Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Christmas Reunion Gab and goodies Room Dec 22 - 28

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 04:38 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Christmas Reunion Gab and goodies Room Dec 22 - 28

Hot doggies, Christmas is almost here, gang. I cleaned the place up, put up a little tree in the corner, I did NOT hang an mistletoe - - no way, Jose. Fresh Coffee, Ph00, hot water and wonderful hot cider - - yummie - - you can smell it when you walk in. Christmas assorted goodies are on the counter. Check under the tree to see if Santa left anything for you.

OK, off to get my day up and running. Have a great one and

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!! AND TO ALL, A - - - A - - - NO, YOU CANNOT GO BACK TO BED - - - A GOOD DAY - - THERE, THAT WILL WORK.

Bob
Old 12-22-2013, 06:23 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
- - you can smell it when you walk in.
Fiver's breakroom is just like Macy's... 'your fragrance destination'.

It is Sunday, December 22nd.

1775 - A Continental naval fleet was organized in the rebellious American colonies under the command of Ezek Hopkins.

1864 - During the American Civil War, Union Gen. William T. Sherman sent a message to U.S. President Lincoln from Georgia. The message read, "I beg to present you as a Christmas gift the city of Savannah."

1895 - German physicist Wilhelm Röntgen made the first X-ray, of his wife's hand.

1910 - U.S. Postal savings stamps were issued for the first time. They were discontinued in 1914.

1939 - Gloria Jacobs became the first girl to hold a world pistol record when she shot 299 out of a possible 300 points. She was 17 years old at the time.

1941 - British Prime Minister Winston Churchill arrived in Washington for a wartime conference with U.S. President Franklin Roosevelt.

1961 - James Davis became the first U.S. soldier to die in Vietnam, while U.S. involvement was still limited to the provision of military advisers.

1984 - New York City resident Bernhard Goetz shot four black youths on a Manhattan subway. Goetz claimed they were about to rob him.

1991 - The body of Lt. Col. William R. Higgins, an American hostage murdered by his captors, was found along a highway in Lebanon.

1998 - A unit of RJR Nabsico pled guilty to attempting to smuggle cigarettes into Canada.

Today's thought:
When a person assists a criminal in breaking the law before the criminal gets arrested, we call him an accomplice. When a person assists a criminal in breaking the law after the criminal gets arrested, we call him a defense lawyer.

Bob, I think when people refer to hot cider, they're talking about it's actual temperature, not the amount of cayenne pepper in it.

TOB&F today PLEASE!It DOES work!
Old 12-22-2013, 07:35 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greeting Scottkwa and Bobbends.

I rebuilt my drivers seat with some new foam.
Isn't that exciting!
who sprayed the breakroom with pine sol?

Ho Ho Ho time to go.

Hanyday
Old 12-22-2013, 07:39 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Morning All!. Fantastic Tree, Thanks! The Big family gathering is today because of schedules. Kids asleep all over the house. The better Half said she expects about 20 other people today. After grumbling and playing "Walter", I finally made a huge double batch of P-nut butter cookies. You know, that made it ok. I put a plate on the counter, help yourself.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:40 AM
Urban Legend

Morning all
I don't normally stop in last time I think I stepped in something, but did want to say Merry Christmas yes that right I said it and I hope it offended some Muslim somewhere .

I think Jake has peed on the tree looks a little wet over there . Have a good day.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Originally Posted by bigfoot
I think Jake has peed on the tree looks a little wet over there . Have a good day.
Umm Bigfoot, that was likley Chaikwa. Jake is the better behaved half of that family.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:51 AM

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
Morning kids. Cheap trick moving the dumpster near the door. It's covering up the smell of the cider and goodies.
Going to head into town and work on the Jeep some more and let the snow pack thaw.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:23 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Afternoon, all.

Had meet and greet for Sunday School this morning, Angie made these sausage bites... ground breakfast sausage, cream cheese, bisquick, regular cheddar, formed them into *****, then baked them. They're like a sausage biscuit, but better. mmm...

Nothing much going on in the madhat world. Hope everyone has a safe and merry Christmas.

No Mo Ho.... humbug.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey, still smells good in here. Yummy. Good day in church and new people in my Sunday School class. Fun. The blonde arrives in less than 12 hours - - hot didgity dog. Sure missed her. Gotta be sweeter to her and let her know how special she is - - we can get forgetful and sloppy in that. Shame on us. Important.

OK, grabbing cider and out of here - - uuuhhhh, YEH - - CIDER. Ph00ey on the ph00 with cider around. .....................
Old 12-22-2013, 01:59 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Afternoon.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:23 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Evening all back over at girlfriends house for a day or so everything at my house is ready for the kids to show up at noon on Christmas day.

I heard Santa is replacing reideer with 2 5.9 Cummins to power his trip this year.

everybody have a good evening.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:26 PM

1820 - The state of Missouri enacted legislation to tax bachelors between the ages of 21-50 for being unmarried. The tax was $1 a year.
I'd be as likely to pay that as to buy obamacare.
NE farmhand, 8:30 bedtime means 1. you weren't alone or 2. you busted a body part today. faxing you some fresh women...
Let me go buy a fax machine. Like I'd even remember what to do when they got here.
I was really tired. Can't even remember why. Probably stayed up too late Wednesday. And Tuesday. And Monday. I notice I tend to do that around the full moon. Doesn't get dark out and I don't get sleepy til I get to where I can almost hardly function.
Oh mercy - -I will be outside all night and day watching with the hand held watching for it - - - - -NOT. You couldn't find me if you wanted to. I have camoed the house, the truck, the RV isn't here but hidden elsewhere. I have a new radiant barrier that distorts all seeking signals and points them back to the origination point. So careful where you launch from - - you will be eating it a little while later. ...................................
That's easy, you live in Florida. All we need is a video camera and a live feed back to base and we just look for the spot where a house should be.

What's this under the tree? Saw gas? And a chain!! YAY! I don't have to stop at the hardware before I can cut some more firewood Wednesday. Yeah, I know, exciting, huh? I'm getting to not like the holidays more every year.

Do have a combination Christmas/New Years party to go to next week.

Went to the new bar in McCook last night. Friends I don't see much anymore were there. Captain Morgan is 4 flippin bucks but they do mix it strong. Didn't really like it but the bar maids didn't really get around the entire place too much and 2 of the 4 people behind the bar didn't do much.

Gotta go back to court tomorrow. Hopefully they don't get too mad when they only get 150 of the $373 I owe yet. I need 2 oil changes, 4 tires, a transmission service, exhaust system, chainsaw muffler, chain, and chain cover, that aren't happening because the state treats someone with a CDL as a cash cow and writes tickets in the name of "safety", when I was within 2 MPH of the speed limit the whole trip and the friggin cop that stopped me covered 3 city blocks in the time I covered one, and almost ran through a stop sign and into the nose of the truck to stop me.

Been kinda crabby lately. Think it is because of this:
I'm getting to not like the holidays more every year.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:59 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, if it wasn't for G=kids and stuff I would just as soon skip most of Christmas stuff.
Now New Years is a good holiday. Bon Fires, Fireworks, Firewater and slabs of meat cooked over Fire.

Originally Posted by madhat
Angie made these sausage bites...
I have made similar but not with the cream cheese. Sounds like its what I need to make em a little less dry and tastier.

Watched the Seahawks lose today with the kids. I tried to look unhappy.
Nothing going on here. Everybody is doing well.
Hope the rest of you are doing as good.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:34 PM

I forgot to mention, it being dark at 530 doesn't help, either. At least seasonal depression isn't seeming to be coming on. Two more weeks and I'll notice the days getting longer again!!!
Old 12-22-2013, 07:43 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark
I have made similar but not with the cream cheese. Sounds like its what I need to make em a little less dry and tastier.
Message me if you want the recipe, buddy!

Quick Reply: Christmas Reunion Gab and goodies Room Dec 22 - 28