Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Chip Your Pets

Old 11-20-2010, 10:09 AM
Cummins Guru

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts
Chip Your Pets

Please folks if you love your pets have them chipped so this will never happen to yours. This dog was a war hero but because the pet owner did not have a collar or chip on the dog she was euthanized. The worker was fired for not following proper procedure. I have both dogs and cats and they are all chipped. It's not painful to your pet and takes one second to insert chip.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/20...est=latestnews
Old 11-20-2010, 10:23 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
County said the employee mistakenly took the pet out of its pen and euthanized it.

Some one did not follow protocol so they should have no responsibility?

I have over 600' of 4' chain link fence in my back yard just for my dogs, once in a while one of my kids would not close the gate properly and they would "escape". Sometimes I would now immediately and with a simple whitle they would come right back. Other times we would not know till they were on the front porch waiting to come in. I believe in an earlier article that I read on this it stated that it was a fenced in yard. Crap happens, shame on the county kennel for acting to hastily.

My vet has been trying to get me to chip my dogs, just have not done it yet. No real excuse as to why not, just that they are trained to obey and they do, for the most part. They are fully tagged though.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:28 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigIron70
Please folks if you love your pets have them chipped so this will never happen to yours. This dog was a war hero but because the pet owner did not have a collar or chip on the dog she was euthanized. The worker was fired for not following proper procedure. I have both dogs and cats and they are all chipped. It's not painful to your pet and takes one second to insert chip.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/20...est=latestnews
I dont think a chip would have mattered in this case.
with the attitude that person had, they prolly wouldn't have checked for a chip. just do the deed.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Cummins Guru

There needs to be changes to how and when these dogs are euthanized. One employee should never be in charge over this. There needs to be changes to their procedure for sure. I just hope they make these changes nation wide to prevent this from ever happening again.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:14 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Its sad that a pet that has been a loyal working dog.
There are alot of great pets that get picked up and euthanized every day that are just a loyal to their owner. These pets go unnoticed by the media. Its nice tho to see some attention brought to the abuses of the system.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:30 AM

My lab got chipped on his 1st visit to the vet after we picked him up from the breeder.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:49 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My cat has a Smarty and her MPG and Horse Power did not go up a bit!!!
Old 11-20-2010, 05:51 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by BigIron70
One employee should never be in charge over this.
Its my understanding that most shelters require two employees to check off before euthanization can occur. Its truly sad it didnt happen in this case.

Originally Posted by ramlovingvet
My cat has a Smarty and her MPG and Horse Power did not go up a bit!!!
She may not have it plugged into the right port.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:56 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Originally Posted by Bark
She may not have it plugged into the right port.
I tried the other port now I need stiches
Old 11-20-2010, 09:52 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

LoL!! Hope we didnt Hijack the thread. It was a serious subject after all. If I ever do get another pet (I cant handle them getting old and dying before me) I am going to get it chipped.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:18 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
OK I took your advise about "chipping' pets today.... I decided to do a nice thing for my neighbors so I tossed them all in my chipper shredder.... Now what am I supposed to do? I didn't read the whole thing before starting? They are chipped, whats next?
Old 11-21-2010, 09:24 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
OK I took your advise about "chipping' pets today.... I decided to do a nice thing for my neighbors so I tossed them all in my chipper shredder.... Now what am I supposed to do? I didn't read the whole thing before starting? They are chipped, whats next?
No wonder the cats chewed off your break line....
Old 11-21-2010, 09:33 AM

TOO FUNNY LARY !!!!!!

I have a bunch of ferile cats hanging around, wanna come and chip them?? Would I get a group discount??

CD
Old 11-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Cummins Guru

No wonder the cats chewed off your break line....
You owe me a new monitor and keyboard for that one!
Old 11-21-2010, 06:35 PM

Um, as I understand it, there is no maintenance required after chipping. Its supposed to last a life time. Can I borrow your chipper?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chip Your Pets