Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Break room June 25 to July 1

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 11:04 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Break room June 25 to July 1

Another month winds down and a new one is soon to begin. If you are wondering why the break room looks like a wedding reception is because a caterer got lost and I took advantage of a bunch of free food. The dragon liked the top of the cake.
Get to see a little sunshine through the clouds for a few days, then back to more rainy days.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:48 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Boy, the breakroom looks like a freshly painted/remodeled room. Must have no traffic. Soooo, I put on a small pot of coffee and one of ph00. Claude couldn't make it either, so no brewed tea, but did put some water on the stove on low ferya.

Off to optometrist and pick up my new glasses and off to lunch with inlaws. Wonderful Amish restaurant with specialty being Peanut Butter Pie - it is horrible - - uuuhhhhh, madam, please bring me another piece of pie. Thank you.

Old 06-26-2017, 12:52 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Quick, eat the pie, Bob, before you shrivel up and blow away!

And thanks for the coffee. Hit the spot.

Gotta keep goin'.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:29 AM

Well, at least one person dropped by yesterday for the coffee. Will try a small pot again, and one of ph00 (of course). Left you a nice big apple fritter, J.

Just came in from a nice bike ride of about 9 miles. Gorgeous out there even if a big sticky. Did not see the coyote this morning - - he/she has been seen most every day around one of the areas I covered. Pretty big critter - - would not want him chasing my legs around the pedals. ...............

Off to grab breakfast - - the blonde is up and gorgeous, so will go keep her company. sniff sniff - - uh, maybe better drop by the shower first. YEH.............

Old 06-27-2017, 08:42 AM

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,576 Posts
Stopped by and pet the dragon while I had my black tea with a small shot of maple syrup
Now I am off to spend some time with my daughter who is on summer vacation.

Be good all and enjoy the day.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:08 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Fresh Coffee and Phoo on plus a couple hot cherry pies right out of the oven. Ice cream in the freezer come and get it!
Old 06-28-2017, 12:46 AM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey y'all. Been away a while, but still poking around here and there when I get a signal. Back in the patch, west Texas this time.

Wanted to send a BIG thank you to Top for helping out with the power hammer. My step father was diagnosed with cancer so the endeavor was short lived. He is ok now, but had to down size things and is focused on fishing.

Thanks to all who walked me through my first manual alignment. 4000 miles later, tires are as true as when new. Who knew all I needed was some string, my tape, and a couple wrenches. Love these trucks.

Sure do miss you guys and will try to stop in from time to time. Please be well, don't forget to feed the dragon and keep the Ph00 hot!!
Old 06-28-2017, 05:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sure it quiet around here. Dragon sleeping on top of the wedding cake. Donuts dozing on the counter. Sampled the homemade ice cream. Yum!! Started a fresh pot for whoever comes in next.

Wandered into the 12 valve forum late last night hoping to find someone who could advise me on a rear end rebuild or upgrade. If you see anyone with expertise in that area, send them over to that forum please. Looked pretty lonely on there. Tried to answer a question or two before I wandered in here.

Seems like the older I get, the more I have to do to keep these old trucks on the road. Guess they're getting older too.

Well, off to work for another day. Keep the shiny side up and the tires between the ditches.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:53 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by wyododge
Hey y'all. Been away a while, but still poking around here and there when I get a signal. Back in the patch, west Texas this time.

Wanted to send a BIG thank you to Top for helping out with the power hammer. My step father was diagnosed with cancer so the endeavor was short lived. He is ok now, but had to down size things and is focused on fishing.

Thanks to all who walked me through my first manual alignment. 4000 miles later, tires are as true as when new. Who knew all I needed was some string, my tape, and a couple wrenches. Love these trucks.

Sure do miss you guys and will try to stop in from time to time. Please be well, don't forget to feed the dragon and keep the Ph00 hot!!
can you point me to the alignment thread?
last time I had a shop do mine, nothing changed. It still pulled to the rt even after new tires and front end checked out. Then they didn't tighten the jamb nuts and my steering wheel ended up clocked at a 45 degree angle.
its not a hard pull, just slight. Would be nice to resolve. Tire wear is normal.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty
can you point me to the alignment thread?
Voalla - I have the secret to getting our members back in the breakroom. Change the name to "Secrets to Keeping Your Truck on the Road."

Wow, two old members back in the breakroom yesterday. Missed you both. We need an update, Scott - - what is the latest on what is going on with you?

Put on fresh ph00 and coffee to get the day up and running. Now I can grab mine and get to work. Lots going on down here, so no time to doddle around. Y'all be good.

......................................Ph00...................Yahoo... ................
Old 06-28-2017, 11:01 AM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning fellow DTRotarions,

TALKING ABOUT KEEPING OLD TRUCKS ONN THE ROAD <my son is a good mechanic (THEIR NOW CALLED TECHNICIANS, WHICH IS HIS TRADE ) HE IS REWIRING MY OLD TRUCK TAKING CARE OF OLD CRODED WIRES IN THE HARNIS & HAS SENT OUT THE CPM TO BE REFURBISHED ,I`M SURE SHE WILL BE PERKING GREAT SOON

CLAUDE
Bob thanks for the hot tea water , munchies were great .
Old 06-28-2017, 01:21 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I'm still alive.
still trying to get my carcass back to feeling good after the meds.
mayo Clinic will have my files now and next move is reconstruction.
really need to get feeling better before another round of surgery.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:28 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I am still kicking as well though not as high as before.....Going to see if Scotty and I can get a group rate deal at Mayo Clinic
Old 06-28-2017, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I am still kicking as well though not as high as before.....Going to see if Scotty and I can get a group rate deal at Mayo Clinic
HORRORS!!!! No way that place could handle the two of you at the same time - - no way Jose. ................................................ ....

Good to hear both of you are in the mend. Miss you around here. Dragon is very unhappy and grouchy.

Time for refill..............................
Old 06-29-2017, 03:37 PM

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,576 Posts
It might be a little late for a pot of coffee.
Soooo, I left some pizza and beer on the counter. I had a beer with the dragon and I am off to tinker on the old Dodge.
The Carlisle Mopar show is fast approaching and I go a punch list of stuff to wrap up to be ready for the 1000+ mile round trip.

Quick Reply: Break room June 25 to July 1