Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Boaters question?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The only thing that boat needs is a concrete boat cover!!
Old 04-30-2007, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man I've skied and boarded behind fishing boats, competion boats. jet skiis whatever... Doing that to a nice ski boat that used to put out the perfect wake for speeding through a slalom course... Just wrong... Save that crap for the IOs
Old 04-30-2007, 08:01 PM
DTR question asker

Originally Posted by Hoss
The only thing that boat needs is a concrete boat cover!!
Or you could fill the bilge with concrete.... great ballast and no need to worry about a bilge pump if no water can get in there!
Old 04-30-2007, 08:08 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Are those black things on the rack speakers? WOW!

Those toes are attached to feet that don't need skis!
Old 04-30-2007, 11:18 PM

Wow, I thought boats were used for fun on the water... It probably suits their needs perfect. I think it would be kind of fun to have that set-up. I definitely wouldn't want to ski behind it all the time... But to each their own!
Old 04-30-2007, 11:34 PM

its freakin awesome
Old 05-01-2007, 07:43 AM

Its freakin ugly, what a shame to do to a thouroghbred of a ski boat, might be a little bias here, on my second master craft some of the flatest wake for sking!
Old 05-01-2007, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by torkmnstr
Its freakin ugly, what a shame to do to a thouroghbred of a ski boat, might be a little bias here, on my second master craft some of the flatest wake for sking!
ditto!....
Old 05-01-2007, 10:00 AM

I'll agree with the others that say it's a shame to do that to a boat. In fact, it's a shame to rig any boat for anything other than fishing, but to each his own I suppose.

One of my biggest pet peeves on the water is idiots on jet skis and ski boats that come flying by you when you're trying to fish. No respect at all for others on the water. One of these days I'm going to snag someone's ear with a 3/4 ounce slab.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:04 AM

I'll agree with the others that say it's a shame to do that to a boat. In fact, it's a shame to rig any boat for anything other than fishing, but to each his own I suppose.

One of my biggest pet peeves on the water is idiots on jet skis and ski boats that come flying by you when you're trying to fish. No respect at all for others on the water. One of these days I'm going to snag someone's ear with a 3/4 ounce slab.

What's really annoying is to have a fishing boat sit right smack in the middle of the best ski cove on the lake
Almost as bad as a jet skier or fishing boat tearing up the water before I start my run!
Old 05-01-2007, 11:36 AM

A 21 ft. bass boat doing 70 mph doesn't make much of a wake. That shouldn't tear "your" water up too bad.

Jet skiers are by far the worst. Most ski boats pretty much stay away from fisherman and vice versa, but jet skiers just don't seem to care (realizing of course that some jet skiers actually DO care and not lumping all of them into the "idiot" category).

Still, boats are for fishing.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:41 AM

doesn't matter if it is a fishing boat, ski boat, jet ski, or a canoe. There are enuf morons out there that you always find one that has no respect for others or any boaters etique.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:45 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the guys who will come screaming up to you while your anchored, with divers in teh water, bouncing your boat off the rocks a few times, to ask " whats that mean" ( pointing at your "DIVER DOWN " flag.........)
or " are you guys going to be here long"??

worked with an instructor who yanked a guys motor off the back of his boat and dropped it, told him we would be there till we found it....

of course it can be fun when teh fishermen come in... you can realy play with them!
Old 05-01-2007, 01:12 PM

Hey lets not lump all of us in one boat Hoss I have always given wide berth to fishers and it I cant I slow it down for them so they dont get waked out , I do agree that the jet skis aka lake lice don't have a clue when it comes to boating ediquette! My pet peeve is when Im pulling and I have someone right on my tail!!! If my skier drops, man bad news, remember to keep the distance when you see someone pulling !!!
Old 05-01-2007, 04:17 PM

I dont have a problem with jetskiers jumping my wake while cruising, bit of entertainment provided they keep their distance... Now while I'm pulling or being pulled, that's another story... Ticks me off to no end. Was actually pulling my mom on a slalom and a stand up ski cut in front of her over her ski!!! Have the marks on the ski to prove it!!! Ran that guy down and gave him a bit of a 'talking to'

Quick Reply: Boaters question?!?!?!?