Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Commiefornia

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 05:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:Commiefornia

[quote author=JKE link=board=10;threadid=20696;start=0#msg194416 date=1065634191]
Correct on Alabama, Not to take away from the true meaning

I just like to think of the south in general as good old Dixie. This 5 state area is really nice for country folk. As for pot, you see very little here. Maybe in your neck of the woods there is a cash crop, but not here.

Alabama is sweet, been there a couple of times to visit family. 8)

John
[/quote]

Agreed the SE is all dixie. I only stated the pot growth here because I know the stats on it here. I don't see it, it is country here and it sure is not bragged about, but it does exist and I bet if you knew the facts, there is a lot grown and also caught in SC. They have detection devices in aircraft to find it and sooner or later the gardens are destroyed. The largest growth now is in basements and garages with artificial light. Tell you what, get some bright black lights and turn them on in your garage and see how long it takes for someone to check you out. Within a couple of weeks the authorities will find out what you have them for.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:25 PM
JKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm. Thanks, but no thanks . There probably is many gorilla growers in the area. I would think they stay small to avoid detection and do it outside just for the season and then keep it for themselves. Word spreads faster than melted butter around here and everyone knows everyone.

Have to keep the :-X

Hard for most to do. I hope I do not get relocated. It was mentioned a couple of months ago...said expect it within a year.

I'll transfer to Fl and live on the St. John's river ;D 8). That's about it. I love it here. ;D
Old 10-08-2003, 06:56 PM

[quote author=Haulin in Dixie link=board=10;threadid=20696;start=15#msg194531 date=1065651484]
Tell you what, get some bright black lights and turn them on in your garage and see how long it takes for someone to check you out. Within a couple of weeks the authorities will find out what you have them for.
[/quote]

I might have to try that, just for giggles. It's actually kind of funny--in Missouri, hemp plants grow wild all over the place, acres of them, uncultivated. When the highway patrol burns this ditchweed, they add it to their pot destruction totals for the year. Creative bookkeeping and all that, looks good for next year's budget numbers.
Old 10-09-2003, 04:29 AM
JKE

what a joke......they would make more money legallizing it and using the DEA to ensure there is no "black market" for the stuff. :

If you got it smoke it, doesn't bother me...hemp is not smoke desirable as you know.

This is going too far now......done.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:46 AM

[quote author=JKE link=board=10;threadid=20696;start=15#msg194776 date=1065691797]
...hemp is not smoke desirable as you know.
[/quote]

Yeah, that's why it's funny.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:57 AM
JKE

they could be using it to make clothes and rope and such here in the US instead of exporting everything. We are NOT self reliant. This is why I feel farming and ranching is soooooo important for our children to learn. At least we can eat.

my oldest boy helps to work the gardens and my daughter helps to harvest. Youngest isn't old enough to get out there yet, but boy does he want to...pitches a fit!!!

way off topic now......

Berzerkly.... LMAO.

Move out of cali b4 it slides into the ocean...wishful thinking.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:07 AM

Yeah, we're way off topic, but it's the Other forum, so we should be ok. You're right, we're becoming less self-sufficient all the time--farming, manufacturing, etc. I'm what they call a "knowledge worker," which is fine as far as that goes, but it doesn't always feel all that productive, if that makes any sense. That's one of the reasons why SWMBO and I are renovating this 104 year old house; it gives us something to do that produces a tangible result.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:32 AM
JKE

well, I don't know what they call me... ???
I know a few, but cannot put them up here

Big project you got there.

I am sticking to farming. I have a natural tallent for this. Bought the wife a plant and I have no idea what it is or what it needs. after a 3 weeks, it was in the hurt locker about to be deep 6'd. I told her what I thought. She got on CLemson HGIC and researched the plant. I told her she had two days to fix the plant. 4 days went by and the plant was looking good. I said, what did you do? She said after 2 days and no improvement I did exactly what you said to do. wife thinks I am a freak of nature.

strange how I can look at them and see what they need. I only have a few years under my belt. ;D I wish I had this ability with animals.

I would love to do it full time, but not willing to allow my children to do without since the income would be very low.

on topic - cali needs and enema.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:45 PM

I keep hoping the big one will hit and CA breaks off at the coastal range. I'd live 10 miles from the beach. Urban sprawl, liberals.....gone. California goes back to being an agricultural state.

I can dream, can't I?
Old 10-09-2003, 01:31 PM

8) I live in my own country of Texas, we got acres of pot growing cause all the manufacturing has left our country. Live out in the sticks were nearest neighbor is a 1/4 to 1/2 mile away. We make our own brew too.
Old 10-09-2003, 04:01 PM
JKE

sittenbull2 - Native american?

THe further away from others the better. Except family.

Cowhand - you can dream, I do everyday

I have a relative that lives in cali. She is moving here (says she is) to the ranch around Christmas. Country girl, That's what we are about. Father in law lead the wagon trail through Florida for troubled youths. Have cool pictures and a special in National Geographic magazine with a picture of my wife when she was quite young. anyway, this place is great!

I love to here the Mules just b4 feeding time. ;D Seeing the horse being run by Moca the australian sheppard. Hearing the horses come across the field at full speed...man, I got made.
Old 10-09-2003, 05:01 PM

[quote author=JKE link=board=10;threadid=20696;start=15#msg194821 date=1065702738]
well, I don't know what they call me... ???
I know a few, but cannot put them up here
[/quote]
I get a few of those, too.
I am sticking to farming. I have a natural tallent for this.
I have the exact opposite effect on plants. I can kill 'em dead in no time. ;D If the grocery stores all close, I'm going to have to hope I can barter for veggies...
Old 10-09-2003, 06:50 PM

I love to here the Mules just b4 feeding time. Seeing the horse being run by Moca the australian sheppard. Hearing the horses come across the field at full speed...man, I got made. CAN I LIVE WITH YOU! Don't eat much and I'll pull my weight, Gonzo already said no. Guess your my last chance! strange how I can look at them and see what they need. cali needs and enema. Been looking west have yuh! A manure engineer of sorts! they could be using it to make clothes and rope and such here in the US instead of exporting everything. Sailors used to use hemp as rope or twine. Just couldn't keep it around long enough and the ships kept running aground. HARG! sorry but I am so amused at life in general and these are some things that tickled my funny bone. Hope not to offend. I lived in cali once, near the Napa valley. I was a kid and in the orchards could be lost for hours eating and picking fresh fruit. Love them bing cherries but they didn't love me. Whewie that stings..
Old 10-09-2003, 07:17 PM

Well, at least I have a little superficial piece of that. I live in a blue collar town of 24000 (surrounded by urban sprawl, and getting worse). Got horses on my own little 1/2 acre plot. Crime is low, schools are good, and the neighbors know when to mind your business and when to mind their own. Only hear horses and dogs at night, and the occasional siren when the fire dept come down the street. Used to drive home through miles of dairy farms until the dairymen got smart and hauled behind. Now they're growing houses, traffic's gettin progressively worse, and the yuppies are coming.

I don't mind it terribly when I'm sittin in my porch swing looking out over what's left of the open space in town, watchin folks ride by and wave, horse carryin on in the paddock. 8)

But as I sit here at work, on the edge of LA proper, thinking about the 2 hour drive home and the 20,000 mule's rear ends on the freeway between here and home, I'm about done with it. > >

Sittenbull, JKE, you guys are killin' me!!!
Old 10-10-2003, 10:46 AM

You get used to it...The unusual anyplace else is normal here...My favorite pastime was shootin hybrid hondas full of soot from my EDM's... Oh the horror!!! These idiots turned me in TWICE!! I had to take them out and go with smaller injectors & turbo to keep the smoke police happy...(BTW, DD2's & PDR HX-35 work great...low to no smoke, good power.) It makes me cringe when I hear some leftist lib froot spout the virtues of welfare...This is the land of the "entitlement" generation..."you owe us, you owe us, is the leftist mantra..

off the box now..