Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Computer Gurus

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2002, 07:42 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Computer Gurus

I was &quot;surfin&quot; this evening and when I clicked on one of my shortcut icons the computer crashed.<br>When I rebooted, now I'm getting the &quot;Blue Screen of Death&quot; .<br>&quot;Process1 Initialization Failed&quot;......can anyone translate that to English?<br>Tried to reboot again, &quot;Inaccessable Boot Device&quot;<br>Tried again, &quot;Unknown hard Error&quot;<br>Now using daughter's CPU until Wifey's son can come and figure out what toasted. ??? ??? ???
Old 11-09-2002, 08:20 PM

Re:Computer Gurus

Thanks Gonzo. <br>Maybe I shouldn'ta hooked up the edge comp with the pump wire to the hard drive huh? ???<br>Ran like heck for a coupla minutes.....shoulda hooked up the pressure guage first. <br><br>
Old 11-09-2002, 09:36 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

wonders what this strange wire is coming out of my computer and running through the trees toward virginia?
Old 11-09-2002, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a boot disk handy? You can boot on the floppy, then diagnose the hard drive. I always have one just in case.<br><br>-Tom-
Old 11-10-2002, 09:22 AM

Thanks for the replies guys.<br>The first thing I looked for was any strange wires comming out of my computer. <br><br>When my computer only crashed instead of exploding leaving a large smoking hole in the ground, I figured Top probably wasn't involved.
Old 11-10-2002, 09:27 AM

You might look around the back of your puter for little blue sheepy droppings. They'll eat anything.
Old 11-10-2002, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a last resort, do like I did the the last three VCR's that ate tapes on me. Take it outside on a fire proof surface preferably, open the little flap, pour about a cup of 93 octane in the flap and let it soak for about 10 minutes. Then, pour a small trail of gas about 10 feet away leading to the little flap. Break out the old friction flame producing sticks, break out a fresh 5.9, and light er' up. Makes some real pretty colors, problem solved.
Old 11-10-2002, 12:02 PM
Banned

Uh, Joel, just in case, I wanted to let you know that your EZ Edge does have a warranty on it, ya know! (unless it's returned as crispy as your momma's bacon ;D ) <br> THREE guesses you've got a DVD player now? ;D
Old 11-10-2002, 12:35 PM

[quote author=dieseldude4x4 link=board=10;threadid=6843;start=0#64729 date=1036946209]<br>As a last resort, do like I did the the last three VCR's that ate tapes on me. Take it outside on a fire proof surface preferably, open the little flap, pour about a cup of 93 octane in the flap and let it soak for about 10 minutes. Then, pour a small trail of gas about 10 feet away leading to the little flap. Break out the old friction flame producing sticks, break out a fresh 5.9, and light er' up. Makes some real pretty colors, problem solved.<br>[/quote]<br><br>I'd planned on using it as a wheel chock, you know after the posts about emergency brakes popping off by themselves.
Old 11-10-2002, 04:53 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope, still haven't gone the DVD route yet. Went to wallys mart and bought the cheapest VCR I could find, about $68, and it has worked flawlessly for about four years now. Those three that I, um, ah, retired you could say, were all the expensive ones with the four heads and all that crap. No more, the cheapest thing I can find that says PLAY is what I buy.<br><br>Hopefully there won't be any issues with the box. If it messes up, do I just unplug it and plug the regular wires back in? I know one thing, the way this one runs with just that little box you added, I can't imagine how that one of yours would pull the mountain. I love it.
Old 11-10-2002, 06:22 PM

I sat here for a while thinking about bashing gonzo for calling the head a needle ;D I think ill let him slide this time though. Yes my first thing I would do is run a boot disk and see if you can get it up and running. if it runs its probably just the drive alone that got messed up. Then I'd try to access the drive if it dosent work I may attempt to run norton disk doctor or something to recover any data. Recover anything possable and FDisk the drive, format, and reinstall if that works good. Failing all of that a low level format is your last option in my opinion. If that dont work open it up take out the platters and have some nice gold coasters/paper weights.

Quick Reply: Computer Gurus