Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Attempt Vehicle Grand Theft

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 05:36 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Post Attempt Vehicle Grand Theft

Well a few weeks ago I was working on my computer when I heard an alarm go off so I am thinking gee that sure sounds like mine so I look over to one of my surveillance monitors and see my truck lights flashing and a car pulling away.

So I am scrambling to find my pants to find my alarm button as my wife is calling the Sheriff.

After checking all of the other 9 cameras and found it was safe I went out and checked my truck, he was only able to open the back window of my truck before he was greeted by two 40-watt 130db. Sirens with one being only inches from his head.

These sirens have so much sound pressure that they cause pain if you are closer than about 10 feet from them. I try not to let them run too long at night.

It must have been hard to run while having to holding his pants, I hate when crack heads try steal my tools for a quick fix.

Our speedy Sheriff got here in about 10 minuets and when he ask if I got a description, I handed him a printout from one of the cameras with the picture of the side of his car and then he took off to try and find him.

A few minuets later another car came and looked at the truck and took a report.

He also told me I needed to tint all of my windows so nobody can see inside to look at what I have.

This guy must have followed me from somewhere because he went right to my truck.

This also gave me an excuse to install a new alarm system with even more power.

Here is a video of the crime.

This not a good picture of the truck but you can see him if you look closely.

The camera somehow got moved and now has been repositioned to view my truck.

Jim

Old 10-28-2008, 06:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow thats scary. YOur beuatiful truck could of been damaged or something Jim!. Im glad your alarm caught him and his ears are probably screwed for life now. Tint them windows.

The weird part is he went from his car right to the bed of the truck to get the back window open, like He KNEW there was something in the cab that he wanted, like your gauges,cb,stereo. That he may have previously been checking out.

I think whoever this creep was has been checking you out for a long time and had his eye on one of your gadgets inside. Good luck trying to find him.

Brandon
Old 10-28-2008, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hahahaha! I laugh because that fool messed with the wrong guy! I bet he didn't think that "old pickup" would have a security system that would leave him deaf. Or that the house it was at would video tape every single second of his failed attempt! I hope he gets caught and sent to prison with Bubba.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:57 AM

very nice..

I also have video cameras at my place..gotta love technology
Old 10-28-2008, 10:18 AM

So do you have a switch on your tailgate, or a proximity sensor?
Old 10-28-2008, 10:24 AM

You guys are funny with all the security stuff. lol My wife gets so worked up so easy if we had any cameras she would always be watching them. If I had more land and didnt live in a gated community I would probibly get some though.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:28 AM
Chapter President

That is scary, glad it all worked out for you
Old 10-28-2008, 11:36 AM

Glad to see that your alarm works well for you. Stealing tools from a man is taking his legs out from under him. Hope you catch him. And what type of alarm do you use?
Old 10-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Banned

what sort of video monitoring system do you have? we have been entertaining the idea of getting a few...
Old 10-28-2008, 12:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah that guy already knew what he wanted from your truck, he got out and went straight for you truck. Hopefully he is partially deaf now.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:13 PM

glad he didnt take anything! but c'mon Jim can you blame the guy? (J/K) i mean you got one of the cleanest 1st gen ive ever seen! if i ever get the funds to paint my truck it'll have to be something like your color
I sure hope they catch that thief
Old 10-28-2008, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
what sort of video monitoring system do you have? we have been entertaining the idea of getting a few...

Second that. I have been thinking about getting something for the house due to things taking walks lately.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:00 PM

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts
Thanks for sharing, I'm now.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:23 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I guess I live in a good neighborhood. I walked out to my D250 that's parked on the street a few months ago on a Wednesday evening and found the keys in the ignition and the door unlocked, window down. It had been sitting like that since Saturday.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:08 PM

i rarely lock my truck, and leave the keys in it from time to time. nobody messes with it, but i have some thing better than a security system: ugliness.

Quick Reply: Attempt Vehicle Grand Theft