits are. Anyone care to explain? Can't be all that bad if they're made outta cats!

chaikwa.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:15 AM
Banned

gotta have something to do with eating a cat powered trk for breakfast.... still groggy here, had front tooth pulled/ root canal didn't help so out it went. If any one is missing channel locks I think my dentist still has them worst thing is the temp bridge/ plate tough to eat/ enjoy food coffee seems to flow on by ok tho
Old 12-05-2004, 09:28 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Morning smeller's,

Back to the 12 hours this week, my Friday already. Somebody need some cat heads donated? They're in abundance up this way, be happy to spare a couple....
Old 12-05-2004, 09:35 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Blizzard conditions here and I have a giant finger from getting it smashed by the trailer deck yesterday. 2 stitches, lots of swelling. nothing broke. purple nails. My heavy gloves and pulling back as fast as I did probably saved my wrist from getting crushed or at least the fingers. I was lucky.

Time to go load cars.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:37 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

I hate that... makes it hard to pick and scratch.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:43 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Carolina Cat Head Biscuits

Morning.
Late to hit the sack = late to git movin this morning.

Attended a "Peruvian" wedding and reception last night.
After the 1st case of Corona, 2nd bottle of Cognac and the 1st bottle of Tequila, everything else is a bit of a blur.........

I woke up in my own bed, & watched the news this morning and they didn't mention my name so I guess I had a good time. Yes, I had a designated driver

Need mass quantities of coffee..............
Old 12-05-2004, 09:49 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Dang, thought everybody knew what I was talking about. Guess I'm just one of the lucky ones.

Shovelhead, why don't you send Scotty some of that "painkiller" if you have any left. Sounds like he needs it. Scotty, I thought I heard a loud screech yesterday.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:26 AM
JKE

chaikwa - "STILL can't figger out what the heck cat head bisquits are."

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.

They taste like chicken

Shovelhead - when you came down 11 on your visit..... if you stayed south toward 85 and the Georgia line, you would have passed a small gas station called "Quickies". "In the back" is what is called Sharon's place. She cooks all of the food everyday. Seves up some of the biggest cat head bisquits I have ever eaten. Purdy dang good too. If you are down again, try them out....closed on Sunday. That goes for anyone else out this way too.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:31 PM

Afternoon y'all,
Cathead bisquits .... mom used to make those and man they were great !!! She used to pack them into our lunches to take into the hills with us. We'd slop on butter and jelly in the mornings and make sammiches out of them at lunch.

Her's even looked like a cat's head ... one that was left out in the rain with it's hair all stickin up.

Great ... now I'm hungry again.

PISTOL
Old 12-05-2004, 01:23 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Yep, good biscuits - - and a whole weeks supply of saturated fat in every single biscuit - - that's what make 'um soooooo gooooooood.

Gorgeous day in Paradise - - low 70's. blue skies, cool eves, flowers in full bloom, grass still growing like mad - - wow it's nice. Have a good one.

SpoiledBob
Old 12-05-2004, 03:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Shovelhead
Carolina Cat Head Biscuits
Hmm. Link didn't work.
From what I've gathered thus far, they are a greasy biscuit shaped like a cat's head and they taste like chicken?

Strange and disturbing some of the things one learns on this site.

Have a good one.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:09 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Hmmmm
Link works for me.

Might be your settings.

anywho, here's the recipe from that website.

Cat Head Biscuits (As Big As A Cat's Head)

Ingredients:

2 cups of flour
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
5 tablespoons of lard or shortening
About 1 cup of buttermilk

Sift the dry ingredients together and cut in the lard or shortening. Add enough buttermilk to make a soft dough. Pinch off about a lemon sized ball of dough for each biscuit and pat out with your hands. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes at 450 degrees or until the tops are golden brown. Remove the biscuits form the oven and rub butter on the tops of the hot biscuits to coat.

Some Of The Different Ways We Eat “Cat Head” Biscuits:

In the South, the infamous “Cat Head” biscuit was and still is used in a great number of ways. In fact this versatile bread can easily be eaten in different ways with every meal. Here are just a few ways I remember eating them:

Aside from the usual biscuit filled with various homemade jams and jellies, we would sometimes eat them hot from the oven, filled with a generous amount of brown sugar and butter. The butter melts over the brown sugar and creates a breakfast food that no store-bought brown sugar and cinnamon toaster pastry can even touch.

Split open or torn into small pieces and smothered with one of the delicious southern gravies such as Chocolate Gravy, Sausage Gravy, or one of the homemade “Fruit Jams”.

Not much in the world of food is as good as a sandwich made out of a big homemade biscuit with a large slice of a ripe, red tomato and a little salt or with a slice of pork tenderloin or ham.

“Cat Head” biscuits make great desserts when covered with your favorite berries, ice cream, and whipped cream. This is a very easy way to make a wonderful strawberry shortcake.

Another way I remember eating them was to cream butter and honey or butter and molasses
together and spread over the hot biscuits.

Try some for yourself and you will find that the biscuit is one of the most versatile and delicious foods ever to come out of your oven.

Quick Reply: The Cooler: 5 Dec - 11 Dec