Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Anybody have experience with this website (online parts)?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody have experience with this website (online parts)?

Rockauto.com

They look like they have good prices on parts. Better than what you get over the counter at the local Dodge dealership.

I was looking for an OEM parts place online, somebody that sells the same stuff you can get at a Dodge dealership, but at a decent discount. Anybody know of one?

~Rob
Old 09-12-2005, 10:08 AM

I urchased a fuel pump for a grand Cherokee from them. They sent me the wrong one, then wouldn't exchange it or give me a refund because it was an "electrical part". That was over $100 down the drain.

Jim
Old 09-12-2005, 11:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haven't bought anything from them yet, but these guys were quick at answering queries via e-mail: http://makeitmopar.com/

That's one of my tests for unfamiliar online companies: do they respond quickly and satisfactorily to e-mail... As for prices, I haven't bought a bunch of factory parts, so I'm not sure if they're truly a lot cheaper or not.

Edit: They were cheaper, including shipping, on a backup switch for my NV5600 by ~$7. Not that much, but $7 is a 12-pack of beer so that's cool. I'll let you know how they do. Oops, forgot sales tax! Make that enough for a case of beer!
Old 09-12-2005, 12:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I ordered my crankshaft sensor from makeitmopar.com. After I placed the order they sent me an email asking if this really is the part I wanted. Guess the sensor rarely gets ordered or replaced and wanted to make sure. The part came within a couple of days and come to find out makeitmopar is a large Dodge dealer here in Houston that's about 20 miles from my house.

MikeyB
Old 09-12-2005, 07:00 PM

Thanks all,
I will give makeitmopar a shot.

~Rob
Old 09-13-2005, 08:52 AM

i bought from them and they got the part wrong. they got a different part right. not worth doing business with.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by darrenG
i bought from them and they got the part wrong. they got a different part right. not worth doing business with.
Darren,
When you say "them", I assume you mean rockauto and not the other place folks were mentioning (makeitmopar). Is that correct?

Thanks,
~Rob
Old 09-13-2005, 06:16 PM

I've always had really good luck with rockauto....the sent me the wrong center support bearing and I got my money refunded promptly. Wasn't their fault, every parts house in town had the same bearing listed, ended up being a dealer only part.

I've gotten all my oem replacement front end parts from them, a rear taillight lens and a few other odds and ends and I'd definitely use them again.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dragging this one out of mothballs for an update on makeitmopar.com. I was pleased with their speed. They got it to me in about three days, and as previously posted, about $10-12 cheaper than I could get it locally.