Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Back to School breakroom

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 06:47 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Morning Folks!

Coffee is on, Almond Mocha for Bob and goodies on the counter.....chow down and lets get the short week started!

Be safe and remember to hug your loved ones
Old 09-02-2014, 06:55 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Enjoy the coffee, just be careful.

I resent that! I made the coffee and now you are warning the rest about drinking it.
Not nice. Just because you are mad at the motor people, that is no reason to be nasty to the rest of us. Of wait, forget it. I forgot who I was talking to. Isn't nasty your second nature?
Old 09-02-2014, 08:50 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Morning Folks!

Coffee is on, Almond Mocha for Bob and goodies on the counter.....chow down and lets get the short week started!

Be safe and remember to hug your loved ones
Good morning Elder Twin.
Maddi finally caught her first fish and netted 4 awesome walleye!
Hugs all around just like when we were kids right Lary?
Old 09-02-2014, 08:58 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Originally Posted by Scotty
Good morning Elder Twin.

Good for her. Exciting eh? Now are you going to teach her how to clean and cook them?
Old 09-02-2014, 09:03 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Good for her. Exciting eh? Now are you going to teach her how to clean and cook them?
You betcha. Did that yesterday. My fillet skills are a bit rusty but the knife wasn't.
Pan fried on the bbq with garden spuds and grilled zucchini. She prepped all the fixings and watched the fish prep closely.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:14 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good morning Elder Twin.
Nothing beats watching someone catch thier first fish , it's gotta be one of life's greatest experiences

Home from Chicago, back yo the daily rut..
Had a fantastic trip tho, went to the Willis Tower( used to be the Sears Tower) and a friend if a friend got us theVIP tour and then asked if we REÀLY wanted to see how tall it was. A few dozen staircases and we were actually out on the rooftop. Amazing views , but not gonna post pics, don't want him getting jammed up for letting us do it
Took the grand daughter to Navy Pier and wàlked the riverfront for a couple hours
I highly recommend a visit to Ed Debrevics diner
If you're ever in the area...
Old 09-02-2014, 10:21 AM

Many years ago when my oldest son was about12, he hated fish and would never eat anything with fish in it. Then I took him and his younger brother, loaded them in a float plane and we flew to a bunch of remote lakes in northern Quebec. It was just the 3 of us. We went fishing for walleye and caught a bunch. Took them ashore, cleaned them, fried them up and ate them right there on the shore of the lake. My son took a few tentative bites and finished his plate. Caught more and ate more. To this day he loves fish. Both of my kids do.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:17 PM
Admin Team Leader

Well sorta.....just leave out the body slams and drop kicks that we were famous for
Old 09-02-2014, 07:19 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Well sorta.....just leave out the body slams and drop kicks that we were famous for
Seems like that would be boring. Plus no new furniture after a hug.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good evening all y'all, another night of yoga is done and DW and I got 2 jars of dill pickled cucumber slices done. Those are the first pickles of the year. I think beets are next.
Scotty, if your travels take you through the Calgary area, please let me know. We will send you home with lots of good preserves.
Top, if I thought the seal on the jars would survive air travel, I would love to send you a few quarts of pickled red onions.
Have a good evening all y'all and play safe.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:01 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Evening got to put new hub bearings in the front end these lasted 13 months. Thank God for a three year warenty from moog.

Latter
Old 09-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Top, if I thought the seal on the jars would survive air travel, I would love to send you a few quarts of pickled red onions.
I appreciate you thinking of me Sean....just one more good excuse for me to come visiting in your neck of the woods
Old 09-03-2014, 02:48 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by railroaderone
Evening got to put new hub bearings in the front end these lasted 13 months. Thank God for a three year warenty from moog.

Latter
It's getting to be that "NEW" just means Never Ever Worked. I went through the rear brakes a year ago, and knowing the bearings were over tightened when I bought the truck, I ordered new ones. Upon inspection I found the Timken bearings in use were is good shape. I left the new bearings in the box. The old ones were proven, in good shape, and statistically would likely outlast new ones.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
...just one more good excuse for me to come visiting in your neck of the woods
Heck, just stay where you're at in the comfort of your home and I'll 'send' you a pickled janitor!

Originally Posted by j_martin
The old ones were proven, in good shape, and statistically would likely outlast new ones.
That doesn't even make sense. The new ones haven't been out of the box, there-fore can't BE a statistic yet. You'd have to put them in, run them, let them fail, THEN come back and present statistics.

Evening all.

Got up early and went logging. Got 5 logs to the landing before I broke the cable. Fixed that and went back out. Then broke the saw. Fixed that and went back out. Broke a sweat and called it a day.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:52 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Heck, just stay where you're at in the comfort of your home and I'll 'send' you a pickled janitor!
While I realize what an extremely generous offer this is.....I figure one pickled old fart on the mountain is enough

Quick Reply: Back to School breakroom