Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Canada to support war on Iraq...!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canada to support war on Iraq...!

After much debate in the House of Commons and public pressure, Canada has decided to support the US attack on Iraq. We will be immediately sending two destroyers, 5000 ground troops, and a squadron of CF18s to the Middle East. It should be noted, however, that after the appropriate Can/USA conversion, this equates to two canoes, five Mounties, and a flock of trained Canada geese. <br><br>On a serious note. Unfortunately, the more Canadians that think military force is now the only option, the less likely our pompous Prime Minister is to take action.
Old 03-20-2003, 12:20 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Re:Canada to support war on Iraq...!

The canoes leak and The mounties only have side arms, It is up to the geese to s**t on Saddam's head...<br><br>Here's wishing your troups a speedy victory, and the only casualty being Sadam...
Old 03-20-2003, 02:07 AM

Dealseeker &amp; Westcoaster, thanks for your humor and support.<br>
Old 03-20-2003, 03:34 AM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles

[quote author=dealseeker link=board=10;threadid=12513;start=0#118283 date=1048135804]<br>On a serious note. Unfortunately, the more Canadians that think military force is now the only option, the less likely our pompous Prime Minister is to take action. <br>[/quote]<br><br>Isn't that the truth? Like most people, I heavily support peaceful resolution to conflict, but in this case its too bloody late for it. I know the US and Canada often have conflicts over imports/exports, but the last time I looked, we were still close chums than most countries. Its time we threw in our meager resources and helped out.<br><br>Rod
Old 03-20-2003, 05:29 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks for the support. 8)
Old 03-20-2003, 08:39 AM

Thanks guys for the support...<br> Oh I forgot...have they decided to send in the 'blue sheep'. Right now the US has the Green Berets,Rangers and Seals...<br> Just a thought... <br><br> Again your neighbors to the south really appreciate your support..<br><br>Rick
Old 03-20-2003, 10:47 AM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles

[quote author=rharveysr link=board=10;threadid=12513;start=0#118352 date=1048171146]<br> Oh I forgot...have they decided to send in the 'blue sheep'. [/quote]<br><br>Nah, the Blue Sheep Brigade was disbanded years ago. They were just too danged mean.<br><br>Besides, when it rained, they gave off an awful smell. Nobody else wanted to fight beside 'em.<br><br>Rod
Old 03-20-2003, 02:46 PM

Can there ever be a sheep joke that doesnt involve Rod, Gonzo and beds?
Old 03-20-2003, 02:58 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

SEALS or PENGUINS. SEALS OR PENGUINS. hmmmmm<br><br>The real sad part is we have more submarines at the West Edmonton mall and they cannot find the drain plug to let them out. <br><br>Our passive gov gets to me sometimes. Always on the fence, starts to hurt after awhile. :'(<br><br>I was in the USA in 91' and had my mutilated Saddam doll on the antenna.<br><br>I see some glass factories coming very soon.<br><br>Gonzo, lets go!<br>Oh yeah, you and Rod have a thing going on. <br><br>Top, lets go!
Old 03-20-2003, 03:35 PM

As a former member of the forces up here, I'd gladly serve alongside y'all over there. And I wouldn't be surprised if some of our boys are &quot;attached&quot; to your units - unofficially of course <br><br>Godspeed
Old 03-20-2003, 06:22 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

We yanks appreciate the words, thoughts and prayers of our northern good neighbors. I have lots of kissin' cousins up there (of course they get really smart every winter and head down here to Florida). Look to your east - - what language was that they speak over there - - I just can't remember. ??? ??? Oh yeh, French.
Old 03-20-2003, 06:34 PM

During my military career I was attached to NORAD and worked shoulder to shoulder with many fine Canadian Forces members. I have nothing but the greatest respect for these fine gentlemen and feel certain there is great anguish amongst them. Let's not forget that if it weren't for our Canadian neighbors, the Iran hostage incident many years ago would have had a different ending.

~Dave

Quick Reply: Canada to support war on Iraq...!