Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Christmas came early - got a deal

Old 12-15-2003, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Christmas came early - got a deal

Sometimes things just coincidentally occur in a most propitious manner - I have been debating replacing my soft tonneau cover for several months. The weather has taken its toll and then - forgetful me - I left the rear bow on the back one night when I couldn't stretch the cover to snap it on. Next morning off to work I go. Went out to stretch the cover out at lunch and realized the bow was gone :'( Called and found out that a new rear bow and replacement cover were going to be $160 + shippping :'( (me) >wife)

Put off ordering for several weeks. Didn't want to spend the grand or so for a rolltop cover that I really want right here before Christmas and so figured I was resigned to replace the soft cover. Ran across another CTD owner, ended up fixing his starter and fuel lines for him, and he told me of another CTDer that had a hard cover that he wasn't using anymore.

Come to find out the cover was for a Flame Red '96 long bed - a perfect match. $200 and now it is resting comfortably on the back of my 96. Little brother saw it and commented that it was worn and faded just enough to match the rest of the truck's finish - don't know if that was a compliment or not.

The wife even approved the expenditure 8)

Merry Christmas, Y'all (Southern Seasons Greetings)
Have a Cool Yule, Dude (West Coast version)
BAH HUMBUG (Northern Tier version)
White Christmas ??!! Heck, White Halloween (Canuck version)