Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.
View Poll Results: Big XII Team of Choice
Oklahoma State Cowboys
4.00%
Texas Tech Red Raiders
6.67%
Kansas Jayhawks
1.33%
Colorado Buffalos
5.33%
Nebraska Cornhuskers
14.67%
Missouri Tigers
6.67%
Iowa State Cyclones
0%
Texas Longhorns
26.67%
Texas A&M Aggies
30.67%
Oklahoma Sooners
4.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Big XII Fans?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A&M to me is a cult school. I don't have a problem with tradition and school spirit, but A&M takes it to a whole new level. And the whole aggie network thing is a joke. I've seen it fail on many occasions so I don't put much credit in it. Not to mention that it's not near as strong today as it was 15-20 years ago. The corp is a joke. It's all about the hazing now and nobody takes them seriously. Midnight yell is nothing more than another excuse to get drunk. I also hate the fact that you are looked down upon and criticized for liking another school other than A&M. I also have to laugh at them because they are raising tuition another $100-150/hr of class because of rising fuel costs. That means roughly another $13,000,000 for the school for rising fuel costs? Please. Let's not even get started on sports.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BigBlue
I also have to laugh at them because they are raising tuition another $100-150/hr of class because of rising fuel costs. That means roughly another $13,000,000 for the school for rising fuel costs?
So how much is their credit hour rate now? My wife's graduate courses are costing us just over $200 an hour right now at OSU. Thanks goodness she will have her PhD by the fall or daddy won't be getting any more toys for a long time. They are killing us! T-Bone just gave OSU $165 Million and we still have to raise tuition! What a crock! And I doubt if ya'll Texans know about OSU buying up around 300 houses north of campus to build a new sports complex. The city of Stillwater is in an uproar. Eminent Domain they say! Ya. That'll fly.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:46 PM

MMMMMM- Freebirds.

4x4 Dually- No bandwagon here. Bob Stoops, John Blake, Howard Schnellenberger(sp?), Barry Switzer, Cant't rember, Bud Wilkinson.

See ya at Bedlam 06
Old 03-01-2006, 06:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 4x4dually
So how much is their credit hour rate now? My wife's graduate courses are costing us just over $200 an hour right now at OSU. Thanks goodness she will have her PhD by the fall or daddy won't be getting any more toys for a long time. They are killing us! T-Bone just gave OSU $165 Million and we still have to raise tuition! What a crock! And I doubt if ya'll Texans know about OSU buying up around 300 houses north of campus to build a new sports complex. The city of Stillwater is in an uproar. Eminent Domain they say! Ya. That'll fly.
I think my roommate paid $2-2500 this semester for 15 hours. Don't quote me though.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:03 PM

I'll hate ya... bleedin' purple here

GO WILDCATS!!!!!
Old 03-01-2006, 09:14 PM

I'm all Cornhusker here.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:47 PM

100% TEXAS A&M HERE. Graduated Class of 01'. As far as it being a cult school, hardly. We have a lot of stuff to get people involved and meet other people. There is also a lot of school pride just like the rest of the schools out there. You can't tell me the T.U. people out there don't think their school is the best and give anybody in the area a hard time for supporting another team, especially the Aggies. The Aggie Network works pretty good too. It got my Mechanical Engineering job by using the network. The corp people are definitely a different breed, but I think they are good for tradition. Some people may not be big on tradition, but I think it is good to have. Our football team hasn't been great the last couple of years, but baseball, softball, Tennis, and even our mens basket ball team this year may go to the big dance. So as far as every sport sucking, that is not true. I think Big Blue is just jaded because he grew up in Bryan right next to Texas A&M and has heard nothing but A&M his entire life and has seen the fanatics.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:32 AM
Banned

Actually I grew up in Sugar Land. All of my friends go to A&M, almost everyone I graduated and talk to go to A&M. I just have a different view of it. Maybe it's because my judgement isn't clouded by the traditional A&M haze. Don't get me wrong though. A&M is a great school. I highly respect it. I just don't care for some of their stuff.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:13 AM

I assumed by your name Big Blue that you went to bryan because I always see the bryan high school students wearing shirts that say "Go Big Blue". I can respect that a lot more than A&M just sucks. The traditions that some people love about the school are also what causes some people to hate it. I enjoyed most of the traditions, but there are some that a goofy.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:14 AM
Banned

Pleased Aggie Fans?

How many Aggie fans are smilin' big at the Longhorns today? How 'bout a little basketball upset? I know we, OSU, are the most inconsistant, young, stupid (or we'd have bet OU at Lloyd Noble ) team out there, but it made my day to bet the Longhorns at home! I'm sure the Aggies are feelin' great today!
Old 03-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mkelly9779
I assumed by your name Big Blue that you went to bryan because I always see the bryan high school students wearing shirts that say "Go Big Blue". I can respect that a lot more than A&M just sucks. The traditions that some people love about the school are also what causes some people to hate it. I enjoyed most of the traditions, but there are some that a goofy.
Nope. My name is big blue because my truck is big and blue. Corny I know but it's all I could think of when I signed up.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:01 PM

GO BIG RED!!!

My dad went to school with Tom Osborne...(back when the Huskers were a contender )
Old 03-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad to see that my Ags are winning this poll.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:50 AM

And the whole aggie network thing is a joke. I've seen it fail on many occasions so I don't put much credit in it. Not to mention that it's not near as strong today as it was 15-20 years ago.
Not to disagree, but I'm getting ready to start a new job that became known to me because of the "Aggie Network". Trust me, it works.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:53 AM

I think my roommate paid $2-2500 this semester for 15 hours. Don't quote me though.
Hahaha...I quoted you.

A 15 hour semester cost me $1300-$1500 when I was there, but it went up every single year (just like pretty much everything else in the world).

Quick Reply: Big XII Fans?