Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

** The Skuttlecooler ** Thread 10/30 - 11/5

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 05:43 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
.... the only thing worse than the shrill of a pipe in the morning is the shrill of a really bad pipe in the morning .
PISTOL
oh, yee of little faith......

PHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE--------EEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUP..... .....Now, Reveille reveille reveille.... up up all hands, heave out, trice up and stow all gear. The smoking lamp is lit in all authorized spaces, now Reveille, Revielle, Revielle

See, I still got it!

GOOD MORNING DTR!!
is ready, its a beautifull morning and a good day to be alive.....

Spent some time last night ( bored) cruising the net, found some realy nice trucks out there for sale......one 1st Gen that is set up wiht a WVO heater and system..

nuttin much going on here.. warming up a bit, gonna be close to record highs for the next few days per the local wx-man. may have to break out the fishin pole one last time.
anyone got experience with concrete? got a couple questions.....poured a 4"X 5'X6' slab two days ago, covered it with burlap, and then it got 3 inches of rain on it... is that gonna hurt it?

BTW Top, you may not use landmines, but I bet Jonah leaves a few around....

sippinandeatingcandystill......Chris
Old 11-02-2005, 07:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
got a couple questions.....poured a 4"X 5'X6' slab two days ago, covered it with burlap, and then it got 3 inches of rain on it... is that gonna hurt it?

sippinandeatingcandystill......Chris
Nah, shouldn't hurt it. You'd normally help it cure by keeping the surface wet, anyway. Might give it a funny finish, though. Alright, back to my
Old 11-02-2005, 07:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coffee's just about done, the truck goes in for at least 1 u-joint and the 3rd set of weatherstripping for the front doors today. Heater for my garage installed yesterday, spent a little part of the evening basking in it's warmth drinking my favorite beverage.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:36 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Got the nutty dunkers today. Layed in the house all day Monday, because of the weather. Yesterday got and and ready to go, sun was out. Started fetting the tools out and got git by a hail storm, then it poured rain. I said the heck with it and set up anyway, made a make-shift shed for the plainer so I could get some of my pine boards planed out. I still have a dilusion of being able to get started on my pole barn before the ground freezes. Anyway, ended up building a pine door with 4 paynes. Gotta pick up some rustic hinges and get it hung this weekend. Then the room will hold heat and I can finally get the interior kitchen wall ripped out and build a bar. Got a new pair of brush buster pants for bird hunting. Didn't get a chance to brake them in, but maybe Friday.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:09 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Heads up for the post knee scope crowd.

LOL

Try to wait a bit longer then I did to load a bunch of dead trees, lumber and other large items on a trailer, tie it all down and take to the dump.

The wheel is a bit stiff today but not damaged. Coffee and ice are helping.

Scotty
Old 11-02-2005, 01:13 PM

Just got off the phone with the dealer, my u-joints and weather stripping had to be ordered, will be driving a mini-van until Friday. Enough to make a guy start drinking. Well, at least not stop in my case.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Plumbers just left - - can't believe it - - they repiped my whole house in the attic in one day. CPVC, 4 new lavvy valve sets, new kitchen valve set, all pipe insulated, new line to the fridge - - three new hose bibbs outside. Five guys and everyone knew exactly what his job was - - no wasted motion, very little talking. Now two ladies will be here in the morning to repair drywall and paint and clean up. See, I don't even have to paint - - don't want to paint - - don't want to know which end of that hairy thing to hold. Quite impressive. Sure will be nice to have a good shower without having to go outside, turn on the water and hope the house doesn't flood. Been doing that now for now for six weeks. It's time.

Gorgeous day again today. Sure getting spoiled again. Take care. You too, Scotty - - quit pushing it so quick.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Take care. You too, Scotty - - quit pushing it so quick.
OK dad.

I guess going to the wearhouse and doing some light training should not be mentioned.

Old 11-02-2005, 11:55 PM

.... Scotty's "Light training" would give most of us a hernia

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE .... CLANG, CLANG, CLANG !!! (I can't use a Bos'n pipe but I can ring the heck out of the fire bell !!!!)

The XO was out of the office for a couple days and things were nice and quiet in MY world... he's back today so I may have to return to my hiding spot . He's actually a great guy ... would've made a pretty good Chief with minimal training .

Coffee cup's begging to be filled and I'm sure there is an unattended pastry laying around that I can confiscate. Have a good un !!

PISTOL
Old 11-03-2005, 05:34 AM
JKE

light training? Pulled a muscle unloading the red oak. Back ain't feelin' too good. AH well, no worries. Still young enough to ignore it.

TIme to get to it.

Ya'll come back now. Ya hear. - JKE
Old 11-03-2005, 06:26 AM

Mornin' all.
What time is it? I have no idea, every 6 months I have to pull the user's manual out to change the clock on the stereo in my truck. Should've stayed with the stock system
Today is my Friday, flexing tomorrow to get ready for opening day on Saturday. Gotta clean my rifle, obsessively-compulsively check and re-check my backpack for cartridges, license, pen, first aid kit, flashlight, batteries, water, balaclava, whistle, gloves, disposable camera, gps, 2-way radios, snacks, binoculars, throat lozenges, bug spray, rubber gloves (hogs are nasty) etc etc etc. I will then watch all the huntin' shows that I possibly can on the "Men's Channel" on Dish Network, load up the ATV and check it for gas 6 times, check and re-check the tire pressure a minimum of 4 times, make sure I have the key 8 times and check the truck for the spare 5 times. I will go to bed at 7:30 PM, lie awake until 1:15 AM, fall asleep and get up at 3:00 am (an hour before the alarm goes off at 4:00). I will leave at 4:30 am, check that I have my rifle and backpack 4 times. Get to my lease about 5:45 am, ride the ATV out/hike into my stand to be in it by 6:15 am. At 6:30 I will fall asleep in my tripod wishing I had the food in my backpack that I left back at the truck.

~Rob
Old 11-03-2005, 06:28 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
What is that bell I hear ringing? Geesh a guy can't even catch a couple ZZs under his desk.....

Fresh Donuts are out and Coffee is made, try to keep the crumbs off the floor Chaiwa has been making a case for a raise around here

I can fax anyone a donut if they need it, providing I can get this deep cycle battery out of the fax machine..

Yall have a safe one!!!

Grabbing my flip flops and heading over to showerBobs to clean up a bit...
Old 11-03-2005, 08:29 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Grabbing my flip flops and heading over to showerBobs to clean up a bit...
OH,, MAN!,,,,
Why couldn't you have put a robe on at least!

Temps are gonna be nice the rest of the week. In the 80's this weekend. Too bad I got to work graveyards starting tomorrow night.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:45 AM
Top's Younger Twin

CccCcCcCCOLD and frosty here today. We missed the snow yesterday...AGAIN! So that means we will be getting it bad...LOL

I am heading over to soakertubBobs now too.

did my first long walk this morning...felt awesome. NO more clicking, cracking and tearing sounds. Sweet!

Dumping the fluids on the truck tonite at the wearhouse and might...just might try the 180 pound log press to see how it feels...yes bobbydearest, I will be careful.

Lary, I got this new George Foreman Grill/Fax send away!

Scotty
Old 11-03-2005, 11:42 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by RATTLINRAM
OH,, MAN!,,,,
Why couldn't you have put a robe on at least!
Hey, you should have seen the looks on the faces of those two widow ladies who live next door when he came padding up to my front door in just his flippy floppies.

Quick Reply: ** The Skuttlecooler ** Thread 10/30 - 11/5