Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

9\11 Memorial Breakroom

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 10:00 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman

Watching that on TV as we speak! Quite a moving story.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:51 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Good morning peoples etc.

Just read an interesting 9/11 article, so thought to share it with you;

Untold Story of Unburnt Bible at 9/11 Crash Site Is a Message From God
The following users liked this post:
mknittle (09-12-2016)
Old 09-12-2016, 07:50 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
A gorgeous morning has dawned down here. Still quite warm during the day but starting to back down a bit - - very welcomed. Put fresh coffee and ph00 on the counter and left some wonderful pastries I picked up on the way in. Enjoy.

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Bob, it was Cornerstone Church, John and Mathew Hagee. Both awesome preachers they tell it like it is.
jhm.org.
Been there, done that, good man. And tell it like it is, no "phony correct" stuff in their speech. Wish more ministers could understand that and go for it. Good links this morning too. You are good - - do you find these links on your Kindle while driving along at 80???? .............

Gotta run - - busy day.
Bobby
Old 09-12-2016, 09:32 AM

Received 415 Likes on 317 Posts
Being hit by a tropical storm remnant, Lots of rain and high winds. Neither of which we need right now. Batteries died in the thermostat last night. It was cold in the house this morning. Off to my weekly fold, spindle, and mutilate appointment this morning.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:50 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Heading down to -4C or 26F tonight.
It could snow.
Then back up on the 80's by the wknd.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:58 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
Being hit by a tropical storm remnant, Lots of rain and high winds. Neither of which we need right now. Batteries died in the thermostat last night. It was cold in the house this morning. Off to my weekly fold, spindle, and mutilate appointment this morning.
Jim Brady used to call them physical terrorists.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Heading down to -4C or 26F tonight.
It could snow.
Then back up on the 80's by the wknd.
WHAT????? YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING. Not this soon. It was October that we hit a snow storm coming home from Alaska our first trip. But, wait - - two years ago we hit snow about 100 miles north of the border into Washington in the middle of September. Forgot about that. Hard to believe when we are still hitting 89 to 90 each day.

Had a typical light show late this afternoon. Shut everything down it was so strong. Lost internet for a while, but back up in about an hour. Sure quite a show down here in the good ones.

Shutting down and heading in for the late news. Y'all have a good one.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:31 AM

Good morning all. Put some fresh coffee on and a new flavor Ph00 - - yummy. ........................................enjoy.

Had some good news yesterday. I had suspected a steering pump going out. Closer look and it was the water pump - - was sloshing water up on the belt which would then slip on the steering pump rotor. Phew - - water pumps are a whole lot cheaper.

Off on my GetToDo list - - have a gudurn.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:34 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
I had my battery go flat on a North Shore trip, about 200 miles from home. Turned out the front seal had gone and dibbled oil on the serpentine belt, and it just wouldn't pull the alternator.

I got black to my shoulders changing that belt out on the road.

Got home, cleaned it all up and put in a new seal and timing cover gaskets, and replaced the belt again.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:12 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hectic couple of days coming up. New roof starts going on in the morning due to hail. 30 year dimensional ruined at the 5 year point. Next day, VA appraiser shows. Not selling out, just realigning things. Forecast looks very good.

It seems the barn cats have adopted a new friend. A huge white and gray tomcat has been hanging around today. Never seen him before but the old yellow tom is not impressed.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by j_martin
I had my battery go flat on a North Shore trip, about 200 miles from home. Turned out the front seal had gone and dibbled oil on the serpentine belt, and it just wouldn't pull the alternator.

Got home, cleaned it all up and put in a new seal and timing cover gaskets, and replaced the belt again.
Sounds familiar, only it was inside the cage of a diesel pusher motorhome - - in the desert at 110 degrees - - - waited two hours with AC running inside the unit on the genny, but oh boy, when it came time to get on with, it was horrible in that hole.

Gotta go get grub - - y'all be good.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:19 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin

At least you were able to change it out.

Sucks having to do something twice or three times to get it done.... but you saved all that labor some shop would have charged you.... and the towing fee, as well...
Old 09-13-2016, 08:22 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
Hectic couple of days coming up. New roof starts going on in the morning due to hail. 30 year dimensional ruined at the 5 year point. Next day, VA appraiser shows. Not selling out, just realigning things. Forecast looks very good.

It seems the barn cats have adopted a new friend. A huge white and gray tomcat has been hanging around today. Never seen him before but the old yellow tom is not impressed.
What ? No cat pix ?
Attached Thumbnails 9 Memorial Breakroom-punkin.jpg  
Old 09-13-2016, 08:45 PM

Hi guys. Now in Oskaloosa, Iowa. It was a fairly long run from Oklahoma City, but a reasonably pleasant drive. Only problem was driving thru a few rain showers, but other than getting my nice clean truck really dirty, things went OK. At least the rain washed some of the squished bugs off the front of the truck and the rad.

John, that job sounded lousy. Hope that is the end of your problems for a long time.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:42 AM

Up and atum diesel sniffers. Time to show your head from under the covers and go make some money - - - which means don't have any invested in the market right now. ................................

Fresh coffee and ph00 are on along with assorted cholesterol goodies. I am off to take the White Ghost in for repairs. Be good.

Quick Reply: 9\11 Memorial Breakroom