Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Anyone have a smoke ticket??

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 03:47 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Looks like they need more "turbo".................
Old 07-01-2005, 04:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Nuclear cooling tower...

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that is only steam coming from the nuclear plant tower. They use water to cool the ... reactor? And it puts on quite a steam show. There is supposed to be no harmful emission coming out. Let's hope so, if it were something other than steam, I believe we'd be in a mess of trouble.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:27 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
As that was a picture of Three Mile Island I'd say that was "Special" steam........
Old 07-01-2005, 07:15 PM

Originally posted by Shovelhead
Looks like they need more "turbo".................
Old 07-01-2005, 10:57 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Nuclear cooling tower...

Originally posted by JyRO
If I'm not mistaken, I believe that is only steam coming from the nuclear plant tower. They use water to cool the ... reactor? And it puts on quite a steam show. There is supposed to be no harmful emission coming out. Let's hope so, if it were something other than steam, I believe we'd be in a mess of trouble.
Actually, that thing you see the "steam", which is actually condensation, coming out of is nothing but a huge radiator (or as we call it in the business, a cooling tower) and it is all on the secondary side. The water that goes through the reactor on a PWR never touches the secondary side, it runs around in it's own primary loop. The cooling tower helps condense the steam coming out of the turbines on the secondary side and it helps keep from jacking up the river temperature.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:21 PM

Re: Re: Nuclear cooling tower...

Originally posted by Dieseldude4x4
Actually, that thing you see the "steam", which is actually condensation, coming out of is nothing but a huge radiator (or as we call it in the business, a cooling tower) and it is all on the secondary side. The water that goes through the reactor on a PWR never touches the secondary side, it runs around in it's own primary loop. The cooling tower helps condense the steam coming out of the turbines on the secondary side and it helps keep from jacking up the river temperature.
And i thought it was smoke
Old 07-01-2005, 11:30 PM

Originally posted by dezlsmkr
My main question is with all the nuclear plants, and factories dumping tons of smoke right into the air you would think they would have there hands full.
Like Dude saud, in most cases the "smoke" you see is moisture not smoke. Due to Federal Agencies like the EPA, companies are not allowed to expel smoke. There are BIG fines for environmental contriventions. I occassionally work with environmental emmissions monitoring equipment.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:45 PM

Well i think the bottom line is not how much these trucks smoke rather than how many people have them. For how long was diesel cheaper than gas? Now that diesels are coming in Tourags, Jeep Liberty's, Ect.. and just seem to me more in demand, up goes the fuel prices imagine that. Where i am at GAS: 2.05$ DIESEL: 2.26$ Hmmm C'mon now what is up with that? Everytime i drive by the gas station it is like the price of diesel goes up and gas goes down.

I wish i would meet the guy that raised diesel prices so high Just joking
Old 07-02-2005, 04:47 PM

Hmmmm? That's moisture? Guess we all need water/meth then we could say it's moisture too. Tell the cop it's a nuclear powered truck....he won't know what to say or he'll write you up for dui. In all seriousness though, there's a time and place for smoking.... as soon as the dunkin donuts opens in the morning, you've got free rein over the town.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:13 PM

FrdRdnk: You have given me a good idea i think next time i will just tell them its moisture. I just got done washing the truck i must have got the reactor wet
Old 07-05-2005, 09:40 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What Me Blow Soot
Old 07-07-2005, 11:26 AM

My truck is doing about 375rwhp with the COMP off, and it blows very very little smoke. Just exactly like a stock 2000 PowerStroke. Of course, it took alot of money to get it there.

With the COMP on,, it smokes a little before the turbo's come up...

It's all in how you setup the injector/chip/turbo combo. If you really want little smoke, it takes more than just an EDM injector, and a Ball Bearing turbo.....

Merrick
Old 07-09-2005, 04:09 AM
Tire Hater

Don't lie Merrick,

All you have to do is have a mild performance box and disconnect your turbos. You'll smoke with the best of them!
Old 08-06-2005, 11:52 PM

Excessive smoke caused me a ticket of a different sort............With my camper on my 04 3500 quad sb (12200lbs), I was outpulling a BMW 328 from a set of lights, right into a speed trap. The cop said he was going to pull the BMW over, but the huge (his term, not mine) amount of smoke coming from my truck changed his mind. - 133kph in an 80 kph zone, $290.00. oops, but worth the look on the BMW owners face.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:03 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

I'd have faught it just to brag to the judge....

Quick Reply: Anyone have a smoke ticket??