Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

CA sues automakers for greenhouse gasses

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CA sues automakers for greenhouse gasses

Of course, why wouldn't I expect anything less from the land of fruits and nuts? I'm ashamed that I'm a native of that state sometimes...

Gee - maybe the automakers should just stop selling their cars in the state... Just raise taxes more and everyone will be forced to use public transportation. Ahhhh - just like the crazy wackos that run the state want it.

And Arnold went along with this? Geez - his re-election prospects must be in the crapper.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...src=rss&rpc=22
Old 09-20-2006, 02:06 PM
Chapter President

Seems to me that CA has had the toughest polution laws forever. I mean making people with old 50's cars have polution equipment? Now they are blaming the auto manufacturers? Sounds like CA is out of money and is on that sue happy binge going around America. Question is, do the vehicles sold in the state meet the required standards for the state? Yes, soooooooooo,
how are the manufacturers to blame? Not standing up for them...just confused?
Old 09-20-2006, 03:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually CA should sue the owners of the cars & Trucks? They are the ones doing the pollution. Then you got outdoor grills, fireplaces, restaurants, cigars & cigaretts. I think cow emit gasses also... sue them too.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Foxborough
Actually CA should sue the owners of the cars & Trucks? They are the ones doing the pollution. Then you got outdoor grills, fireplaces, restaurants, cigars & cigaretts. I think cow emit gasses also... sue them too.
Didn't ireland or some place like that actually tax the farmers per cow for the gasses that the cows emit?
Old 09-20-2006, 05:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hmmm...I can see it now, Kalifornia with no cars or electricity. Great, more fuel for us!!

MikeyB
Old 09-20-2006, 05:36 PM
Banned

No kidding. That would be a TON of fuel saved.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:38 AM

I guess anybody can sue for anything now...Can I sue CA for making me listen to their stupidity? DON'T let this go political or it will be closed...
Old 09-21-2006, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by PanteraGSTK
I guess anybody can sue for anything now...Can I sue CA for making me listen to their stupidity? DON'T let this go political or it will be closed...
Yes, please don't turn this political.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:50 AM
Chapter President

Don't worry about CA, their all moving to Tennessee!! The cost of living and all that hardly anyone can afford to live there anymore, except showbiz folks...
Old 09-21-2006, 12:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dodgeguy71
Don't worry about CA, their all moving to Tennessee!! The cost of living and all that hardly anyone can afford to live there anymore, except showbiz folks...
No they're coming to Arkansas with $$$$ and paying top dollar for property and driving up the prices.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:53 PM

Red face another tax

as soon as the mfr's have to pay, the price of vehicles in cali will sky rocket. they will still have vehicles available for a while. until the dealers go bankrupt.

i wonder how many more companies will leave the state.....

stop nafta and bring good paying jobs back to the u.s. of a.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:15 AM

Yes it's like here in Vancouver, B. C. We have some very highly educated politicians, board members, city council members and so on. Someone or a few people decided they didn't like the smell coming from resturants. So they wanted them all to have extensive air filtration systems to remove any oder from the grills and eating areas plus no more outside eating. This went on for a year at a cost of more then a few million dollars. Well no system in place and these people are still in power forever. No money returned and the last question to the general people was that most liked the smells from the resturants.
We are now a society controlled by the few and not the many.