Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Back form the body shop after $14k plus in repairs

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back form the body shop after $14k plus in repairs

Here it is, after I nailed a guy 2 months ago that pulled out in front of me. (nobody hurt, didn't even blow the air bags) My truck is finally home where it belongs. I spiced it up by adding a Street Scenes Bumper cover and grille, and a steel cowl hood. I also popped to have them paint my fender flares while it was in the shop. It was the highest dollar amount of job the shop had ever done. $13,000 for the insurance repair, and $1800 for what I had done to it. Thank God for insurance.

Before

After

Old 03-08-2004, 05:48 PM

looks awesome......... hard to imagine 13000 in damage though. geez thats alot.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:53 PM
Banned

WOW!!! Very nice. Did insurance pay for the hood? Usually, as long as the aftermarket product costs as much as, or less, they'll let you put what ever you want back on it.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:57 PM

Originally posted by BigBlue
WOW!!! Very nice. Did insurance pay for the hood? Usually, as long as the aftermarket product costs as much as, or less, they'll let you put what ever you want back on it.
Most of it, I had to pay for the shipping and a little more prep work, as well as the grill, had to pick up the difference in cost their too.

Doug J
Old 03-08-2004, 07:35 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Pretty cool - - very different front end. I like it.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:39 PM
Banned

Looks good from here, are you happy with the way the paint turned out? Anything you don't like?
I am asking cause mine is in the body shop now, they started on it today and should get it back in a week or so. How was the blend line? Any spots there the old and new meet, that you can see?
Old 03-08-2004, 08:29 PM
DPG

Nice looking truck! I'm surprised that the air bags didn't pop with the bumper looking like that.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:38 PM

Originally posted by y-knot
Looks good from here, are you happy with the way the paint turned out? Anything you don't like?
I am asking cause mine is in the body shop now, they started on it today and should get it back in a week or so. How was the blend line? Any spots there the old and new meet, that you can see?
They did an extremly good job matching everything up. I tried real hard to se any difference between the fresh paint on the flares and the original paint on the box today when I washed it, couldn't see a thing. They had to touch up the doors where the fenders hit the edges a little, but instead of doing a spot repair they touched the paint up on the edge, then re-clearcoated the entire doors, so thier is no paint lines, just complete panels painted.

Doug J
Old 03-08-2004, 09:05 PM

Very nice! Sounds like that shop took good care of you. Nice to hear that.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:35 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What caused it to cost so much to repair? Was there engine damage?
Old 03-09-2004, 07:01 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah, what cost so much? I had the unfortunate luck to happen into the same thing, except it was raining, I was towing a car on a flatbed, and there was a quicker stop in front of me than I could conform to. Only about 1500.00 worth or damage, and I fixed it myself.

Chris
Old 03-09-2004, 07:14 AM

isnt it weird how it never looks like allot, but it can cost so much?

What happened to the car you hit? What would have happened to the both of you if you would have had a front end replacement bumper on?

Looks like they did a great job. It is hard to find a good, honest body shop. If you do find one, stick with them, because they will stick with you. (from my own experience. )
Old 03-09-2004, 01:04 PM
Banned

I am glade to hear they did such a good job on the body work. I choose the same hood, or at least style. Mine is from Reflexions and I ordered it Thur Stylin Concepts. I like the look and only wanted a steel hood, that left me with only a few choices. The cowl induction and the viper hoods, I went with the cowl one. Man I hope it turns out as nice as yours. I didn't have any wreck or damage, so it's up to me for the whole bill.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:00 PM

Thanks guys, I was hoping you wouldn't bust me up too much for the grill, I think it kinda gives the front end a Chevy look with the 2 wide opening insted of the 4.

The majority of the damage was concentrated under the bumper, pushed the ft. axle back, broke the pitman arm off of the steering box, all steerin linkage, and control arms are new, new steering knuckles, steering dampner, pretty much everything but the center section of the axle itself. All the cooers were replaced, intercooler radiator and condenser. Core support, fan and clutch for the fan. Their was some serious moneu their as they used all new Dodge parts. And the rest was body parts, hood fender, all the complete factory bumper is under the cover, the grill and the hood. Then all the labor. The quote started out @ $8500, then went up from their as they found more wrong with it. Lucully most of the damage stayed under the truck and the engine and frame were not harmed.

The other guy was driving a '96 Cheyvy 1/2 ton. I didn't bend his frame either, I drove ofer top of it and ran the box up and into the cab.

Doug J
Old 03-09-2004, 05:12 PM

Here is a better pic of where all the damage occured.

Quick Reply: Back form the body shop after $14k plus in repairs