Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Chrysler customer service coming back to the states.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chrysler customer service coming back to the states.

I have not posted here in a long time, but I thought all of you might like to know about an e-mail I got this morning from Detroit that told of a new plan to move ALL of the Chrysler customer service back here from India. I would post the message directly but I have gotten my hands slapped by moderators for that before. The transition will take a few months to complete. The last line of the message reads as follows, "We are looking forward to these changes and we hope you will feel the same. In these difficult times, we all must view each customer as a "keeper" and we want to make sure we're supporting you in the best possible way to achieve our common goal of returning to profitability."

I thought it was a step in the right direction and that others here might want to know about it.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:01 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Its a start.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now if they would manufacture/assemble our trucks in the U.S.A. instead of Mexico.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by nkennedy
Now if they would manufacture/assemble our trucks in the U.S.A. instead of Mexico.
They were going to do that if the deal to build Rams to replace Titans for Nissan hadn't fallen through . All megacabs and 4500/5500 will be made in Mexico though .
Old 03-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
That is good news. Did it say how many jobs it would creat here?
Old 03-12-2009, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Luke S
I have not posted here in a long time, but I thought all of you might like to know about an e-mail I got this morning from Detroit that told of a new plan to move ALL of the Chrysler customer service back here from India. I would post the message directly but I have gotten my hands slapped by moderators for that before. The transition will take a few months to complete. The last line of the message reads as follows, "We are looking forward to these changes and we hope you will feel the same. In these difficult times, we all must view each customer as a "keeper" and we want to make sure we're supporting you in the best possible way to achieve our common goal of returning to profitability."

I thought it was a step in the right direction and that others here might want to know about it.

Glad you are back and thanks for the info.I HATE DEALING WITH ANY COMPANY THAT FOWARDS YOU TO INDIA.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:49 PM

Did the Mexican govt.help bailout chrysler??How about Canada?That's another reason to build them all here.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:21 PM

Location: This Nazi state of California 2nd home Gilbert AZ under God
The Mexico and India crap is just cheap labor for the Corporations. I worked in high tech for thirty years and have watched manufacturing leave first followed by Engineers. Now every director and above seems to be a foreigner and hiring there own while laying off American. The Government and these corps saying there are not enough qualified engineers to hire. The same engineers that were laid off were the one bringing the past technologies. The American corporation and Government has no loyalty to Americans unless they are stock holders. In the last round we developed the latest device to be laid off and have the project handed to India.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:33 PM

Dodge has been building trucks in Mexico since the early 80's. They are still building trucks in Mexico today.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:20 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by retiredchuck
Did the Mexican govt.help bailout chrysler??How about Canada?That's another reason to build them all here.

Canada is having their discussions with GM and Chrysler.

http://www.reuters.com/article/bonds...31988520090311

just because you didn't hear about it doesn't mean it's not happening.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:50 PM

To bad the Canadian plants are the most efficient plants for Chrysler. Yes our Goverment is putting money into the big three, so next time you should check your comments unless you actually know.

By the way no matter what happens Chrysler will service won't be any better if anything ti will get worse, because they will have to hire less employees for more money.

Some of you guys think your the everything down south the be all and end alls, For your information the Big Three also manufacture vehicles over seas in some substantial quantitys. So having offices located their is not always a bad thing.

What has hurt the economy the most has been the uncontrolled acces to loans which people could not afford. Then the blaming of everyone else but themselves.
The concessions made by the AWU is small in comparision to what they should have done. All these people can think about is themselves, and how much money and benifits they will loose. Guess what! they make real decent money and awesome benifits which are close to the number one position for all companys if not even the goverment.
Yet their concessions have failed in comparison to actually loosing a job or even a company. If they really are the backbone of America they would have allowed more room for the bargaining. Instead they are whining they have to make a few pension payments and a loose a few benifits.

Where I work I pay my own pension, pay halve my own benifits and spend weeks away at a time from my friends and family working in far more dangerous and stressfull situations then the auto workers yet they still get it better.
The only back bone of the American society is Food, water and natural resources. If an auto plant or two goes under some one will pick it up when the time is right. If the food industry goes under people will actually starve.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:17 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
That's The Way To Tell It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-14-2009, 08:20 PM

Most of your Defence research comes from Canada, then you guys refine is and claim it as your own. The Stryker armoured vehicle is actually the Canadian Lav3 with out the turret which your goverment refused to contribute to in the R&D phase. Untill such time as it saved lives in Afganistan, then our Canadian orders got put on the side so the manufacture GM Canada could build them for the US Military. Then in order to maintain the sales of the vehicle GM Canada had to ship the majority of the manufacturing jobs south of our border to fullfill US employment requirments.

We lost out big, yet you guys gained enormous.

Dont't cry the job protection loss blues to me. This is one example of recent Canadian losses to the US.
Blame yourself for your own problems, don't blame everyone else.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by 03 ant a hemi
Most of your Defence research comes from Canada, then you guys refine is and claim it as your own. The Stryker armoured vehicle is actually the Canadian Lav3 with out the turret which your goverment refused to contribute to in the R&D phase
Sorry, but not only are you a poor writer, but you're factually mistaken as well. Most DoD research does NOT come from Canada. We do the bulk of it down here in the U.S. Ever heard of the Future Combat System aka FCS? FCS is a major new system-of-systems modular design approach to combat vehicle design being done here in the U.S. Unlike FCS, Stryker is not a built from-the-ground-up system.

General Dynamics is a U.S.-based company that has manufacturing capabilities in several countries. Sure we do get Strykers from Canada, which BTW, the USMC has been using a similar variant, the LAV-25 (aka LAV-I), which, like the LAV-III, is based on the Swiss MOWAG Pirhanna. Your LAV-III is a version of a version. I guess that makes the Stryker variants many versions of a version of a version. http://www.gdls.com/
Old 03-15-2009, 08:32 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Luke S

Definitely a start. I hope other companies will follow suit. Good to see you here again by the way.

Quick Reply: Chrysler customer service coming back to the states.